• témata
  • události
  • tržiště
  • diskuze
  • nástěnka
  • přihlásit
    registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    KAILASHWikileaks - Assange - Revolution now! + Anonymous + Bradley Manning a Snowden
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Assange's refuge in Ecuadorian embassy 'in jeopardy' - CNNPolitics
    https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/24/politics/julian-assange-ecuador-embassy-jeopardy/index.html

Assange’s protection from US extradition “in jeopardy” | I am WikiLeaks
    https://www.iamwikileaks.org/2018/05/25/assanges-protection-from-us-extradition-in-jeopardy/
    MTO
    MTO --- ---
    - je to teda z tech zakazenych serveru, ale snad to prezijete bez osypku. dam i odkaz na original...

I já jsem Julian Assange
    http://www.zvedavec.org/komentare/2018/05/7595-i-ja-jsem-julian-assange.htm

"...Juliana Assange odsoudilo Švédsko, Británie, USA a teď i Ekvádor k samovazbě bez přístupu ke slunečnímu světlu nebo k lékařské péči. Bez soudu, bez rozsudku a na základě pouhých tvrzení, z nichž většina se ukázala jako vycucaná z prstu. To je v rozporu s tolika národními a mezinárodními zákony, že je zbytečné se je snažit vypočítávat a vyjmenovávat.

Zároveň jsou tím všichni budoucí bojovníci za pravdu odsouzeni k perspektivě, že s nimi bude nakládáno stejným způsobem jako s Julianem. Zapomeňte na soudy, zapomeňte na spravedlnost. Dostanete se na seznam hledaných. Dosud jsem neztratil drobnou naději, že do věci vstoupí Vladimir Putin a zachrání Assange před tou hrubou nespravedlností, která ho pronásleduje až příliš mnoho let. Putina stíhá stokrát víc lží a narážek než Assange, ale má za sebou silný národ. Assange má v konečném důsledku jen nás.

Možná nejsmutnější na lidech, jako jsou Chelsea Manning, Kim Dotcom, Edward Snowden a Julian Assange, je to, že všichni patří k vůbec nejchytřejším lidem, které může náš svět nabídnout. Tu kombinaci inteligence, odvahy a morálky, kterou vykazují na své vlastní nebezpečí a riziko, bychom si měli hýčkat, ale místo toho je necháváme šikanovat našimi vládami, protože ti lidé odhalují pravdy, které se vládám vůbec nehodí.

Brzy už nezbyde nikdo, kdo by ty pravdy říkal, nebo vůbec jakékoli pravdy. Temné dny. Když dovolujeme, aby ti nejbystřejší a nejodvážnější mezi námi a navíc nejzběhlejší v nových technologiích byli umlčováni, dovolujeme zároveň, aby se tyto technologie používaly proti nám.

Nejsme nijak daleko od stavu, kdy se v našich vlastních životech staneme nadbytečnými – kdy bude všechno důležité rozhodováno nikoliv námi, ale za nás. Otcové zakladatelé se obracejí v hrobech. Ti by dobře chápali, proč je potřeba chránit Juliana Assange.

Když řekneme, že my všichni jsme Julian Assange, není to jen slogan."

I Am Julian Assange
    http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/49450.htm
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    TADEAS:

On Courage
    [8 min]

I wanted to talk on the the importance of courage for having a entertaining life, for having a fulfilling and inspiring life, for having fun with the various organizations that have done bad things that we have exposed. Most of them in the business are trying to instill fear into people. They don't actually need to be able to carry out their threats, they just need to have people believe that there's a serious chance they might, and that's I think a very very important lesson from this. My experiences and the experiences of the rest of our staff over the last eight years show that actually there's an attempt to use my situation as a general deterrent, which I'm not very happy about, but I want to put it in perspective.

So how much risk is there 'being WikiLeaks', or 'working for WikiLeaks', or visiting me here at the Embassy, or donating to WikiLeaks, or to its legal defense, or supporting us. Videos like the one you saw suggest that the the risk is unlimited, but in fact the number of people that have been in prison, who work for WikiLeaks, is just me - first for 10 days, then I had very severe house arrest for five hundred and sixty days, and then about 2000 days in this embassy with an ongoing battle with the British government, which spends about 5 million pounds a year in a type of hi-tech siege around the embassy. But I haven't been killed, I haven't been assassinated, no one else working for WikiLeaks has even been arrested, no one has been prosecuted for supporting us. It hasn't come about not because all those threats are completely empty, it's come about because we have intelligently managed those threats. Despite the difficulties of my personal situation, which is physically adverse in various ways, we're able to continue publishing. And we have published on average a million documents every year, and continue to do the very meaningful and significant work that makes life satisfying.

