• témata
  • události
  • tržiště
  • diskuze
  • nástěnka
  • přihlásit
    registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    TUHOKlimaticka zmena / If the fracturing of our once stable climate doesn’t terrify you, then you don’t fully understand it

"Given the sheer enormity of climate change, it’s okay to be depressed, to grieve. But please, don’t stay there too long. Join me in pure, unadulterated, righteous anger."

"I don’t want your hope. I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. And then I want you to act. Once you start to act, the hope is everywhere."

"Our best scientists tell us insistently that a calamity is unfolding, that the life-support systems of the Earth are being damaged in ways that threaten our survival. Yet in the face of these facts we carry on as usual."

“We’ve got to stop burning fossil fuels. So many aspects of life depend on fossil fuels, except for music and love and education and happiness. These things, which hardly use fossil fuels, are what we must focus on.”

A nejde o to, že na to nemáme dostatečné technologie, ty by na řešení použít šly, ale chybí nám vůle a představivost je využít. Zůstáváme při zemi, přemýšlíme až moc rezervovaně. Technologický pokrok to sám o sobě nevyřeší. Problém jsme my, ne technologické nástroje.

Rostouci hladiny oceanu, zmena atmosferickeho proudeni, zmeny v distribuci srazek a sucha. Zmeny karbonoveho, fosforoveho a dusikoveho cyklu, okyselovani oceanu. Jake jsou bezpecnostni rizika a jake potencialni klady dramatickych zmen fungovani zemskeho systemu?
    Ale take jak funguji masove dezinformacni kampane ropneho prumyslu a boj o verejne mineni na prahu noveho klimatickeho rezimu post-holocenu.
    rozbalit záhlaví
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    TUHO: Tohle je total :D

Earthworms that just work on the surface (epigeic worms) don’t make tunnels and are not considered geoengineers.
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    They are a gardener’s best friend, good for the soil and a treat for birds. But the humble earthworm may not always be good news, according to a study that suggests invasive earthworms could be making Arctic soils too fertile.
    The earthworm is not typically thought of as an invasive species. “Most parts of Europe have earthworms so we never really saw them as a problem,” says lead researcher Dr Gesche Blume-Werry, an ecologist from the University of Greifswald in Germany. But Blume-Werry and her colleagues realised that “more and more spots in the Arctic have worms because humans brought them there”.
    Earthworms move at around five to 10 metres a year in the Arctic, but human mobility means they can jump from the UK to Svalbard in a single move. They are reaching remote areas by hitchhiking in the treads of people’s shoes, from being used as bait for fishing and in imported soils for gardening. As the Arctic warms, they are able to colonise more areas.
    Early research indicates that the earthworms could have the same effect on Arctic plant productivity as a 3C rise in temperature.

'The aliens to watch': how the humble earthworm is altering the Arctic | Environment | The Guardian
    https://www.theguardian.com/...e-aliens-to-watch-how-the-humble-earthworm-is-altering-the-arctic-aoe
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    The oil industry is on the cusp of a process of almost total decimation that will begin over the next 30 years, and continue through to the next century. That’s the stark implication of a new forecast by a team of energy analysts led by a former US government energy advisor, seen exclusively by Motherboard.
    2020, the forecast suggests, will go down in history as the final point-of-no-return for the global oil industry—a date to which we will look back and remember how the production of oil, as well as other fossil fuels like gas and coal, underwent a slow, but inexorable and largely irreversible decline.
    Along the way, some 80 percent of the industry as we know it is going to be wiped out.
    Of course, the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to be recognized as a principal trigger for this decline. The new era of oscillating social distancing rules and remote working has crushed once rocketing demand, at least temporarily.
    But in reality, the broad contours of this decline were already set in motion even before the pandemic hit. And the implications are stark: we are in the midst of a fundamental energy transition which will see the bulk of the fossil fuel industry gradually eclipsed in coming decades.

