• události
  • tržiště
  • diskuze
  • nástěnka
  • přihlásit
    registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    TUHOKlimaticka zmena / Thank you so much for ruining my day

"Given the sheer enormity of climate change, it’s okay to be depressed, to grieve. But please, don’t stay there too long. Join me in pure, unadulterated, righteous anger."

"I don’t want your hope. I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. And then I want you to act. Once you start to act, the hope is everywhere."

"Our best scientists tell us insistently that a calamity is unfolding, that the life-support systems of the Earth are being damaged in ways that threaten our survival. Yet in the face of these facts we carry on as usual."

“We’ve got to stop burning fossil fuels. So many aspects of life depend on fossil fuels, except for music and love and education and happiness. These things, which hardly use fossil fuels, are what we must focus on.”

A nejde o to, že na to nemáme dostatečné technologie, ty by na řešení použít šly, ale chybí nám vůle a představivost je využít. Zůstáváme při zemi, přemýšlíme až moc rezervovaně. Technologický pokrok to sám o sobě nevyřeší. Problém jsme my, ne technologické nástroje.

Rostouci hladiny oceanu, zmena atmosferickeho proudeni, zmeny v distribuci srazek a sucha. Zmeny karbonoveho, fosforoveho a dusikoveho cyklu, okyselovani oceanu. Jake jsou bezpecnostni rizika a jake potencialni klady dramatickych zmen fungovani zemskeho systemu?
    Ale take jak funguji masove dezinformacni kampane ropneho prumyslu a boj o verejne mineni na prahu noveho klimatickeho rezimu post-holocenu.
    rozbalit záhlaví
    SHINIGAMI
    SHINIGAMI --- ---
    XCHAOS: to budou efekty, az se to zkratne nebo zadre;)

LINKOS: tak pocitej 6MW za minutovy dobijeni, to je porad prikon mensi vesnice ne? Co me vychazi, ze by to mohlo fungovat, tak az bude mit kazdy auto tak predimenzovany baterky, ze takovyhle 'tankovani' nebude temer potreba. A bude se proste dobijet curkem kde to pujde. Plus pro kamiony troleje ap.
    XCHAOS
    XCHAOS --- ---
    SHINIGAMI: jj, ale můžeš mít na benzínkách roztočený setrvačník. A dobíjet supravodivými kabely, asi :-)
    XCHAOS
    XCHAOS --- ---
    LINKOS: to říká právě ta matika. Ale když to místo 15 sekund bude stále přijatelných 5 minut, jsme na 20x menším výkonu. Ale megawatt (a kousek), to je pořád ještě lokomotiva...
    SHINIGAMI
    SHINIGAMI --- ---
    LINKOS: bez tech proudu to tak rychle nenabijes ;) I pokud by nechteli byt tak megarychli, a stacilo se priblizit klasickymu strcim trubku, naleju naftu, jedu, vychazi dost silena cisla, nezavisle na typu baterky. x pocet aut na cerpacce... Ale to neni problem baterky, ale elektromobilu obecne.
    LINKOS
    LINKOS --- ---
    SHINIGAMI: tak proto je v plánu to kombinovat s jinými druhý akumulátorů. Navíc kdo říká že tam musíš ctat takové proudy, podstatné je, že nemusíš nabíjet hodinu
    SHINIGAMI
    SHINIGAMI --- ---
    LINKOS: ze by se mela ucit matika? Z toho, ze nekdo produkuje takovyhle nadpisy. Jedna vec je dobit jeden clanek za 15s, druha cele auto, kde se ty vykony kapku nasobi.
    LINKOS
    LINKOS --- ---
    SHINIGAMI: to si vyčet kde?
    SHINIGAMI
    SHINIGAMI --- ---
    LINKOS: Baterky super, ale ten dobijeci vykon 24MW, pocitano pro 100kWh Teslu... Ta vyuka matiky a prirodnich ved by se vazne nemela omezovat.
    LINKOS
    LINKOS --- ---
    Estonská firma má recept, jak dobít elektromobil za 15 sekund | fDrive.cz
    https://fdrive.cz/clanky/estonska-firma-ma-recept-jak-dobit-elektromobil-za-15-sekund-5817
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    WoodMac: Wind, Solar and Storage to Dominate Europe’s Power Grid by 2030 | Greentech Media
    https://www.greentechmedia.com/...cles/read/wind-solar-and-storage-to-dominate-europes-grids-by-2030

Power System Flexibility Key To Europe's Net Zero Targets | Wood Mackenzie
    https://www.woodmac.com/news/opinion/power-system-flexibility-key-to-europes-net-zero-targets/

Europe has four options for balancing out its grid: pumped hydro, gas peakers, energy storage and interconnectors. Only the final three of the quartet are likely to be the focus of new investment.

