• témata
  • události
  • tržiště
  • diskuze
  • nástěnka
  • přihlásit
    registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    TUHOKlimaticka zmena / If the fracturing of our once stable climate doesn’t terrify you, then you don’t fully understand it
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    R Hallam

#Easter Monday.
    "God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son"
    Don't get hung up on the God bit, we have to decide do we love humanity as much as God does or do we hate ourselves and each other so much we want to destroy creation?

This is the core question of our time. If we choose the former our love can only mean #civilresistance - a love that will sacrifice anything and everything - as God sacrificed for us.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    IPCC LIFESTYLE For the 1st time IPCC has a chapter on life-style for mitigation (WG3 Ch.5) https://t.co/eG1GJ3A5UT

TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    seznam hacku ruskejch firem. jeste jsem neprojizdel, nekouk´ by nekdo, jestli tam neni neco zajimavyho z fosil prumyslu?

https://twitter.com/micahflee/status/1516521193808875527?s=21
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Lidé po přechodu k zemědělství dorůstali menších výšek. Po příčině antropologové pátrají — ČT24 — Česká televize
    https://ct24.ceskatelevize.cz/veda/3469770-lide-po-prechodu-k-zemedelstvi-dorustali-mensich-vysek-po-pricine-antropologove-patraji
    DZODZO
    DZODZO --- ---
    SEJDA: do rijadu autom iba 1500 km to sa oplati :)
    WOODMAKER
    WOODMAKER --- ---
    SEJDA: ted je tam asi 25 stupnu celsia.
    DZODZO
    DZODZO --- ---
    ah yes... greatness complex, sneh v pusti

Saúdové chtějí vybudovat obří venkovní skiareál. Sklízí i výsměch - Novinky.cz
    https://www.novinky.cz/cestovani/clanek/saudove-chteji-vybudovat-obri-venkovni-skiareal-sklizi-i-vysmech-40393943
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    FB-IMG-1650438933392
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Noam Chomsky: “We’re approaching the most dangerous point in human history” - New Statesman
    https://www.newstatesman.com/encounter/2022/04/noam-chomsky-were-approaching-the-most-dangerous-point-in-human-history

"A lot of young people; Extinction Rebellion in England, young people dedicated to trying to put an end to the catastrophe. Civil disobedience – it’s not a joke, I’ve been involved with it for much of my life. I’m too old for it now [Chomsky was first arrested in 1967 for protesting against the Vietnam War and shared a cell with Norman Mailer]… It’s not pleasant to be thrown in jail and beaten, but they’re willing to undertake it.

“There are plenty of young people who are appalled by the behaviour of the older generation, rightly, and are dedicated to trying to stop this madness before it consumes us all. Well, that’s the hope for the future.”
    DZODZO
    DZODZO --- ---
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Creating a Sustainable Civilization - 1995 lecture by Allan Savory
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=qYbyJ9pbD-4
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    ze zivota producentu + komentar k sirsim souvislostem

Filip Partyka [polak]

Difficult financial decisions in difficult times

Last weeks most input costs and fuel skyrocketed in eastern Europe. In last two weeks we had to totally rebuild our financial planning. We went from 100% organic feed (for broilers and layers) to nonGMO + 60% organic last week to 100% conventional this morning. Our care and management will have to make the difference.

Through Holistic Financial Planning, we are aware of importance of built-in feedback loops and constant replanning. Thanks to Allan Savory framework hard decisions are somewhat easier to make. It feels like you can see potential setbacks from safe distance and act accordingly. Of course that all my change in no time if someone decide to put whole Europe on fire.

Darren Doherty

Sorry to hear that this is happening for you and all other omnivore producers out there.

It is something that I have been discussing with many folks over the journey as a part of my 'the problem of the omnivore' narrative. The 'chickens are coming home to roost' as it were.

I don't believe that this is the last time that we are going be confronted with the broader problems associated with the various resource limits that are made more obvious by the escalation of geopolitical realignments and their machinations.

In any case the challenge remains around whether chicken and pork will remain as affordable as they have been as meats over the last 50-60 years. Large scale producers who are working on knife-edge margins will find the ensuing period very difficult indeed and I anticipate that the average consumer will find the inflationary pressure to continue purchasing these products difficult (along with everything else).

Those of you who are omnivore producers here are largely not supplying the average consumer through the usual supply chains and so there is a bit an edge there—however as interest and inflation rates rise globally, I wonder just how much they will bear when it comes to price rises that you will have to pass on?
    That leads me to the management of your narrative and the direct conversations you are having with your customer base. Most people will have heard by now that the war in Ukraine is already having on global grain prices. My suggestion would be to open up the books in the spirit of transparency and bringing people along with you.

