• nástěnka
  • přihlásit
    registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    SCHWITAUmění hudebního obalu
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo BuryTheHatchetBurytheHatchet2_zps792d0bb7.png

The Cranberries - Bury The Hatchet (1999)

Bury the Hatchet is the fourth studio album by Irish rock band The Cranberries, released in 1999. The album is the first album released by the band after their first hiatus, which started 1996. Dolores had taken that time to heal from stress-induced diseases, and also had her first child, Taylor, during this period. The themes of the songs vary, from maternity and children, to divorce and child abuse. The album cover was designed by Storm Thorgerson.
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo fleet-foxes1_zps96b5d0b8.jpg

Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes (2008)

The cover art is a detail of the 1559 painting Netherlandish Proverbs by Pieter Bruegel the Elder. Vocalist/guitarist Robin Pecknold notes that:
    "When you first see that painting it's very bucolic, but when you look closer there's all this really strange stuff going on, like dudes defecating coins into the river and people on fire, people carving a live sheep, this weird dude who looks like a tree root sitting around with a dog. There's all this really weird stuff going on. I liked that the first impression is that it's just pretty, but then you realize that the scene is this weird chaos. I like that you can't really take it for what it is, that your first impression of it is wrong."
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo bright-eyes-the-peoples-key_zpsa26eebf3.jpeg

Bright Eyes - The People's Key (2011)

n January 2011, it was announced that The People's Key had won the Best Art Vinyl award.
    “The basic idea for the artwork came from Conor (Oberst). He wanted it to look like a wall of fire, as this was one of the themes/images of the album. He left the execution up to me, but he said he wanted it to be visually striking. I used cut paper, as this was the technique I did for the first release I worked on for him--the "Every Day and Every Night" EP from 1999. I thought it would be fitting to return to the original style of artwork I did for Bright Eyes, since at that time the word was that it would be their final album.” (Zack Nipper, designer)
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo Breakthrough_zpse23dd396.png

The Gaslamp Killer - Breakthrough (2012)

The Gaslamp Killer (born William Benjamin Bensussen) is an DJ based in Los Angeles, California. He has released two EPs and an album, Breakthrough, on Brainfeeder, a record label founded by Flying Lotus. While The Gaslamp Killer's earlier work was characterized by a heavy use of samples, on Breakthrough he chose to work with musicians to recreate the "vibe" of particular tracks.[11] Comparing his method to the way that Led Zeppelin and The Rolling Stones used blues music, he said, "I'm just trying to get ideas from world music, different rock 'n' roll records, library records, psychedelic shit, jazz – getting ideas from other records and trying to recreate them with musicians." Cover art by Kilian Eng / DW Design ( http://dwdesign.tumblr.com/ ).
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo YankeeHotelFoxtrotwilcoyankee_zpsa65844c1.png

Wilco - Yankee Hotol Foxtrot (2002)

The cover of the album is a picture of Marina City in the band's adopted hometown of Chicago. The album was named after a series of letters in the phonetic alphabet that Tweedy had heard on the Irdial box set The Conet Project: Recordings of Shortwave Numbers Stations. On the fourth track of the album Phonetic Alphabet - Nato, a woman repeats the words "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" numerous times; a clip from this Numbers Station transmission was placed in the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot song "Poor Places". Irdial sued Wilco for copyright infringement, and a settlement was reached out of court.
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo PortofMorrow_zps6002b292.png

The Shins - Port of Morrow (2012)

The album is named after the port authority, Port of Morrow, in Oregon, with James Mercer noting, "There’s a sign by the side of the road that says “Port of Morrow” and I always just wondered about it, I guess. When writing that song it popped into my head and I was thinking of it as death, like what’s beyond the exit point, the “port of morrow”, the port into tomorrow? Regarding the album's artwork, artist Jacob Escobedo stated, "After working with James Mercer on Broken Bells, he came to me about this Shins album. He sent references of old Eastern European book covers with skulls and psychedelic faces. So I explored three different rounds of creative. Each time getting closer to what he was looking for. In the final round, I scanned a cross cut of a rock which formed that mountain and put this spirit made of feathers on top. He immediately loved it, but thought it needed a Hopi-inspired mask because he grew up in New Mexico. So he sent me all this great inspiration and it slowly evolved into that cover. If you look closely we’ve filled that smoke coming down the mountain with naked ladies at James’ request. [...] It’s pure Hopi psychedelic spookiness."
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo bowie_zps325dced1.jpg

David Bowie - Aladdin Sane (1973)

As Bowie imagined him, Ziggy Stardust was an alien that came to Earth with a message of hope. In his home planet Ziggy was the ultimate rock star – high on promiscuous sex and drugs; destroyed by his own success. Ziggy’s otherworldliness would give Bowie license to create an androgynous, theatrical persona that set the template for many of the gender benders of the eighties. Aladdin Sane was both an extension of his Ziggy Stardust character and his “idea of rock-and-roll America”, Bowie later explained.
    The music and persona were created while Bowie toured the States, where he wanted “to be up on the stage performing my songs but on the other hand not really wanting to be on those buses with all those strange people… So Aladdin Sane was split down the middle.” This kind of "schizophrenia", as Bowie describes it, was conveyed on the cover by his makeup, where a lightning bolt represents the duality of mind, although he would later tell friends that the "lad insane" of the album's title track was inspired by his brother Terry, who had been diagnosed as a schizophrenic.
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo CrystalCastlesIIDeluxe2CD_zps47da5738.jpg

