• události
  • tržiště
  • diskuze
  • nástěnka
  • přihlásit
    registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    TUHOKlimaticka zmena / Thank you so much for ruining my day

"Given the sheer enormity of climate change, it’s okay to be depressed, to grieve. But please, don’t stay there too long. Join me in pure, unadulterated, righteous anger."

"I don’t want your hope. I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. And then I want you to act. Once you start to act, the hope is everywhere."

"Our best scientists tell us insistently that a calamity is unfolding, that the life-support systems of the Earth are being damaged in ways that threaten our survival. Yet in the face of these facts we carry on as usual."

“We’ve got to stop burning fossil fuels. So many aspects of life depend on fossil fuels, except for music and love and education and happiness. These things, which hardly use fossil fuels, are what we must focus on.”

A nejde o to, že na to nemáme dostatečné technologie, ty by na řešení použít šly, ale chybí nám vůle a představivost je využít. Zůstáváme při zemi, přemýšlíme až moc rezervovaně. Technologický pokrok to sám o sobě nevyřeší. Problém jsme my, ne technologické nástroje.

Rostouci hladiny oceanu, zmena atmosferickeho proudeni, zmeny v distribuci srazek a sucha. Zmeny karbonoveho, fosforoveho a dusikoveho cyklu, okyselovani oceanu. Jake jsou bezpecnostni rizika a jake potencialni klady dramatickych zmen fungovani zemskeho systemu?
    Ale take jak funguji masove dezinformacni kampane ropneho prumyslu a boj o verejne mineni na prahu noveho klimatickeho rezimu post-holocenu.
    rozbalit záhlaví
    YMLADRIS
    YMLADRIS --- ---
    TUHO: psyop střídá psyop

TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    YMLADRIS: no bude to jeste sranda, treba se jednou dozvime, co za tema uturnama stoji...

Trump: I could have made Elon Musk 'drop to his knees and beg'
    https://nypost.com/2022/07/13/trump-i-could-have-made-elon-musk-drop-to-his-knees-and-beg/

Former President Donald Trump has hit back at Elon Musk for calling him too old to run again — claiming he could have made the world’s richest man “drop to [his] knees and beg” when he was in the White House.
    Trump used his Twitter rival Truth Social to attack Musk, 51, in an ongoing war of words that on Monday saw the Tesla mogul saying it was “time for Trump to hang up his hat & sail into the sunset.”
    “When Elon Musk came to the White House asking me for help on all of his many subsidized projects, whether it’s electric cars that don’t drive long enough, driverless cars that crash, or rocketships to nowhere, without which subsidies he’d be worthless, and telling me how he was a big Trump fan and Republican, I could have said, ‘drop to your knees and beg,’ and he would have done it,” the 45th commander-in-chief claimed.
    “Now Elon should focus on getting himself out of the Twitter mess because he could owe $44 billion for something that’s perhaps worthless,” Trump wrote of Musk, who faces legal action after pulling out of his much-hyped offer to buy the social media giant.

TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    TADEAS:

George Monbiot
    @GeorgeMonbiot
    To all the people saying "they should have locked the Just Stop Oil protesters up for longer", enjoy your weekend.
    But please remember that you wouldn't have a weekend, or any other fundamental right, were it not for protesters who were reviled by people like you.¨
    If we are to have the right to a habitable planet, which I hope your descendants will take for granted just as you take your rights to vote, to speak freely and to weekends for granted, it will not happen without the protests you hate so much.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    INFO.CZ | Konec tolerance ekoterorismu: Gauneři z Just Stop Oil jdou v Británii natvrdo za mříže
    https://www.info.cz/zpravodajstvi-a-komentare/konec-tolerance-ekoterorismu-gauneri-z-just-stop-oil-jdou-v-britanii-natvrdo-za-mrize
    YMLADRIS
    YMLADRIS --- ---
    TUHO: gates dělá fakt hodně pro transformaci energetiky. O klima mu jde rozhodně.

Proč ale teda nemůže sportovat něco jinýho, pokud ho baví snažit se položit nějakou společnost, co třeba fosilní nějakou, to nevim. Beru to jako příznak toho že věcem nerozumím
    YMLADRIS
    YMLADRIS --- ---
    TUHO: protože Biden je hodně proti Tesle ("protože nemají odbory"), ale těžko říct zda tyto názorové rozpory jsou fakt ta příčina nebo prostě clashe těch dvou industriálních komplexu za těmi politickými stranami
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    YMLADRIS: Jedna vec, co nechapu je, proc Musk podporuje Trumpa, kdyz mu jde o klima.