For now, “gas peakers are more essential than ever,” said Rory McCarthy, Wood Mackenzie principal analyst. “They can ramp up to full output from warm in a couple of minutes for modern systems, have increasing efficiency levels at part loading and boast unlimited duration, assuming a reliable gas supply.”

by the end of the decade, battery storage will be the cheapest option for balancing Europe's grid, overtaking gas peakers, according to a new long-term energy storage outlook. Europe's energy storage capacity across all segments is expected to grow from 3 gigawatts today (excluding pumped hydro) to 26 gigawatts in 2030 — and 89 gigawatts by 2040.

By 2040, Europe could have 320 gigawatt-hours of storage capacity available for second-to-second system balancing, WoodMac says. Most of that will come from front-of-the-meter battery systems.

“By 2030 energy storage will beat gas peakers on cost across all our target markets, resulting in a cloudy outlook for any new future peaking turbines," McCarthy said. "Fuel and carbon prices are on the up, technology costs are not set for any major decreases and net-zero policies will eventually target the decarbonization of all power market services.”
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Earlier today activists - Mike Lynch-White and Dr Tim Hewlett of Scientist Rebellion - were arrested after targeting the Royal Society, calling on scientists to engage in NVDA in defence of truth and life. Climate scientists have made consistent predictions for four decades. In that time our political system has worse than failed. The crisis has deepened and escalated, ecosystems have collapsed, emissions have increased, and humanity’s future has been stolen.

Those who understand the nature of the crisis have a moral duty to non-violently rise up - against those industries and governments who bring destruction - in defence of truth and life.

If scientists do not act like their lives depend on systemic change, why should the public believe the science?

It is time for scientists to go beyond the science. We must demonstrate the legitimacy of science, the reality of the truth, through actions more than words. We must be brave enough to fight in defence of that which is true, and in defence of us all.

Earlier today activists - Mike... - Scientist Rebellion | Facebook
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=102862881565289&id=101682751683302
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---

Forest experts demanding change in forest management -
    https://wilderness-society.org/...nism-in-the-german-forest-crisis-and-demand-end-of-wood-factories/

A forest crisis not only driven by climate change.

In the light of the current forest crisis in Germany, a group of forest experts, forest practitioners, forest owners and representatives of environmental associations and NGO demand to turn away from conventional forestry in an open letter to the German Federal Minister of Agriculture Julia Klöckner.

forests across Europe, more specifically in Germany, expose the complex interrelated problems of climate change and management and should force us to radically rethink our current and future strategies. Ecosystem-based adaptive management principles that practice half for nature forestry, coupled with revised measures of valuing forests are essential prerequisites to safeguarding the vital ecology and services of our forests for everyone, for ever.

Climate change is progressing, and this, without a doubt, has massive impacts on all terrestrial ecosystems, including forests. To pretend that the last two years of drought alone caused the disaster is too cheap. On closer inspection, the disaster is also the result of decades of a forestry focused on conifers – in a country that was once naturally dominated by mixed deciduous forests. People do not like to admit that for more than 200 years they have relied on the wrong species of commercial tree (spruce) and have also created artificial, ecologically highly unstable and thus high-risk forest ecosystems. A whole branch of business has become dependent on coniferous wood. And now the German coniferous timber industry is on the verge of bankruptcy.

It would only have been honest and also a sign of political greatness if you and the forestry ministers in Moritzburg had declared: Yes, our forestry industry has made mistakes in the past, and yes, we are ready for a relentless analysis that takes into account not only purely silvicultural, but also forest-ecological aspects. Instead, you have confined yourselves to pre-stamped excuses that are already familiar to everyone and that lack any self-critical reflection.
    YMLADRIS
    YMLADRIS --- ---
    Local Woman Just Thinks Flaming Forest Could Find More Peaceful Way to Protest Climate Change – The Needling
    http://theneedling.com/...flaming-forest-could-find-more-peaceful-way-to-protest-climate-change/amp/

“Like, I know why you’re on fire and it’s not your fault and you need a lot of help to put it out, but I still think you could take the temp down a few notches, you know?” said Hayes, sipping chilled white wine from her living room. “Trust me: When you get yourself under control like a good little forest and everything goes back to normal, that’s when people will finally rush to start taking your survival seriously. But all this uncomfortable smoke you’re sending everywhere to alert people you’re going down in flames right now? It’s just rude, honestly.”

