• diskuze
  • nástěnka
  • přihlásit
    registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    JONYamplified worship - maximum volume yields maximum results
    JONY
    JONY --- ---
    Armanenschaft - Psychedelic Winter (Primitive Reaction, 2008)

Esoteric black metal noise.
    This album contains fast and noisy black metal tracks in the vein of Ildjarn.Slower tracks are sick and atmospheric black metal keeping the same spirit through whole album.
    Primitive forest mysticism inspired by the armanist tradition.

Now that doom legends Reverend Bizarre are dead and gone, main clergyman Sir Albert Witchfinder has time to dabble in about a dozen other projects, such as this one, primitive raw black metal outfit Armanenschaft. Sir Albert is in fact known as Ancient Fisherman here, as he and his partners Morbid Necrovore and Hyperborean Princess whip up a furious squall of filthy fucked up black metal. Most of the tracks are fast and furious, brutal and buzzing, although the record begins with a super spacey tripped out Tangerine Dream style synthscape before launching into some ultra raw necro buzz. The guitars are totally blown out, ultra distorted, relentless D-beat drums buried in the mix, the vocals a harsh howl that just as often slips into a super strange strangled wail. Super simple, super stripped down, Repetitive and hypnotic, definitely for fans of Bone Awl, Ildjaarn, Ash Pool, Akitsa and the like.
    BUT, there's plenty of weirdness going on too. Long stretches of buzzing black noise, some slower doomy tracks with warped, almost twangy guitars, over looping rhythms and growled vocals, plenty of droning alchemical guitar rituals, crumbling dirges, and hissed inhuman vocals. One of our favorite tracks is one that is just drums and vocals, the drums super processed and locked into a looped D-beat, pounding away, the vocals maniacal and hysterical, going from shriek to moan to mumble to scream, and sounding like some possessed muppet. WOW. But even with all that weirdness, the core of the record is stripped down raw primitive black metal, thrashing and pounding, which we totally love. The weirdness only makes it that much better.

http://rapidshare.com/files/143912201/armanenschaft_-_psychedelic_winter.rar.html
    JONY
    JONY --- ---
    Expo '70 - Black Ohms (Beta-Lactam Ring, 2008)

As regular readers of the aQ list can no doubt attest to, we sure do love droning guitars. Whether downtuned and mostly motionless, or frenzied and buzzing, or blown out and shimmery, there's just something about the sound of those steel strings vibrating projected through massive walls of amplification. There's the primal primeval sound itself, the actual drone, a sound found everywhere in nature, then there's the power, the amplification, this transformed sound. The drone is most certainly linked to the machinations of life and the universe, we can only imagine, the Big Bang resulted in an aeons-long drone that hung over the nascent Earth, the sound of insects, the growls of beasts, the rumble of thunder, the white noise of the surf, all harnessed and sculpted into a more modern, more human experience of sound, into actual music. But the best drone music, with the most resonance, is the music that conflates the two. That creates a listening experience, wherein we find ourselves drifting off, sometimes to some man made universe, of songs and sounds and music, sometimes to someplace wholly other, where the music looses itself from the strictures of composition and arrangement, and is allowed to float freely, to drift. It's then, that the music maker becomes more than a musician, more than a rock band, almost more like and esoteric, ethereal wrangler of sound. The magic is creating music, that sounds like it wasn't 'created' at all, but instead, was discovered, unearthed, or if created, not from guitars and 4-tracks and drums, but from some strange energy, or some alternate universe, the sounds become glimpses into other worlds, or peeks into the music maker's soul. In creating these sorts of sounds, the listener is inexorably drawn in, and pulled quite willingly into a whole new dimension, where unlike the creator, who may have meticulously assembled the various elements, they are allowed to wander, and wonder, to float and drift and get lost, to allow the sounds to unleash emotions, to open up their mind, their hear, maybe in some cases even their soul.
    As you might imagine, and we've mentioned it before, the drone is a mercurial beast, and one not wrangled easily. There are plenty of comers, who feel like once you've conjured the drone, it does the work for you, but such is not the case, as is proven time and time again, by sonic alchemists like Expo '70, whose take on the drone is less monochromatic, less one dimensional, whose dronemusic is infused with elements of krautrock, spacerock, postrock, but all woven into vast black expanses of sound.
    Even more than past Expo '70 releases, Black Ohms manages to create some impossible world of sound, that is at once dark and sinister and foreboding, yet somehow dreamlike and serene, a collection of tracks woven into a seemingly continuous sonic drift, beginning with a deep, almost corrosive buzz, pulsing and undulating, shot through with streaks of melody, layered and textured, looped and hypnotic, heavy and dense and in its own minimal way, quite brutal, before giving way to something much more tranquil, a sea of glimmering, harmonics, and deep drifting tones, here the guitar is revealed as just that, a guitar, its abstract chords and minimal riffage, clipped and effected, draped in reverb and delay, and allowed to unfurl into softly propulsive rhythms, and spider web-like textures, again, infused with subtle melody, and blurred, burnished shadings.
    The record wanders through miniature otherworlds of atonal melody, of machine like click and chitter, fifties computer bleeps and bloops, soft chiming jammy summer sun guitars, before returning to the deep, dark drone for a nearly 35 minute two part finale. The first part, a fifteen minute return to the sound of the album opener, the guitar again distorted and dark, not so much riffing as buzzing, a Niblockian soundscape of overtones and harmonics, a warm blackened bed for the ethereal melodic drift above, streaks of glimmering melody, soft stretches of wispy ambience, laced with an almost buried, looped guitar figure, all subtly rhythmic, a distant throb, like the pulse of some buried giant, muted and mysterious, but supporting the whole delicate structure.
    The second, a 20 minute slow burn, a crystalline assemblage of barely there rhythms, deep layers of shimmering drone, this is the sound of a million dronemusic cd-r's fully realized, a smoldering chunk of minimal propulsion, rife with strange, tape speeds shift, but instead of jarring, it only manages to make the sound woozy, slightly alien, underwater, glimmering melodies, sparkling like black diamonds, fields of soft static like clouds of tiny insects, deep soft swells like the ebb and flow of some otherworldy tide.
    Imagine the most minimal krautrock record you own, dubbed over and over and over onto the shittiest tapes possible, left in the sun, then played back on a car stereo, with only one woofer, but then render that in ear popping hi fi. The sound may seem murky and muted, but it is most definitely by design, there is nothing low fidelity about the sound of Expo '70, because within the meticulously and deftly obscured sound world, lurk all manner of sonic mysteries, each suspended in an impossibly beautiful blurred constellation of sound, which in turn is left to drift across a vast expanse of Black Ohms.