So I think that is the first step in a genuine courage - that actually there's not much courage needed to act in a way that appears to be courageous, because authorities who are attempting to stop people - in our case knowing the truth, but in other cases secure liberty for one group or another - first look to create perception of fear in people. And they have become extremely skilled at it. And the more developed the society and the economy, the more skilled in installing that fear without resorting to assassinations. There are of course circumstance which arise, as they have in Syria and Libya and before that Iraq, where the desire to install fear is actually backed by serious military force and people are killed. But for most of us that is not the case, and for those of us who have the luxury of living in countries which have not fallen into war, I believe it is our duty, it is a weight on all of us to try and use our luxurious position in the West to see through the illusions of fear, in order to ensure that those people in other countries don't face the reality of war. And we have made some significant contributions to that of which I am proud. So that's my thesis - that most fear is installed in people by those in power looking to dissuade them from actions that they can actually more or less safely take.

Economy of money, reputation, attention
    [37 min]

Every movement needs an economic basis. The proper economic basis of the left in history has been unionism, occasionally there have been churches and sometimes mass membership in political organizations and their membership base. But now we are in a situation where broadly speaking in the West there is no economic basis for the left. There are connections to political parties and government for patronage that comes from it. That of course refers to all parties that might getting involved and the jobs they can hand out. So without an economic basis one is left with a subsidiary motivation and that is reputation. The reputational economy is based on another economy which is the attention economy. The attention economy is a zero-sum game - there's a finite amount of attention and for you to get some, you have to take it from other places. WikiLeaks is famous for being persecuted and for its publications. It has a lot of wealth in the attention economy and I personally have a lot of wealth in the attention economy, but my wealth is being famous for being severely persecuted. Within the left there are some who are all about - in their view - equalizing disparities in wealth and the particular wealth that they have been going for is this reputation economy wealth. So because the mainstream press is always looking for ways to attack WikiLeaks and to attack me because of its coupling to existing security and big business establishments, those who are after attention are able to get themselves get re-eported by the mainstream press by attacking me.

Information sphere and AI
    [42 min]

The issue of our information sphere, our information universe that we have to deal with as human beings is [...] a much a much bigger problem [...], I think it's our greatest challenge now.

If we look at the direction of AI and the automation of the production of information that flows across - political information, cultural information - then we're heading into a very postmodern world. A little bit like the transformation from classical physics into a quantum description of reality - a slightly blurred, unpredictable reality that human beings can't possibly assess and therefore make determinations on. That is a very serious problem that all human societies will have to face, and it is politically used by Facebook, Google and their other intermediaries as their excuse as to why they should manage the information space of human civilization. They're not just simply robber barons that can sit by. Rather, they have become in some sense kings of our information space and they have the obligation of the nobles to intervene and to manage human perception on broad scale. But that is truly a threat to everything that everyone does, because everything that you do is based upon your perceptions. There's nothing else to base it on other than what you perceive, and if your perceptions are being changed on mass in bulk by artificial intelligences that we have a very hard problem perceiving, and that move at speeds faster than we can understand them, then human politics as we know it is over, and human culture as we know is is gone, and the human management of human affairs will be nothing like what we are familiar with.

[...] [This] negative message is really important. The information space will be dominated by artificial intelligences and that means the end of human politics as anything that we can conceive.

But on the other hand child mortality is decreasing. -- It's not a joke. There's a lot of longed-for statistics about the human condition which are improving and have been improving over 40 years, and they continue to improve. But how much influence we're able to maintain to pursue our shared interests, is I think questionable when we are no longer in control of how we perceive the world.

[...] We had our battle with the NSA. I've been having battles in relationship to cryptography since 1990s and we won repeatedly important parts of those battles. The battle against Orwellian state control that the National Security Agency threatened - the answer is cryptography - and it's not a complete answer, but it's a substantial answer. The battle against artificial intelligence is not feeding the damn thing, it's 'stop feeding Google'. It needs to train on what human beings do, so when human beings give over their lives, document their lives, to information services that are accessible by Google and Baidu and so on, we are laying the foundations for our own predictability with the erection of artificial intelligences which can operate within the human space. Not runaway killer robots, but rather runaway giant corporations that have that tremendous capacity. And they will use it like corporations have always used these advantages compared to others, to extend their domain of domination over others.

TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Speech by Mr. Julian Assange at the #ElevateFestival
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i8w_k0HIqI
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Ecuador’s Ex-President Rafael Correa Denounces Treatment of Julian Assange as “Torture”
    https://theintercept.com/...resident-rafael-correa-denounces-treatment-of-julian-assange-as-torture/

Treatment of Assange is unjust, says former Ecuador minister | World news | The Guardian
    https://www.theguardian.com/...illaume-long?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_b-gdnnews#link_time=1526479862

The Guardian Rejoices in the Silencing of Assange - Craig Murray
    https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/05/the-guardian-rejoices-in-the-silencing-of-assange/
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    2018 Nozomi Hayase - WikiLeaks, the Global Fourth Estate

WikiLeaks, the Global Fourth Estate: History Is Happening: Nozomi Hayase: 9781984027184: Amazon.com: Books
    https://www.amazon.com/WikiLeaks-Global-Fourth-Estate-Happening/dp/1984027182

dl: http://nozomihayase.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/N_Hayaseweb.pdf
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    I as a retired US Army colonel with 29 years in the US military and then a former US diplomat who was in the u.s. Diplomatic Service for 16 years and served in US embassies in Nicaragu,a Grenada, Somalia Usbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Sierra Leone, Micronesia, I helped reopen US Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan in 2001 and then was the deputy chief of mission or deputy ambassador in Mongolia in 2003, and I resigned from the US government after nearly 40 years in working under eight different US presidents.

it is critical to our world that we know what's going on with our governments and quite honestly I've learned more from WikiLeaks about the operation of the US government through the diplomatic files bradley manning now chelsea manning delivered to wikileaks than I really knew in my 16 years with the US government. I've read more US diplomatic cables through WikiLeaks and I ever did with 16 years in the US government.

Ann Wright on Wikileaks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb4LLRQbyMQ
    HANT
    HANT --- ---
    Defector: WikiLeaks ‘Will Lie to Your Face’
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/defector-wikileaks-will-lie-to-your-face
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    The Global Intelligence Files - List of Releases
    https://wikileaks.org/Stratfor-Emails-US-Has-Issued.html

TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    re:publica 2018 – Opening Fireside Chat with Chelsea Manning
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYFP7-zb6J4
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    “Motivated by justice”: defending the world’s courageous people | openDemocracy
    https://www.opendemocracy.net/...gos-boskos/motivated-by-justice-defending-world-s-courageous-people

Australian human rights lawyer and member of the legal team defending Wikileaks since 2010, talks about the hacker from Queensland who chose to fight against surveillance capitalism. Interview.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    TADEAS:

Ordinarily, Western commentators would be lining up to denounce a country like Ecuador for blocking the communications and internet access of one of its own citizens. But because the person silenced here is Assange, whom they hate, their heartfelt devotion to the sacred principles of free speech and a free press vanish.

The tensions between Ecuador and Assange center on the debate in Spain over Catalan independence. On October 1, 2017, the autonomous region of Catalonia held a referendum for independence. The Spanish government declared this referendum illegal. Protests and arrests of Catalan activists ensued, as well as the seizure of ballots and raids on polling stations by the government in Madrid.

In the midst of this crisis, former Spanish Prime Minister Felipe González reportedly requested that Spain’s most powerful media conglomerate, Grupo PRISA, which owns El País, “offer a firm response” to the independence movement in Catalonia. The media corporation complied, devoting its full resources to opposing Catalan secession.

El País, days later, began depicting Catalan activists as a tool of the Kremlin. The paper published an article alleging that not only Assange, but also Edward Snowden, were helping Russian propaganda networks spread “fake news” about Catalonia. El País repeated these claims in subsequent stories, which were echoed in reports from other anti-separatist organizations, such as the Spanish think tank Elcano Royal Institute, Atlantic Council’s Digital Forensics Research Lab, and NATO’s StratCom.

while these accusations are being taken seriously, they — like many claims about “fake news” and foreign online propaganda campaigns — are not being critically scrutinized or journalistically verified, and have little evidentiary support.

One of the more methodologically unsound tactics used is to depict not only RT and Sputnik, but anyone who is quoted or even retweeted by them, as assisting in the spread of Russian state propaganda. During his testimony for the U.K. fake news committee, David Alandete from El Pais stated that “RT and Sputnik are at the center of this. Assange and Snowden are a very handy source for them; anything that Assange says is a quote and a headline.”

Assange was mentioned multiple times in RT and Sputnik’s coverage about Catalonia, but the stories quoting Assange comprised only a small minority of their discussions of these political events. Analysis of Sputnik and RT’s stories based on both Media Cloud’s data and their tweets reveal that only 1% to 3% of RT and Sputnik’s stories about Catalonia also mention Assange. Additionally, most of these references to Assange are centered around a few isolated quotes and events, in contrast to RT and Sputnik’s continuous coverage of the situation in Catalonia more generally.

Rather ironically (given the claims about bots and trolls promoting messages about independence in Catalonia), there is clear evidence of Twitter bots spreading messages about the crisis in Spain — but those were non-Russian bots and they were spreading propaganda that was opposed to Catalan independence. This is hardly the first time that Western governments and its allies have been caught using fake online activity to spread Western propaganda, but few western commentators care except when Russia or other U.S. adversaries do it.

