• události
  • tržiště
  • diskuze
  • nástěnka
  • přihlásit
    registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    TUHOKlimaticka zmena / Thank you so much for ruining my day

"Given the sheer enormity of climate change, it’s okay to be depressed, to grieve. But please, don’t stay there too long. Join me in pure, unadulterated, righteous anger."

"I don’t want your hope. I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. And then I want you to act. Once you start to act, the hope is everywhere."

"Our best scientists tell us insistently that a calamity is unfolding, that the life-support systems of the Earth are being damaged in ways that threaten our survival. Yet in the face of these facts we carry on as usual."

“We’ve got to stop burning fossil fuels. So many aspects of life depend on fossil fuels, except for music and love and education and happiness. These things, which hardly use fossil fuels, are what we must focus on.”

A nejde o to, že na to nemáme dostatečné technologie, ty by na řešení použít šly, ale chybí nám vůle a představivost je využít. Zůstáváme při zemi, přemýšlíme až moc rezervovaně. Technologický pokrok to sám o sobě nevyřeší. Problém jsme my, ne technologické nástroje.

Rostouci hladiny oceanu, zmena atmosferickeho proudeni, zmeny v distribuci srazek a sucha. Zmeny karbonoveho, fosforoveho a dusikoveho cyklu, okyselovani oceanu. Jake jsou bezpecnostni rizika a jake potencialni klady dramatickych zmen fungovani zemskeho systemu?
    Ale take jak funguji masove dezinformacni kampane ropneho prumyslu a boj o verejne mineni na prahu noveho klimatickeho rezimu post-holocenu.
    rozbalit záhlaví
    YMLADRIS
    YMLADRIS --- ---
    Sabine

The next three months will be decisive for climate change. It's because most climate scientists expect the global average temperature to decrease. If that doesn't happen, that makes it likely that the existing projections are underestimating future warming

Více tu

x.com
    https://x.com/skdh/status/1803653833152676251

Jinak na tom Twitteru mají fight sabine ("climate realist"), autistka youtuberka fyzička, která hlavně furt debunkuje bullshit a dle ní nevěrohodné claims

a Michael Man, který drží ideologickou pozici že se nesmí říkat že dekarbonizace se nestihne, protože se tím podporuje fosilní lobby
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    The impending threat of climate calamity is forging a new breed of subnational statesmen from California guided by a political philosophy that could be called “planetary realism.”

Their view departs from the old “realist” school of foreign policy that regards nation-states as the principal actors on the world stage engaged in an endless struggle against others in pursuit of securing their own national interests.

Reality these days dictates that this new realism supplants the old when it comes to the convergence of critical common challenges that are beyond the scope of remedy by any one nation or bloc of nations. As the Earth’s biosphere cascades toward unlivable conditions, the security of each depends inextricably on the other.

California’s Planetary Realism - NOEMA
    https://www.noemamag.com/californias-planetary-realism/?
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    The climate crisis threatens economic stability – why are central bankers divided? | Howard Davies | The Guardian
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/jan/20/climate-economic-stability-central-bankers

In the brown corner, so to speak, we find the Fed chair, Jerome Powell. At a conference in Stockholm earlier this month he nailed his colours to the mast. “We are not, and will not be, a ‘climate policymaker’,” he said. Integrating climate change considerations into monetary and banking supervision policies “would have significant distributional and other effects on companies, industries, regions and nations”. Powell, no doubt influenced by the fact that one of Biden’s nominees for the Fed board had to withdraw in the face of congressional opposition to her views on the climate crisis, insists that the Fed should not go there.

Others in the brown camp include Mervyn King, the former Bank of England governor, who argues that taking on climate responsibilities “would put at risk central bank independence”. No greater risk to human life can be imagined. Otmar Issing, the European Central Bank’s first chief economist, has also weighed in. “There can be no such thing as a ‘green’ monetary policy,” he said.

But there are doughty fighters in the green corner, too. Mark Carney, an enthusiast since he led the Bank of England, encourages central banks to “examine how to revise their … monetary-policy operations to be more consistent with the legislated climate objectives”. The ECB president, Christine Lagarde, herself has described the climate crisis as “mission critical”. Frank Elderson, the responsible ECB board member, has engineered a “tilt” in the Bank’s bond-purchase schemes away from firms with high carbon emissions, in favour of more climate-friendly companies and industries. He described the Bank as a “prudent realist,” rather than “an environmental activist” (though some bankers supervised by the ECB would probably disagree). “Banks will be at the forefront of the energy and climate transition, whether they want to be or not,” he said, and the supervisor’s role is to encourage banks to manage their loan portfolios with that in mind.