http://rapidshare.com/files/143721659/expo__70_-_black_ohms.rar.html

JONY
    JONY --- ---
    BARONFRITZ
    BARONFRITZ --- ---
    BARONFRITZ: nejde si u toho nevzpomenout na jex toth co tu asi před půl rokem proběhli...
    BARONFRITZ
    BARONFRITZ --- ---
    Blood Ceremony - Blood Ceremony [2008 Rise Above Records]

Canadian doom-psyche band Blood Ceremony has completed work on its debut album. The self-titled Blood Ceremony will drop on September 30 in North America via London, England based independent label Rise Above Records.

Born out of an obsession with ‘70s occult rock, Blood Ceremony bears witness to the heavy bands of yesteryear, fusing psychedelic rock and folk with an early ‘70s downer feel. Blood Ceremony strives to achieve a distinctive presence through their music; the desired effect is “the creation of an utterly heavy and doomed-out vibe.” Songs built upon the foundations of medieval heavy blues-rock riffs are characterized by psychedelic ‘60s-style organ work, as well as mystical fluting (a la the manic piping of Jethro Tull), the end result creating a profound sense of musical other-worldliness. Blood Ceremony keeps it simple and heavy; its songs are tempered with strong, brooding melodies that could readily appeal to fans of Black Sabbath and Black Mountain alike.

Recorded at Toronto’s Halla Music and mixed by the legendary Billy Anderson (High on Fire, Neurosis, Melvins), Blood Ceremony’s debut album looks backwards for forward inspiration, resurrecting the spirit of groups such as Coven, Affinity, and Black Widow. Add to the mix some vintage Pentagram, and you have the essential ingredients for the band’s sound. Although the tag of “heavy metal” may be a stretch, there is a sense of heaviness and funereal gloom in Blood Ceremony’s music, as well as a lyrical obsession with eldritch themes, that aligns them with much of traditional doom. Invoking the mischievous “Pipes of Pan,” Blood Ceremony songs are distinguished by singer Alia O’Brien’s energetic jazz-flute solos – accenting an instrument long-associated with a list of devilish mythic characters.

Since forming in the winter of 2006, Blood Ceremony has regularly played the club circuit in Toronto and Montreal, gaining a devoted fan base in each city. The band has performed at Pop Montreal 2007 and at the CMJ Music Marathon in New York. In their short time as a group, Blood Ceremony has also made an effort to play non-conventional shows, performing before bizarre film-projections, in wooded areas and in venues more in tune with the atmosphere of weird nocturnal rituals. The band`s name was adopted from the 1972 Spanish-horror film, Ceremonia Sangrienta.

