• přihlásit
    registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    SCHWITAUmění hudebního obalu
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo gu006_zps17dcfe0c.jpg  photo gu007_zpsf4a9daeb.jpg

Moby - Voodoo Child (1991)

While his single "Go" was still resonating all across Europe, Richard M. Hall dropped another hit single on his US label, Instinct Records, immediately licenced in Europe by Belgian label R&S : Voodoo Child. While crossing the atlantic, the record gained a great piece of design for its artwork : instead of using a straightforward illustration of the title (which relates to the Jimmy Hendrix sample used in the track), and show a voodoo puppet for example, the designer prefered to use a related object (nails) and create this "typographic" cover. The backcover was going further, still with the nails.
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo machinedrumsxlnd_zps45646080.jpg  photo tumblr_lv3esdA1vW1qa9qpm_1322016929_cover_zps29b69b61.jpg

Machinedrum - SXLND (2012)

More unusual design from Machinedrum (one half of Sepalcure): after his striking album on planet µ, here comes a single on Lucky Me label, with a nice illustration on the cover, and a cut-out inner cardboard included. In addition to releasing music, LuckyMe ( http://thisisluckyme.com/ ) operates as a visual art studio staffed by former Glasgow School of Art students. As a visual art studio, LuckyMe has undertaken design work in the fashion and music industries, completing print, film, public events, websites, and sculptural projects.
    ASYD
    ASYD --- ---

Soundgarden - Superunknown (1994)

The album's cover art (known as the 'Screaming Elf') is a distorted photograph of the band members, photographed by Kevin Westenberg, above a black and white upside-down burning forest.

Concerning the artwork, Cornell said, "Superunknown relates to birth in a way...
    Being born or even dying—getting flushed into something that you know nothing about. The hardest thing is to nail down a visual image to put on a title like that. The first thing we thought of was a forest in grey or black. Soundgarden has always been associated with images of flowers and lush colors and this was the opposite. It still seemed organic but it was very dark and cold...
    I was into those stories as a kid where forests were full of evil and scary things as opposed to being happy gardens that you go camping in."

In a 1994 Pulse! magazine interview, Cornell said that the inspiration for the album's title came from his misreading of a video entitled Superclown.
    He added, "I thought it was a cool title. I'd never heard it before, never saw it before, and it inspired me."
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo 32bac0d9752d83985a5105064a0dc043_full_zpsc8467703.jpg

The Bug - London Zoo (2008)

London Zoo is the third album by the English artist Kevin Martin under his alias of The Bug. It was released to widespread critical acclaim by Ninja Tune Records. Cover artwork done by Fefe Talavera ( http://fefetalavera.com/art/ ).
    N_I
    N_I --- ---
    kdyby se nelibil tak smaznete

kontroll/ asfalt

SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo photek-avalanche_ep_zpsed8013f5.jpg  photo 0001272377_500_zps0e525c82.jpg

Photek - Avalanche / Aviator (2011)

As these 12 inch single releases show, the drum & bass prodigy Photek has made a strong choice when it comes to design since he came back with a vengeance into the dubstep trend. Having a new logotype for his name, and having all the records he releases following the exact same lay-out, with the same strange visual effect on photographies. The fact that those quite dull images are distorted in a way that confuses the senses makes them surprisingly catchy. Some might say it reflects Rupert Parkes sense of complicated and mind-blowing rhythm patterns.
    INFLUENZA
    INFLUENZA --- ---
    SCHWITA: nuz ono dnes castokrat stoji ten prebal za prd :(
    napr u elektronickej hudby sa po prechode z vinylu na digital uplne sere na cover art...
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo stereo-mcs-emperors-nightingale_zpsb4e8f13a.jpg

Stereo MC's - Emperor's Nightingale (2011)

The Nightingale album from Stereo MC's was released out on !K7 records. This sleeve is far from the Hip-hop Techno-ish design Trevor Jackson did for their first and famous LP in 1989. It is also minimalistic, with this black & white origami, while the album is said to have them going back to the "joy of spontaneous creativity". Whatever this can mean.

photo 0001529748_100_zps02a2309d.jpg  photo 0001416571_100_zps8ec14991.jpg
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo atomheart_zps1e839f9e.jpg

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother (1970)

The original album cover, designed by art collective Hipgnosis, shows a cow standing in a pasture with no text nor any other clue as to what might be on the record. This concept was the group's reaction to the psychedelic space rock imagery associated with Pink Floyd at the time of the album's release; the band wanted to explore all sorts of music without being limited to a particular image or style of performance. They thus requested that their new album had "something plain" on the cover, which ended up being the image of a cow. Thorgerson, inspired by Andy Warhol's famous "cow-wallpaper," has said that he simply drove out into a rural area near Potters Bar and photographed the first cow he saw. The cow's owner identified her name as "Lulubelle III". The liner notes in later CD editions give a recipe for Traditional Bedouin Wedding Feast on a card labelled "Breakfast Tips".
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
    INFLUENZA: Z internetů ... nejsem totiž člověk lenivý a když mě nějaké ty zvuky zaujmou, chci vidět také přebal, popř. znát okolnosti vzniku etc. (a vice versa). Je mi líto, že se dnes hudba v osobních/domácích přehrávačích konzumuje většinou sama o sobě, aniž by dotyčný posluchač viděl přebal. Ale co už.
    INFLUENZA
    INFLUENZA --- ---
    SCHWITA: odkial mas tie popisky? :)
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo Severant2000x2000PNG_zps170ceb70.png