Nobody would deny the importance of supporting producers to continue to produce. If people want to self-produce then they can do so and realise what that requires and why for most its not practical or feasible to do this unless they make radical changes in their whole life—something most folks are still not ready or able to do.

And so in that spirit I would suggest having a conversation with your customer base which does the break down of how much it costs to produce an egg or a bird. Take them through the whole supply chain—make a flow chart or better still make an infographic. In that add the cost of each part of that supply chain and demonstrate what any profit serves.

At the same time we need to take a critical look at how we produce omnivores into the future. Producers like Francisco Alves are possibly at the pinnacle of that art when it comes to pig production and there are others around the world who are having a crack at agroforestry-based chicken models—models which only go part of the way towards solving the base issues of maintaining a cost of production that the public will pay for. Jamon Iberica de Bellota can retail for €500/kg however that depends on having a middle class who is able to spend that much and they are going to be squeezed as a result of their high household debt, wage stagnation, rising interest and inflation rates.

Again, any time which has uncertainty is best addressed, in my opinion, by starting and continuing the conversation sooner rather than later. This builds trust in your brand, support for your purpose and in the importance of your relationships.
    YMLADRIS
    YMLADRIS --- ---
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    From Deep Crisis, Profound Change - RMI
    https://rmi.org/insight/from-deep-crisis-profound-change

Before Putin’s War, Europe had sought to cut its fossil-fuel demand mainly to protect the climate, through policies and targets like Fit for 55. Despite prudence and profitability, those plans faced considerable internal opposition from a range of actors. Thus, Nordsteam 2 was built even after Russian bullying made clear the security risks of depending ever more on Russian gas.

Putin’s War changed all that. German policy shifted more in ten days than in the previous ten years. The German government swiftly brought forward its net-zero target for the electricity sector by a decade to 2035. The German utility E.ON and Fortescue Future Industries overnight created a partnership for the delivery of up to 5 million tons per year of green hydrogen from Australia to Germany. On March 8, 2022, the European Commission published an initial plan to cut Russian fossil fuels completely out of the European energy system well before 2030 — tightened two days later to 2027 — and, remarkably, to cut imported Russian gas by two-thirds in 2022. Meanwhile, in case Russian gas were cut off, the IEA published an emergency plan to show how Europe could cope, then another for an oil emergency — in effect, testing how Europe could not need oil and gas more than Putin needs their revenues (45 percent of Russia’s federal budget in January 2022).

The European Commission plan ramps up the key tools of greater efficiency, additional renewables, more electrification, and better policy. By 2030, it implies the installation of 900 gigawatts (GW, billion watts) of solar and wind as well as 30 million heat pumps and quadrupled green hydrogen. Policy includes faster permitting of solar and wind, new market structures, and more resiliency. As these plans come to fruition in a continent outraged by Putin’s War, Europe will keep enlarging the boundaries of its energy transition to encompass whatever the solution requires. The original green growth agenda is being rapidly refined in a loop of expanding, self-reinforcing, and trans-ideological ambition.

It is completely feasible to cut Russian fossil fuels out of European supply long before 2030 simply by growing solar and wind and increasing efficiency. In 2020, solar and wind provided 541 TWh of electricity to Europe, enough to displace 5 EJ of fossil fuels. At 15 percent annual growth rates (a little higher than the 2010–2020 13 percent European average), solar and wind would be able to displace an additional 12 EJ/year of fossil fuels. Meanwhile, European energy demand has been falling at 1 percent per year for a decade. Another decade of decline would cut demand by 5 EJ/year.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Can the EU wean itself off Russian gas?
    https://ig.ft.com/europes-race-to-replace-russian-gas/

The EU has set a year-end deadline to cut two-thirds of its gas imports from Russia, but the economic and logistical hurdles may prove prohibitive
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Největší příběh lidstva se blíží ke svému rozuzlení. Měli bychom se chystat na planetu B? – A2larm
    https://a2larm.cz/2022/04/nejvetsi-pribeh-lidstva-se-blizi-ke-svemu-rozuzleni-meli-bychom-se-chystat-na-planetu-b/
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    SHEFIK: chtela to kampan insulate britain? (britanie je z hlediska tyhle kvality bydleni tragicka, klima jim to umoznuje)
    SHEFIK
    SHEFIK --- ---
    TADEAS: proc profit?
    Kliknutím sem můžete změnit nastavení reklam