On the monetary policy front, Isabel Schnabel, the German ECB board member, recently described how and why the Bank would incorporate climate-change considerations in its approach. In addition to “removing the existing bias towards emission-intensive firms,” the ECB plans to make “climate-related disclosures compulsory for bonds to remain eligible as collateral in our refinancing operations”. Tough love.

The ECB seems unconcerned by Powell’s argument that climate policy is not for the central bank, and it justifies its approach by noting that the Bank’s statute requires it to support the EU’s economic policies, in addition to maintaining price stability. But critics warn that the ECB may soon be challenged in court for overstepping its mandate.
    PER2
    PER2 --- ---
    SHEFIK:
    #realist/pessimist

rozhodne je to dalsi prilezitost a skvela moznost vyuzit to k rychlejsi transformaci energetiky, ale po zkusenostech s vyuzitim transformace v dobe covidu, bych krotil tvuj optimismus

jako daleko realnejsi vidim spis rozsireni tezby uhli/plynu/ropy/prolomeni limitu, rozjeti uhelek naplno atp... jakmile nas dozenou ceny, ktere pujdou nahoru a to nejen v energetickem sektoru(a to pravdepodobne jiz brzy), lidi budou chtit okamzita reseni + uvidime jak moc je evropa stale solidarni s ukrajinou v takove situaci a jestli ten putinuv plyn/ropa nebude shudnejsi reseni i pres ty jeho male bezvyznamne pehlednutelne preslapy, ehm

a jedna paralela, jak dlouho nas ruzni lide varovali pred ruskem a jak to vsichni vesele ignorovali, nez k tomu nakonec doslo a bylo pozde
    a jak dlouho nas ruzni lide varuji ped zmenou klimatu ..... ted se prece mame dobre, takze se nic takoveho urcite nemuze stat, ze....

GOJATLA: nasi predci prezili doby ledove, neni duvod, aby i tohle nekdo neprezil
    YMLADRIS
    YMLADRIS --- ---
    Hope in Hell | Book by Jonathon Porritt | Official Publisher Page | Simon & Schuster UK
    https://www.simonandschuster.co.uk/books/Hope-in-Hell/Jonathon-Porritt/9781471193279

Rupert Read je spolu s uživatelem Jem Bendell a dalšími (17).

I'm going to the virtual book launch of Porritt's new book, HOPE IN HELL, this evening... Jonathon Porritt has for years been seen as the patron saint of eco-optimism. When he writes a book that suggests that we are now -in- a kind of Hell, that we’ve allowed to be created albeit with the best of intentions, and that a more or less literal Hell — a world on fire, with societies collapsed — will be the fate of our children unless we change everything fast, then it’s clear that “Shit just got real”. As indeed it has.
    And yet: there is hope. In fact, as Jonathon writes in the Introduction to this book, perhaps more hope than there has been for some time. For the surreal and terrible shock of the coronavirus crisis put the world temporarily on pause. This book offers some real hope for how we might reset, postcorona. As Jonathon puts it: the 2020s are the decisive decade, truly the last chance for humanity, and it turns out because of the virus that 2020/2021 will be the decisive year.
    If there is indeed hope, then why say that are we already in a kind of Hell? Really, because it =is= Hell, for us to be well on the way to a slow-motion mass suicide that will most cruelly impact our descendants. For we humans (primates, mammals) aspire above all else to give them a better life.
    It is fascinating to see how Porritt has become a full-scale climate-realist. He now states plainly the bitter truth, that “there is no hope whatsoever in another ten years of incremental change”. If we are to avoid civilisational nemesis, the only option now, he states with clarity, is “mass civil disobedience”. In which Porritt is prepared — as in integrity he must, given his diagnosis
    — to take part; and that is what he promises, in this book. 'On behalf' of Extinction Rebellion, I
    welcome him, and look forward perhaps to the day we’ll get arrested together.
    There are many good reasons for reading Hope In Hell, but the most compelling reason of all for reading this book is to listen to one of the world’s most hopeful and best-informed environmentalists now telling the truth without varnish: that this — right now, this year — really is the last chance saloon for avoiding climate-driven societal collapse. When Jonathon Porritt says this, the world surely can’t avoid listening...
    Kliknutím sem můžete změnit nastavení reklam