The final track listing for Blood Ceremony is as follows:

1.) Master of Confusion
    2.) I’m Coming With You
    3.) Into the Coven
    4.) A Wine of Wizardry
    5.) The Rare Lord
    6.) Return to Forever
    7.) Hop Toad
    8.) Children of the Future
    9.) Hymn to Pan

Blood Ceremony features Sean Kennedy (guitars), Alia O`Brien (vocals, flute, organ), Chris Landon (bass) and Andrew Haust (drums).

dwnld
    mspc
    JONY
    JONY --- ---
    Circle of Ouroborus & Somnivore -- Golden Blood (Anima Arctica, 2008)

It's been a good long while since we've heard from aQ faves Circle Of Ouroborus, a damaged outsider blackened folk flecked post metal combo who confound in creating gorgeously fractured ritualistic soundworlds.
    This latest missive is one half of a split 12" with the equally mysterious Somnivore. When we last heard from CoO, they sounded a bit like a black metal version of Jandek or the Fall, but things have definitely changed, the sound is not so lo-fi, and the sonics are definitely much improved, but without losing any of their signature damaged weirdness.
    Chant like vocals, very reminiscent of older Swans, drift over dark distorted spidery guitar lines, the drums, only occasional, dubbed out and also distorted, while in the background lurk slither little minor key melodies, before in swoops a swirl of clean detuned guitars, being strummed frantically black metal style, but instead of buzzing, the sound blurs and smears into a bleary eyed wash, crooned Jandekian vocals soaked in reverb clamber over the top, and the result is something more like some ost nineties Homestead band than a black metal band. But soon CoO kick into gear and offer up the first hints of anything remotely metallic, distorted drumming, buzzing black riffs, but again, less buzzing as much as muted and muddy, the vocals crooned and dramatic, veering into Urfaust territory. Eventually, the buzz fades to a fuzzy washed out drone, that shimmers and drifts before a clean riffy buzz re-emerges accompanied by more deep crooning vocals, emitting a sort of not very black, and not very metal black metal, that seems to be CoO's specialty. Difficult to describe for sure, but we can't seem to get enough.
    Somnivore take up the flipside, the first half is all crystalline clean guitar, urgently strummed, strange whispered vocals, chimes and bells, subtle percussion. All very strident and apocalyptic, like a more ominous and creepy Kiss The Anus Of A Black Cat. Effects everywhere, the track eventually devolving into a swirling morass of deep drones, shifting from hushed whirs to barely there shimmer, to throbbing rumble, eventually dissipating in a cloud of delicate glimmering hush. Nice!

http://sharebee.com/a67be3eb
    MATHEW
    MATHEW --- ---
    a den poté jazkamer, ty mám možná ještě radši.)
    už vidím kolik mi toho letos zase nevyjde :/
    MATHEW
    MATHEW --- ---
    v rámci Stimulu vystoupí KTL!
    JONY
    JONY --- ---
    Electric Wizard & Reverend Bizarre split (Rise Above, 2008)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6BQHH6G0
    JONY
    JONY --- ---
    OT kdyby někdo měl pozvánku na indietorrents, byl bych mu zavázán /OT
    JONY
    JONY --- ---
    _ELPH_: tuším, že něco zminují v jednom z těch tří rozhovorů co kdy poskytli. ale vzhledem k jejich specifikům je těžké vědět jak to myslí :-)
    JONY
    JONY --- ---
    _ELPH_: no u VC je možné vše :-)
    _ELPH_
    _ELPH_ --- ---
    JONY: "as dissociative chemicals are both highly recommended."
    - fuh. netusite niekto ci toto nieje uz tak trochu mimo zakon? ja som sa vzdy trochu bal a nikdy nepovedal ludom ze maju moju hudbu pocuvat na tryptaminoch a inych psychedelikach...(a ked, tak som to formuloval podobne ako tu predchadzajucu vetu aby som bol safe.). takto priamo to ludom nehovorili snad ani psychic tv...
    _ELPH_
    _ELPH_ --- ---
    JONY: :) netusis ake dissociatives beru? babyfood? dxm? angel dust?
    JONY
    JONY --- ---
    Nicole 12 - Substitute (Freak Animal Records, 2007)

Nicole 12 is another project from the prolific Mikko Aspa, probably best known by another of his aliases, Grunt. Before I get too involved in the review, let me first reiterate the blurb from the Freak Animal website : Nicole 12 offers perverse power electronics for the fanatic audience. Sensitive persons must beware of explicit content!!

