• témata
  • události
  • tržiště
  • diskuze
  • nástěnka
  • přihlásit
    registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    SHARINGANGaming Geeks Gallery (actually a Cyberpunk bug)
    TOMAS3333
    TOMAS3333 --- ---
    SHARINGAN
    SHARINGAN --- ---
    SHARINGAN
    SHARINGAN --- ---
    SHARINGAN
    SHARINGAN --- ---
    THESTOUPA
    THESTOUPA --- ---
    Super Mario Bros. - 500 Point Run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kvT0dywaF8

Well, I did it. This is THE lowest possible score you can finish the game with (without continuing). And surprisingly, it didn't take very long at all. Sadly, it's not deathless, as I miss my first attempt at the 8-1 wall jump. Getting 500 points without dying would have been nice, but that jump is so brutally precise I'd rather not restart every time I missed it (though I would have to restart anyway if I accidentally picked up a coin).

How tough is that jump in 8-1? Well, the timing of the liftoff, the duration of holding the jump button, and the timing of the wall jump are all frame perfect. NES games run at 60 frames per second, which means all the necessary inputs need to be timed within 1/60 of a second. In addition, the starting position before running I used not only has to be on the right pixel, but also the x sub-pixel has to fall within a certain range (technical stuff blah blah blah). In short, it's a pretty annoying jump.

Amazingly enough, I managed to accomplish my objective after my first successful 8-1 wall jump in a run. I was extremely cautious for the remainder of the run, not risking jumping over any of the hammer bros. I also had a few panicky moments since I was fairly jittery, but luckily nothing that cost me the run. By the end I felt like my heart was going to explode.

The other couple tricks I used I explain in the 600 point video. I leave in the death to evidence my humanity, and to showcase how precise you need to be to pull off that wall jump. There is literally no room for error.

No save states or slowdown was used. I did however fast-forward at flagpoles for obvious reasons. (also, I didn't look at the RAM during the run to make sure the sub-pixel was within the right range)

That's all I care to say. Now... TO A MILLION!
    SHARINGAN
    SHARINGAN --- ---
    SHARINGAN
    SHARINGAN --- ---
    ale jako internety to jinak slušně mává :)

SHARINGAN
    SHARINGAN --- ---

SHARINGAN
    SHARINGAN --- ---
    VYCHUCHOL: no hele o twitch plays pokemon vim ale taky sem teda nepoznal že by byl obrázek relevantní... a že se to tu neobjevilo mě nepřekvapuje, protože je to šílená kravina

ZELGARIS
    ZELGARIS --- ---
    VYCHUCHOL: Aha, jsem to z toho gifu nepoznal...
    related

VYCHUCHOL
    VYCHUCHOL --- ---
    ZELGARIS: prekvapuje me, ze se to tu jeste vubec neobjevilo.
    jde o http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon, kde nekolik desitek tisic lidi v jednu chvili hraje pokemon red tak, ze do chatu pisou prikazy, ktery bot prenasi primo do hry. internet je toho ted plnej, uz si toho zacinaji vsimat i media. je to totalni chaos a desna sranda zaroven. celkem dobrej popis dosavadnich udalosti je zde http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/twitch-plays-pokemon

ZELGARIS
    ZELGARIS --- ---
    ZELGARIS
    ZELGARIS --- ---

This one may need a bit of context...

Dungeon Keeper is available on Apple and Google store, like all games there, you can rate it from 1 to 5 stars.

The thing is, when the game asks you to rate it, if you pick 5 stars you are sent to the usual store rating page (where you'll need to pick from 1 to 5 stars) but if you choose 1-4 stars, you are presented with a e-mail form asking you to write EA your feedback but your vote will not be counted. The result is only people who choose 5 stars are being counted and the result is the game having a 4 to 4.5 star ranking on the store. It's shady, it's evil, it's EA.

On Metacritic however, it has a astounding 0.2 consumer rating. Mostly because the game is heavily Free-To-Not-Wait to the point of being barely playable if you don't buy gems with waits of 24 hours to mine a single block in a game based on digging blocks to build your keep.

I already think this kinda of Free-To-Play game is borderline abusing psychologic flaws to force people to slowly deplete their wallets, but it's a gray area since you could say nobody is forcing you to play the game or pay for it. The fake 5-star rank however, is downright wrong and just reinforces EA image as a terrible company.

Nerf NOW!! — 5/5
    http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/1225
    ZELGARIS
    ZELGARIS --- ---
    VYCHUCHOL
    VYCHUCHOL --- ---
    HADIAK
    HADIAK --- ---
    MARZER
    MARZER --- ---
    MICA
    MICA --- ---