The pattern of events seen here is not specific to Julian Assange, Ecuador, Spain, or any one country. It is a global, systemic problem. This situation an illustrative example of what happens when political tensions around internal divisions, in this case Spain and Catalonia, build and break. In the aftermath, people struggle to explain what they see as an injustice, and conclude that some foreign person or group interfered to bring about a problematic situation by spreading propaganda or disinformation.

This narrative grows and shifts the focus away from internal problems and divisions by unifying people against this new external enemy, much the way patriotism surges during a war. This sentiment can then be exploited as a tactic of manipulation for those seeking to support their own agendas, and leveraged to pressure external parties. It is also an extremely powerful tool for stigmatizing any internal, domestic dissent aligned with, if not controlled by, the foreign villain. Meanwhile, internal tensions continue to build and conflicts escalate, with their actual causes ignored in favor of pleasing, simplistic, self-vindicating storylines about foreign interference.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    TADEAS: ten kdo dal minus to cetl? komentar lepsi minuska.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    How Shoddy Reporting and Anti-Russian Propaganda Coerced Ecuador to Silence Julian Assange
    https://theintercept.com/...ian-interference-in-catalonia-coerced-ecuador-to-silence-julian-assange/
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Pamela Anderson Is Concerned About Julian Assange's Health | Good Morning Britain
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoMo69-UxYc

dobre je tam stira pamela .)
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Opinion: Ecuador’s Solitary Confinement Of Assange Is Torture – Disobedient Media
    https://disobedientmedia.com/2018/04/opinion-ecuadors-solitary-confinement-of-assange-is-torture/
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    2018 Manuel Echeverría - WikiLeaks’ Unforgivable Liberalism

This book shows that journalism on the Assange case in the Swedish nation-wide press is propaganda.
    The common view that Swedish journalism is leftist, left-wing feminist or scrutinizes power has no
    grounds in observed journalistic behaviour in this study. The results are instead consistent with
    the predictions of the propaganda model (Chomsky & Herman, 2001). Journalistic docility resulted in
    a homogeneous set of opinions, implying that the thousands of articles' written by independent
    professionals on the payroll of the largest newspapers, could just as well have been written by a
    handful officials instructed to advocate the elite opinion2 on how the Assange case should be
    understood.

dl: http://media3.libertarianbooks.se/...ism-%E2%80%93M.Echeverri%CC%81a%E2%80%93LibertarianBooksSwe.pdf
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    The Art of Revolt: Snowden, Assange, Manning | Geoffroy de Lagasnerie
    https://www.sup.org/books/title/?id=27861

Edward Snowden, Julian Assange, and Chelsea Manning are key figures in the struggles playing out in our democracies over internet use, state secrets, and mass surveillance in the age of terror. When not decried as traitors, they are seen as whistle-blowers whose crucial revelations are meant to denounce a problem or correct an injustice. Yet, for Geoffroy de Lagasnerie, they are much more than that. Snowden, Assange, and Manning are exemplars who have reinvented an art of revolt. Consciously or not, they have inaugurated a new form of political action and a new identity for the political subject.

Anonymity as practiced by WikiLeaks and the flight and requests for asylum of Snowden and Assange break with traditional forms of democratic protest. Yet we can hardly dismiss them as acts of cowardice. Rather, as Lagasnerie suggests, such solitary choices challenge us to question classic modes of collective action, calling old conceptions of the state and citizenship into question and inviting us to reformulate the language of critical philosophy. In the process, he pays homage to the actions and lives of these three figures.

About the author: Geoffroy de Lagasnerie, Professor at the École Nationale Supérieure d'Arts de Paris-Cergy, is a French philosopher and sociologist who has been called one of the most influential thinkers in contemporary French culture.

dl: http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=0B8DFF35987C2301F61714FE780C60F3
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    HANT: oni wikileaks.

"Claims made by Ecuador's public affairs office that @wikileaks editor @julianassange, arguably the world's best known free speech avtivist, is under a gag agreement, are, perhaps unsurpringly, entirely false." https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/979124333091196928
    HANT
    HANT --- ---
    TADEAS: Kdo oni? V oficialnim vyjadreni ambasady je, ze porusil dohodu, kterou spolu podepsali ke konci 2017:

Comunicación Ecuador on Twitter: "COMUNICADO OFICIAL | El Gobierno de Ecuador suspende las comunicaciones de @JulianAssange.… "
    https://twitter.com/ComunicacionEc/status/979027961411194880/photo/1
    Kliknutím sem můžete změnit nastavení reklam