Hayes says creating all this collateral property damage is no way to get people on your side either.

“I know you’re fighting for your very existence, but that’s no excuse to be so dramatic about it,” Hayes said. “We see you, we hear you and we’re totally going to address climate change in some vague way at some vague point in the future, okay? But, for now, just calm the fuck down because you’ve already ruined my weekend travel plans at the lakehouse. All weekend plans matter, you know, not just yours.”

TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    The Facts And Stories Behind Waterway Restoration, With Judith Schwartz – Abundant Edge
    https://abundantedge.com/judith-schwartz/

Her two most recent books, Water in Plain sight, and The Reindeer Chronicles both feature incredible case studies of the importance of a healthy water cycle, to the health of our ecosystems and global climate regulation

Judith is known for taking a clear-eyed look at global environmental, economic, and social challenges, and finds insights and solutions in natural systems. She also writes for numerous publications, including The American Prospect, The Guardian, Discover, and Scientific American.

In this interview Judith begins by explaining some essential information on the water cycle beyond the simple rain and evaporation rotation we all learned in grade school.

She also walks me through the ways it interacts with plant life to affect the rainfall of an area and hydrate the land. From there we explore some of the incredible examples of ecosystem regeneration that she highlights in her books and we even get into some mind expanding questions that you can use yourself to re-evaluate your own understanding of the potential of your own regenerative projects and dreams at the end of the episode
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    AMBIENTIUM
    AMBIENTIUM --- ---
    SHINIGAMI: výhodných jaderek myslíš konkrétně v čem výhodných? Že budeme platit 50 kč za kwh?
    SHEFIK
    SHEFIK --- ---
    JAZZZ: tady je to hezky rozepsany, vcetne energy losses

Case Study: Hydrogen Fuel Cells Add Excessive Complex Technology & Cost
    https://insideevs.com/news/443711/hydrogen-fuel-cell-cars-complex-costly-impractical/amp/
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    FARMSCAPE ECOLOGY - Hudson River Stories
    https://www.hudsonriverstories.com/farmscape-ecology/

Recent biodiversity decline can be partially attributed to the impacts of farming, including habitat loss, fragmentation and degradation; pesticide-related plant and animal mortality; and the effects of a changing climate on wlidliefe, plants, soil and water quality.

For the past several years a small team of ecologists, herpetologists, micro-biologists, ornithologists, hydrologists and farmers in New York’s Hudson Valley have been trying to answer the question, “Can wildlife and farming co-exist?”

Can Farming and Wildlife Coexist?
    https://therivernewsroom.com/can-farming-wildlife-coexist-farmscape-ecology-film/

My film company, Oceans 8 Films, spent six months in 2019 observing and monitoring the research done by the collaborative team, which represents a sizable swath of Hudson Valley scientists and farmers, from Hawthorne Valley, Bard College, SUNY New Paltz, Hudsonia, and the Hudson Valley Farm Hub. Our short film is called, simply, “Farmscape Ecology,” and it’s the latest in our Hudson River Stories series. The film profiles the various partners as they dig into how changes in everything from where you plant native flowers and how many insects are collected to the moisture and microbiology of the soil can impact crop growth.

Hope on the Hudson 9: Farmscape Ecology
    https://vimeo.com/384666178
    MARSHUS
    MARSHUS --- ---
    link k mapě hořícího západního pobřeží

USA Wildfires
    https://storymaps.esri.com/stories/usa-wildfires/
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    DESMOND:

ad kodan

Copenhagen is using biomass from monoculture plantations in Brazil to become “carbon neutral”
    https://redd-monitor.org/...-become-carbon-neutral-yet-another-false-solution-to-the-climate-crisis/

obecne, ta absolutni klimaticko-ekosystemova stopa se ma snizovat, dela se s tim spousta triku a v tom konecnym dopadu nevim ze by se to delo
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Kliknutím sem můžete změnit nastavení reklam