The End of the Oil Age Is Upon Us
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3aze8j/the-end-of-the-oil-age-is-upon-us
    GOJATLA
    GOJATLA --- ---
    RENEWABLE ENERGY: Study: Black turbine blades reduced bird mortality by 72% -- Tuesday, August 25, 2020 -- www.eenews.net
    https://www.eenews.net/stories/1063712423

Bird death from turbine collisions dropped by 71.9% where a turbine blade was black, compared with unpainted turbines at the same wind farm, according to findings published last month in the peer-reviewed journal Ecology and Evolution.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    L4MA: akorat motivace neni si neco usetrit
    L4MA
    L4MA --- ---
    TUHO: prvni veta :)

"It is time to grow up and see the world as it is.There are some things which are undeniably real, there are some things we cannot change and one of those is the laws of physics"

kdyby to samy dokazal aplikovat i na ty nejzakladnejsi veliciny, hloupost, kratkozrakost a lhostejnost, usetril by si spoustu mrzeni. :)
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---

hallam umre

6 hlasy od 6 respondentů

TUHO
      TUHO --- ---
      TADEAS: .]]

Is it not our most indispensable duty to bring down any government that entertains such radical evil, as to destroy this beautiful world in exchange for a few more years of accumulating bits of paper with numbers written on them?
      This is a manual on how we are going to do it. Come what may.

Beyond Politics' twin tasks are

1). removing the government and
      2). replacing government with citizens assemblies.

Here is outlined everything that Beyond Politics people (BPers, pronounced beepers) need to know.
      Now, humankind is facing its final moment of reckoning: ecological and climate collapse. Are we going to stand by and allow the fuckers in control of this world to take us to oblivion or a hell of endless pain, for their own pleasures? or, are we going to come together and say, we are the people and we will not be denied?
      TUHO
      TUHO --- ---
      L4MA: No zas takovej posun to neni, tenhle podton tam byl od zacatku... Tedka spis jde o to, jestli se ty o ty hrany postupnej vyvoj hnuti otupi nebo je zachova, ci vyostri. Kde je Hallam to je asi jasny .]] Nicmene neco najdes tady, pro me to teda prekvapivy ani nijak odlisny od toho, kde byly na zacatku neni...

https://www.rogerhallam.com/...ommon-Sense-for-the-21st-Century_by-Roger-Hallam-Download-version.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEdXgB9urN0
      TADEAS
      TADEAS --- ---
      L4MA
      L4MA --- ---
      DZODZO: fakt nechci polemizovat, jen me zajima jestli je to nekde vic rozvedeny. cetl jsem ten puvodni pamflet, kde se to melo resit obcanskou neposlusnosti a callcentrama, tohle je celkem (ocekavatelnej:)) radikalni posun. je k tomu uz od mistra buditele vic, nez FB post?
      DZODZO
      DZODZO --- ---
      L4MA: mas tam iba working class a lowwer middle class, ten non-working lowest class si vynechal zamerne? lebo ta civilizacia je taka pyramida, navrchu sedia ti rich, na pleciach tych middle a low, ale ked zospodu pyramidy zoberies tie kamene, na ktorych to stoji, tak ten vrsek spadne, naco ti budu peniaze, ked si za ne nic nekupis, lebo to nebude mat kto vyrobit?
      GOJATLA
      GOJATLA --- ---
      Population panic lets rich people off the hook for the climate crisis they are fuelling | Population | The Guardian
      https://www.theguardian.com/...20/aug/26/panic-overpopulation-climate-crisis-consumption-environment

The formula for calculating people’s environmental footprint is simple, but widely misunderstood: Impact = Population x Affluence x Technology (I = PAT). The global rate of consumption growth, before the pandemic, was 3% a year. Population growth is 1%. Some people assume this means that the rise in population bears one-third of the responsibility for increased consumption. But population growth is overwhelmingly concentrated among the world’s poorest people, who have scarcely any A or T to multiply their P. The extra resource use and greenhouse gas emissions caused by a rising human population are a tiny fraction of the impact of consumption growth.
      L4MA
      L4MA --- ---
      TUHO: solidni. :) je prosim nekde popsany, jak to revolucni prevzeti moci proletariatem teda humiliated working class and lower middle classem bude probihat? pripadne jak bude nalozeno s tema zabama na prameni?
      TUHO
      TUHO --- ---
      Každý den můžeme sledovat, jak se mění počet nakažených novým koronavirem, jak se prohlubují ztráty společností i státu, a mluví se i o dalších dopadech pandemie. Jednou z oblastí, kde se mohou projevit velké problémy, je produkce potravin.
      A právě to je oblast, na kterou se zaměřuje profesor Michal Hejcman. Spolu se svými kolegy varuje, že po případné další vlně nákazy by mohly chybět základní potraviny jako mouka, máslo nebo maso. Apeluje na zvýšení hmotných rezerv státu.