Yes, this is a dark release, the subject matter may cause offence and should be approached with caution. You have been warned. Dealing with the subjects of child abuse, paedophilia and parental dominance, Substitute delivers ten slabs of dark, disturbing Power Electronics.

The opening track, Substitute, leads us gently by the hand for a little over a minute, a vocal sample from a prostitute explaining how one of her clients paid for her to dress and and act as a pre-pubescent child. Backed with an almost cheery little melody, its almost out of place here. The subtle drone of electronic torture in the background hinting at the true nature of this particular beast.

We are then abandoned at the feet of track two, Holiday. An almost hypnotic electronic pulse drives us forward, a thin line of electronic scribble plays with the higher frequencies and a breathy, almost whispered vocal asks 'What is your first recollection of your father? Is it the summer you went to first family holiday?'. The pace and tempo stay the same throughout, very little sonic movement leaves us hanging on to the vocals, a powerful and disturbing look at abusive parents and their corruption of the innocents.

Track three, Over The Edge starts with a detective, relating the story of the discovery of a murder victim , this leads us to the parent, describing her disbelief at the news of her childs death. The melancholic air is then torn apart by a wall of anger, a growling bass overlaid with a tortured electronic scream which mutes and distorts the looped vocals beneath.

Slut training continues the thread of abuse, hushed vocals with an overlay of rising and falling frequencies, a throb of distorted bass and a feeling of unease as we become aware of just what it is exactly that we are being told.

Skipping a track or two, we arrive at Ballerina. This for me is the stand out track on this release. It makes me feel incredibly uneasy to say this, but it is a beautiful piece of work. A lilting piano loop underpins the whole track, subtle atmospherics appearing from time to time to add a touch of menace. But its Mikkos vocals that give the track its drive. Anger, with an edge of conviction, this guy obviously cares for his music, believes in what he is doing. This is the least electronic and noisy of all track on offer here, but is by far the most powerful, disturbingly so. I feel almost dirty after listening to Ballerina, why? Because I love it despite its disturbing subject matter, because part of me feels ashamed to have partaken of something so sordid? I don't know, its probably a personal thing, suffice to say, if music can cause these conflicting feelings in someone it is doing its job.

The following track, Always Wanted, wakes us back up, accelerating an decelerating machine howling creating an unsettling backdrop for more distorted vocals, a feeling of unease, threatening to deliver, yet holding back as the top end works itself into a fury.

Finally we end with New Generation, almost 13 minutes of tortured bass and heavily textured mid range frequencies. The sounds of angry machinery sweeping back and forth before settling to a dull throb and gurgling high frequency clicks which draw our attention to the vocal samples, and eventually fading to an almost serene melody.

Overview: Bleak, disturbing and unsettling. A solid release. Although Noise fans may be disappointed as it is in many places a sparse sounding affair, fans of the Power Electronics genre should try to locate a copy of this.

http://rapidshare.com/files/141570983/nicole_12_-_substitute.rar.html

JONY
    JONY --- ---

Hello & thanks,

This material is much in line with songs previously available by us (Bete Noir, Northsuite, etc). Some work was also done with d.Marvin of Veinke for this release. I apologize in advance to those who find the music boring, it's primarily a soundtrack for dissociatives, although I find it very relaxing sober. Maybe I just have a freakish interest in heady drones. For me, "Atropine" is a super cozy album. I took the idea of lulling a lobster with rapid vibrations on its shell and tried to emulate that for humans, creating various dissonant basses to vibrate the skull into a daze, adding of course it should be no surprise an extremely bass responsive system as well as dissociative chemicals are both highly recommended. Anyone holding out hope for another "metal" release will be let down. I worked on "P aa" for a long time but the songs became too bloated and huge, and after all these years I'm still quite content with "Genevieve". I wanted to get an ambient album out that I felt was of the same quality as that debut, and I think both albums capture a very similar mood. I should add that with all my travels, my interest in pursuing another music project, a paranoia over some VC fans (I never once felt comfortable being involved with all this) and a dwindling interesting in the 'wall of sound' concept, "Atropine" will be the final release of VC as the project is now complete. Tragic, I know. But I have a good sense of humor about it all. Well, byyye.

Josh (Velvet Cacoon)

PS he new stuff I've been working on is more in the vein of 80's groups like early Sad Lovers & Giants, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, etc. It's not something that fits in on FMP or even under the VC name. Besides, fresh beginnings are always nice to have. There is no other extra VC material aside from those files, so whatever "fake albums" people start doing under the VC name are just that.

http://www.velvetcacoon.com/music/
    Kliknutím sem můžete změnit nastavení reklam