Kuedo - Severant (2011)

Kuedo, a band name that is now the alias for Jamie Teasdale, aka Jamie Vex'd. This ultra-modern breaks & synths album released on Planet µ got an artwork where illustration and typography clearly relates to the visual design of the 1920', but with a modern twist. The texture of the artwork add a strong classic feel to it.
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo funeralforafriend_zpsffdfa67b.jpg

Funeral For A Friend - Casually Dressed & Deep in Conversation (2003)

Casually Dressed & Deep in Conversation is the debut album by Welsh post-hardcore band Funeral for a Friend. It was released in 2003 through Atlantic Records and was produced by Colin Richardson with co-production by the band themselves. The cover of the album as well as its subsequent singles is based on a small series of paintings by Belgian artist René Magritte titled: "The Lovers". Upon its release the album received positive reception from critics and was a commercial success. Art design by Barny Bewick for Indium Design.
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo LettingUpDespiteGreatFaultsJapaneseversionHPPR020_artwork_zps8e3e3e2f.jpg

Letting Up Despite Great Faults - Letting Up Despite Great Faults (2010)

Letting Up Despite Great Faults is the indie electro-based sonic diary of founding member Mike Lee. Their 2009 self-titled debut LP was an exploration of indiepop melodies, electro beats, and shoegaze guitars. Sleevage photos taken by Rhiannon Adam.
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo ZonoscopeHQPNG_zps5aef4b61.png

Cut Copy - Zonoscope (2011)

The album artwork uses an image by the late Japanese photomontage artist Tsunehisa Kimura titled Toshi Wa Sawayakana Asa Wo Mukaeru (meaning The City Welcomes a Fresh Morning), which depicts New York City being engulfed in a waterfall. "We saw this representing what the album is about, a tussle between synthetic and organic instruments. It isn't a destruction of the old world, more a creation of the new—it looks archaic, but at the same time it's timeless, referencing music from the past", Hoey said of the artwork.
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo BuryTheHatchetBurytheHatchet2_zps792d0bb7.png

The Cranberries - Bury The Hatchet (1999)

Bury the Hatchet is the fourth studio album by Irish rock band The Cranberries, released in 1999. The album is the first album released by the band after their first hiatus, which started 1996. Dolores had taken that time to heal from stress-induced diseases, and also had her first child, Taylor, during this period. The themes of the songs vary, from maternity and children, to divorce and child abuse. The album cover was designed by Storm Thorgerson.
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo fleet-foxes1_zps96b5d0b8.jpg

Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes (2008)

The cover art is a detail of the 1559 painting Netherlandish Proverbs by Pieter Bruegel the Elder. Vocalist/guitarist Robin Pecknold notes that:
    "When you first see that painting it's very bucolic, but when you look closer there's all this really strange stuff going on, like dudes defecating coins into the river and people on fire, people carving a live sheep, this weird dude who looks like a tree root sitting around with a dog. There's all this really weird stuff going on. I liked that the first impression is that it's just pretty, but then you realize that the scene is this weird chaos. I like that you can't really take it for what it is, that your first impression of it is wrong."
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo bright-eyes-the-peoples-key_zpsa26eebf3.jpeg

Bright Eyes - The People's Key (2011)

n January 2011, it was announced that The People's Key had won the Best Art Vinyl award.
    “The basic idea for the artwork came from Conor (Oberst). He wanted it to look like a wall of fire, as this was one of the themes/images of the album. He left the execution up to me, but he said he wanted it to be visually striking. I used cut paper, as this was the technique I did for the first release I worked on for him--the "Every Day and Every Night" EP from 1999. I thought it would be fitting to return to the original style of artwork I did for Bright Eyes, since at that time the word was that it would be their final album.” (Zack Nipper, designer)
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo Breakthrough_zpse23dd396.png

The Gaslamp Killer - Breakthrough (2012)

The Gaslamp Killer (born William Benjamin Bensussen) is an DJ based in Los Angeles, California. He has released two EPs and an album, Breakthrough, on Brainfeeder, a record label founded by Flying Lotus. While The Gaslamp Killer's earlier work was characterized by a heavy use of samples, on Breakthrough he chose to work with musicians to recreate the "vibe" of particular tracks.[11] Comparing his method to the way that Led Zeppelin and The Rolling Stones used blues music, he said, "I'm just trying to get ideas from world music, different rock 'n' roll records, library records, psychedelic shit, jazz – getting ideas from other records and trying to recreate them with musicians." Cover art by Kilian Eng / DW Design ( http://dwdesign.tumblr.com/ ).
    SCHWITA
    SCHWITA --- ---
     photo YankeeHotelFoxtrotwilcoyankee_zpsa65844c1.png

Wilco - Yankee Hotol Foxtrot (2002)

The cover of the album is a picture of Marina City in the band's adopted hometown of Chicago. The album was named after a series of letters in the phonetic alphabet that Tweedy had heard on the Irdial box set The Conet Project: Recordings of Shortwave Numbers Stations. On the fourth track of the album Phonetic Alphabet - Nato, a woman repeats the words "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" numerous times; a clip from this Numbers Station transmission was placed in the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot song "Poor Places". Irdial sued Wilco for copyright infringement, and a settlement was reached out of court.
    Kliknutím sem můžete změnit nastavení reklam