Zdroj: https://www.idnes.cz/...lstvi-michal-hejcman-fakulta-zivotniho-prostredi-czu.A200825_132358_veda_vse
      TUHO
      TUHO --- ---
      A Nordic hedge fund worth more than $90bn (£68.6bn) has dumped its stocks in some of the world’s biggest oil companies and miners responsible for lobbying against climate action.
      Storebrand, a Norwegian asset manager, divested from miner Rio Tinto as well as US oil giants ExxonMobil and Chevron as part of a new climate policy targeting companies that use their political clout to block green policies.

Major investment firm dumps Exxon, Chevron and Rio Tinto stock | Environment | The Guardian
      https://www.theguardian.com/.../aug/24/major-investment-firm-dumps-exxon-chevron-and-rio-tinto-stock
      TUHO
      TUHO --- ---
      A throng of more than 20 protesters—including Traditional Owners of local Wangan and Jagalingou country—has blocked the main road to Australia’s Adani Carmichael coal mine in a bid to re-establish control of the land and force the mining giant to abandon the project.

The blockade is preventing workers from accessing the construction site for the thermal coal mine, which, when completed, is set to be one of the world’s largest. With the capacity to generate an annual output of 60 million tonnes of coal, it's estimated that the mine could singlehandedly put twice as much carbon into the atmosphere as Tokyo every year