Eee teda ono se cim dal vic ukazuje, ze Muskovi nejak vyrazne o klima nejde a holt jeho role je dost ambivalentni (ostatne stejne jako Gatesova)
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    What Trump 2.0 Could Mean for the Environment
    https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/16/climate/trump-epa-regulation.html

“President Trump made America a net exporter of energy for the first time because he cut red tape and gave the industry more freedom to do what they do best — utilize the liquid gold under our feet.” If elected, he would “cancel Joe Biden’s radical mandates, terminate the Green New Scam, and make America energy independent again,” she said.

At various points, courts overturned the Trump administration’s attempts to relax restrictions on carbon-dioxide emissions from power plants; blocked a rule that would have limited what scientific studies the E.P.A. could use; and found the administration broke the law when it failed to enact nationwide standards to curb harmful ozone pollution. Judges also rejected attempts to take gray wolves off the endangered species list and to roll back rules that restricted methane leaks from oil and gas wells.

The courts could also prove more sympathetic next time around. With three Supreme Court justices appointed by Mr. Trump, the court now has a conservative supermajority that has shown a deep skepticism toward environmental regulation. The court has sometimes blocked rules that were still being adjudicated in lower courts or before they were implemented.

In June, the Supreme Court overturned the so-called Chevron doctrine, which for 40 years said that courts should defer to government agencies when a law is unclear. That ruling could undercut the regulatory authority of many federal agencies. The Supreme Court also halted E.P.A. rules that limited smokestack pollution blowing across state borders, overturned expanded protections for millions of acres of wetlands and narrowed the agency’s ability to regulate emissions from power plants.

many environmentalists say that while they might block some moves, they can’t force a Trump administration to adopt policies that will cut greenhouse gases. And the window to limit global warming to relatively low levels is rapidly closing.

“There’s no skeleton key that’s going to protect everything Biden has accomplished,” said Sam Ricketts, founder of S2 Strategies, a clean-energy consulting group. “I’d love to say that there is a fail-safe plan to protect the gains we’ve made should Trump be president again. There is not.”
    YMLADRIS
    YMLADRIS --- ---
    Jedna z věcí na tomto světě které nechápu. Proč Gates dál shortuje Teslu, když mu jde o klima

SEJDA
    SEJDA --- ---
    TADEAS: ani vlastne nevim, jestli se jeste v Trupove proslovech klimaticka zmena obevuje. Zaslechl jsem, ze by nejspise zase USA odstoupili od IPCC, ale nevim, jestli by dal zase zakaz informovani o klimaticke zmene.
    XCHAOS
    XCHAOS --- ---
    Mangrove Trees Are on the Move, Taking the Tropics with Them | Scientific American
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/mangrove-trees-are-on-the-move-taking-the-tropics-with-them/
    XCHAOS
    XCHAOS --- ---
    Wildfires rage across Western Canada, smoke pollution sweeps into Ontario, U.S. - The Weather Network
    https://www.theweathernetwork.com/en/news/weather/severe/wildfires-worsen-across-western-canada-smoke-issues-spread-into-ontario-united-states
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    XCHAOS: modří jezdí v létě na sever, na jih v zimě. šachmat, změno počasí
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    XCHAOS
    XCHAOS --- ---
    Rekord. Co na to žraloci, pravidelně napadající české učitelky na Jadranu? A kam až ta teplota vystoupá... ještě nemáme ani srpen...
    SEJDA
    SEJDA --- ---
    MATT: dobra otazka, nejspise uz mame presnejsi modely, ktere dokazi rozlisovat kvalitu emisi, mame i presnejsi tabulky co do kvality emisi a v neposledni rade CO2 eq. dost zprofanovalo to offsetovani, proste, i kdyz jsou si "eq" tak to neni dostatecna kompenzace.
    XCHAOS
    XCHAOS --- ---
    What Earth's Climate Was Like Last Time CO2 Was Over 400ppm (Like Now) | The National Interest
    https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/what-earths-climate-was-last-time-co2-was-over-400ppm-now-165871
    MATT
    MATT --- ---
    kdyz jsem kdysi psal klima bakalarku, tak se dost psalo o "co2 equivalent", ale to v posledni dobe moc nevidim. kam tenhle ukazatel zmizel? je to moc velkej pruser nebo je to pro lidi moc slozity?
    XCHAOS
    XCHAOS --- ---
    SHEFIK: hele, z "warming" se najednou stalo "heating"...
    SHEFIK
    SHEFIK --- ---
    Puerto Rico Sues Fossil Fuel Companies For Damages From Global Heating - CleanTechnica
    https://cleantechnica.com/2024/07/19/puerto-rico-sues-fossil-fuel-companies-for-damages-from-global-heating/
    Kliknutím sem můžete změnit nastavení reklam