Crystal Castles - II (2010)

Crystal Castles, also known as (II), is the second studio album by Crystal Castles released by Fiction Records in 2010. Pitchfork placed it at number 34 on its list "The Top 50 Albums of 2010. The CD sleeve notes state that the album cover is a photo of X Tecumseh Clark taken by his father, avant-garde composer and poet Todd Tamanend Clark.
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo pandabear_zpsae135f50.jpg

Panda Bear - Person Pitch (2007)

Person Pitch is the third solo album released by Animal Collective member Noah Lennox (aka Panda Bear). The artwork for the album and all of the related singles were done by Agnes Montgomery. About the the making of the artwork, Lennox said:
    “Initially I knew I wanted to do something that was really symmetrical. The album is kind of symmetrical in terms of how long the songs are, and I wanted the album art to reflect that. I knew I wanted to do a lot of personal thank yous and I knew I wanted to have the artwork from all the singles on there in a symmetrical fashion. So I needed another text panel, and I also thought that since I was sampling so many different people I thought it was appropriate to give thanks to other musicians. I’d never really done that before, and I also always had trouble when people were like “who are your influences, what do you feel influenced the music on this album.” I was always like, “I don’t really know.” I don’t listen to music at home a whole lot and the stuff that I do hear is usually because of the other guys in the band, or the stuff I would hear at Other [Music, a New York City record store where Noah once worked] every day. I don’t have a record player or own a whole lot of CDs or anything like that, so it was always kind of a difficult question for me to answer. So this time I was like, I’ll really try to think about what I feel led me to make this kind of music and give respect to those people.”
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo AFineDayToExitHQPNG_zps3753733c.png

Anathema - A Fine Day To Exit (2001)

A Fine Day to Exit is an album by the British alternative rock band Anathema. It was released on 9 October 2001 through Music For Nations. The artwork by Travis Smith ( http://www.seempieces.com/ ).
    KUBIIK
    KUBIIK --- ---
    Doplnění
    1.: Nalezeno na deviantart, autor Fredrik Sjölander, 2004, Švédsko, design vytvořen pro dnes již neexistující projekt.
    2.: The ‎Von Zippers – Bad Generation (1998), Art Chantry Design, Tahoma, USA
    KUBIIK
    KUBIIK --- ---
    KUBIIK: Bych teda čekal, že příklad dobře udělaného obalu z knihy Jazyk grafického designu dostane víc než -1, ale proti gustu...

SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo sugarcult-start-static-500x500_zpse3e85fe7.jpg

Sugarcult - Start Static (2001)

Start Static is the third full length album released by alternative rock / punk rock band Sugarcult, released on August 21, 2001 by Rumbo Records. It was their first album to receive mainstream success.
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo modestmouse_zpsad63f3b4.jpg

Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News (2004)

Good News for People Who Love Bad News is the fourth full-length album recorded by indie rock band Modest Mouse.
    The album was released by Epic Records on April 6, 2004 on both CD and 180g/m² vinyl record. It was rereleased on DualDisc on October 11, 2005. The art and design of the album was done by Houston ( http://www.wehaveaproblem.com/ ).
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo M83-Dead_Cities_Red_Seas_amp_Lost_Ghosts_zps7d35525c.jpg

M83 - Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts (2003)

Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts is the second studio album by the French electronic–dream pop group M83. The album was first released in Europe on April 14, 2003, then in North America on July 27, 2004 to positive reviews. The cover art is by Justine Kurland.
    CERMINEK
    CERMINEK --- ---
    IOT_JH: Tak naše logo a promo fotky se s albem vůbec nepotkají.. Promofotky budou nové, pro obal se budou pořizovat extra fotky a logo atd bude v rámci obalu :) Ale díky, rozhodně dobrý tip pro grafika :D
    IOT_JH
    IOT_JH --- ---
    CERMINEK: Jak jsem koukal na vase stranky a letaky, tak bych se u obalu desky hlavne vyvarovalo toho vaseho "loga" a skupinovy fotky. Hledal bych neco na pomezi fotky a grafiky/kresby, bez nejaky masivni rozmerny typografie. Klasicky radim spis negativne nez pozitivne, ale myslim to dobre :)

CERMINEK
    CERMINEK --- ---
    malá otázka do pléna :)
    Včera jsme s Five Sins uvolnili do světa singl, teaser k albu Hard Rock'n'Roll Heart, The One Who Will Survive... Booklet je ve vývinu, ale co by se k tomu názvu a stylu hudby podle vás hodilo za booklet?

Five Sins - The One Who Will Survive - Single 2013 - Album Teaser
    http://soundcloud.com/five-sins/five-sins-the-one-who-will
    KUBIIK
    KUBIIK --- ---
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
    Photobucket

Four Tet - Fabriclive 59 (2011)

A strong photographic cover for this episode in the compilation mix serie from Fabric, already responsible for a great number of interesting cover designs. Beyond the photography (from Roberto Kusterle's serie "Rites Of The Body" http://www.robertokusterle.it/ ), the typowork here is also worth a glance.
    Kliknutím sem můžete změnit nastavení reklam