https://www.vice.com/...al-mine?fbclid=IwAR3P8c8d4yaveaImbIbUpQR-VGqZh68KeRxt2T09BCLTC9h_dCMqOwq3FSE
      TUHO
      TUHO --- ---
      Roger Hallam
      TO SAVE THE WORLD ENVIRONMENTALISM HAS TO DIE
      “we didn’t bang on about climate change because it would have lost us votes” (Green Party member on Facebook)
      Conventional environmentalism is rationalist, repressed, and reformist.
      Compare the quote above with the mantra of probably the most effective direct action movement of recent decades, ACT UP:
      "We didn't give a fuck what people thought of us, and that was our strength" (Larry Kramer).
      As the originator, and strategic designer behind Extinction Rebellion, and based on five years of field research with a variety of radical campaigns -from rent strikes to casualised labour mobilisations- I can say, without any hesitation, nothing changes without disruption – the breaking of the law.
      "Upsetting" disruption and "irrational" emotion. The total opposite of the nicely-nicely approach of environmentalism.
      The very term "environmentalism" betrays its fundamental incoherence. It is based upon the ridiculous cartesian assumption there is us, and then there is the world; myself and "the environment" out there, to be exploited, raped, and patted on the head when it gets a bit tricky.
      Understanding this every present threat to humanity requires we get over this disastrous division. Is COVID an environmental issue? Are our bodies part of Nature? Are our children (who will die from starvation as climate breakdown goes non-linear) part of "us" or part of the "environment"?
      Nature is us, and we are Nature. Get with the programme before we go extinct.
      The issue is not "the environment"; it is political corruption and criminality. Why focus on the conduit of this Evil rather than the Evil itself? What we need to look at is who is doing the destroying and what is the outcome.
      The ruling class are the culprits, and the outcome is social collapse.
      We are not looking at higher temperatures, burning forests, and rising sea levels – that is physical reductionism. We are looking at twenty World War Twos by the end of the century (maybe 5 maybe 50 – take your pick on where you place the risk distribution curve).
      War is the outcome of elite pathology, and the interlocked compounding social effects that come with it – mass slaughter, mass rape, mass migration – the emptying of cities, and disintegration of state authority. Starvation drives
      genocide and genocide drives starvation. This is first and foremost an existential security risk. It is "post green". It's a million miles from allotments and green wellies.
      The only effective response at this stage is the revolutionary struggle. There are only two optional endpoints – radical state-based democracy or fascistic state-based autocracy.
      When an existential crisis hits there is an iron rule – the state takes control. The issue is who controls it – the people or the
      elites. We know this is coming with absolute certainty because we are not talking here about social processes, which are difficult to predict, but geophysical processes which are absolutely set.
      Ice melts when it turns hot. Forests burn when it turns hot. Permafrost melts when it turns hot. It has turned hot. When you drive a lorry at 100mph into a concrete wall, you cannot stop the crash when you are 5 metres away. We crossed the 5-metre point around 10 years ago. The crash has already happened.
      (Ironically it's environmentalists who cant see this non-brainer deduction from the data.)
      The essence of environmentalism is the humanist dogma that Nature is inert. We can exploit it and yet must protect it. It is the slave owner mentality. It is inconceivable that it will kill you and so you cannot conceive of it. COVID is the stab wound, but still, the denial is hanging on.
      For the next few months or years, we have left environmentalism to try to prevent revolutionary preparations by insisting on continuing the death spiral of backwards-looking pragmatism, with its grotesque formulation: don't mention climate as it puts off voters.
      No one wants to tell the truth, because no one else in the public sphere is telling the truth – the government, the environmental movement, and the public are playing a suicidal game of mutually reinforcing denial.
      No one wants to say it's now too late and that collapse is now locked in.
      The environmentalist gatekeepers cannot understand that only revolutionary political action to take control of the state will prevent the slide from inevitable collapse to possible extinction ("functional" or "absolute" –take your pick).
      Revolutionary action, to be clear, is no rehash of the elitist middle-class direct action movements of the past three decades with their "poor me" individualistic narcissism and obsession with
      catastrophically ineffectual horizontalism (a chronic phobia of structure, functional hierarchy and leadership).
      Instead, we have to look to civil resistance struggles in the global south and our radical collective mobilisation traditions before 1990. This means a fusion of the end of the month and end of the world narratives.
      It means a rediscovery of strong and disciplined vanguard
      organisations which trigger the political confrontations that will bring the 3.5% onto the street. And then, they have to have a clear democratic mandate to negotiate with the government to replace it with citizens assemblies.
      This massive turnaround in radical political culture has to happen now; otherwise, the fascism will easily overpower leaderless and dispersed social protests with violence and their billionaire funding.
      The revolutionary demographic needs to be the focus of mobilisation – the ignored and humiliated working class and lower middle class of regional towns and cities which have always provided the ground troops of social upheaval. The urban liberal middle class talks the talk but will never walk the walk because they have too much skin in the game.
      The old environmentalist alliance is dead. The new alliance will include a minority of middle-class activists who understand they have to now be in service to a new populist street talking mass
      mobilisation and the rest of the old alliance will become historically irrelevant. This will be 10 or 20% of people from the radical NGOs, Green Party and Extinction Rebellion and such like. They will combine with a working-class led anti-austerity social media networks from the North, Wales and the South West, in alliance with the embedded community activist networks from the inner cities.
      Beyond Politics/Burning Pink, which I helped to set up, is working on creating this new alliance. It is not clear whether it will succeed or not – the forces of denial are still strong. But something along these lines needs to happen, and there is no time to lose. We have a small window before fascistic forces take
      over. The decisions we make now will have massive consequences, beyond our imaginations.
      Let's not delude ourselves any longer. History had returned with a vengeance and it is time to get real.
      -Roger Hallam, written 48 hours prior to his arrest and imprisonment today, 25th of August, 2020.
      #thetimeisnow
      #BeyondPolitics
      #BurningPink
      #CitizensAssemblies
      #thetroublemakermovie
      www.burningpink.com
      TADEAS
      TADEAS --- ---
      Biom :: Jakub Houška : Agrolesnictví pomůže krajině i zemědělství : Biom.cz
      https://biom.cz/cz/odborne-clanky/agrolesnictvi-pomuze-krajine-i-zemedelstvi
      TADEAS
      TADEAS --- ---
      YMLADRIS: tak s assangem (politickej vezen) uz si to nejakou dobu procvicujou. hallam si v tom tady nize linkovanym dokumentu oddechoval, ze nejakej ten univerzitni papalas podepsal papir o divestmentu fossilu 14. den jeho hladovky a ze po 10 dnech to zacina bejt tricky, tak byl rad. jsem zvedavej, verejny drama se zas o kousek vyhrocuje, jdou do toho.
      Kliknutím sem můžete změnit nastavení reklam