registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    TUHOKlimaticka zmena / Thank you so much for ruining my day
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    SHEFIK: wait for... ELONCOIN
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    TADEAS: vypada zajimave, ale libgen mlci :))
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Microbes: The Foundation Stone of the Biosphere | Christon J. Hurst | Springer
    https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783030635114

This collection of essays discusses fascinating aspects of the concept that microbes are at the root of all ecosystems. The content is divided into seven parts, the first of those emphasizes that microbes not only were the starting point, but sustain the rest of the biosphere and shows how life evolves through a perpetual struggle for habitats and niches. Part II explains the ways in which microbial life persists in some of the most extreme environments, while Part III presents our understanding of the core aspects of microbial metabolism. Part IV examines the duality of the microbial world, acknowledging that life exists as a balance between certain processes that we perceive as being environmentally supportive and others that seem environmentally destructive. In turn, Part V discusses basic aspects of microbial symbioses, including interactions with other microorganisms, plants and animals. The concept of microbial symbiosis as a driving force in evolution is covered in Part VI. In closing, Part VII explores the adventure of microbiological research, including some reminiscences from and perspectives on the lives and careers of microbe hunters.

Google Books
    https://books.google.cz/books?hl=en&lr=&id=kUIsEAAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PA89&ots=Nw22eY9Kc2&sig=iXim2wFoA5U-UxQuVDjn2EMzGPE&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
    SHEFIK
    SHEFIK --- ---
    Fajn. Kolektivni rozum stale funguje, i kdyz nekdy se zpozdenim

Bitcoin Tanks After Elon Musk Says Tesla Stops Accepting It Due To Carbon Energy Use
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohnsman/2021/05/12/elon-musk-says-tesla-stops-accepting-bitcoin-for-car-purchases-due-to-carbon-energy-use/

Elon Musk, who has become a volatile force in the cryptocurrency universe, said Tesla is no longer accepting Bitcoin as payment for purchases of its electric vehicles owing to the excessive amount of carbon-based energy it uses.

“We are concerned about rapidly increasing use of fossil fuels for Bitcoin mining and transactions, especially coal, which has the worst emissions of any fuel,” Musk tweeted on Wednesday afternoon. “Cryptocurrency is a good idea on many levels and we believe it has a promising future, but this cannot come at great cost to the environment.”
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Leather Grown on Regenerating Soils is Hot!
    https://www.3lm.network/new-market-partner-for-leather

Land, animals and leather: Piloting new plans for British leather - Sustainable Food Trust - Sustainable Food Trust
    https://sustainablefoodtrust.org/articles/land-animals-and-leather-piloting-new-plans-for-british-leather/

We have three market partners in the Land to Market programme: The Ethical Butcher for meat, HD Wool for wool, and the latest one to join the group is Grady + Robinson for leather.

The partnership between regenerative entrepreneur Sara Grady, and fashion designer Alice Robinson, aims to create a European supply chain for EOV-verified, traceable leather made from the hides of pastured cattle and sheep.
    PAD
    PAD --- ---
    BROZKEFF: Dotace to fakt nevyresi, akorat to zdrazi kola a postve lidi proti cyklistice (doted se mnoha lidem po zmineni fotovoltaiky kvuli dotacim delaji osypky - a pritom je to pro mnohe potencialne jedna z nejrozumnejsich investic do domu, vedle zatepleni atp). Mam na kole najezdeno fakt hafo (denne do prace, do hospody, na nakup, atp) v Praze, Dublinu, Galway a ted na Vysocine a muzu rict, ze jako nejvetsi prekazku vnimam neohleduplnost (v Praze) a tu a tam nedostatek infrastruktury (stojany na kola, specialni pruhy na krizovatkach, v Amsterdamu se mi moc libily kryta parkovani pro kola, ...). Ale to nejdulezitejsi pro me je asi ta ohleduplnost, resp. jeji absence. Zejmena v Praze jsou ridici i jezdci na kolech nekdy dost agresivni, maji potrebu zavodit, nedodrzuji odstup a cyklisti mnohdy nejsou osvetleni. V Irsku se mi moc libil zvyk nosit vystrazne signalni vesty, je to videt na stovky metry daleko a podvedome takoveho cyklistu chces jako ridic objet zesiroka. Takze pred tim, nez se zacnou za dotace nakupovat predrazena elektrokola a lit beton horem spodem, by stacilo zacit poradne vymahat zakony a trochu lidi naucit se chovat rozumneji.
    XCHAOS
    XCHAOS --- ---
    BROZKEFF: no s těma dotacema se bojím, že se v tom vždycky někdo naučí chodit líp, než někdo jiný. spousta lidí spíš nemá kola kam dávat, takže by pomohly parkovací místa v obytných čtvrtíc a zvyk nechávat kola prostě venku, s tím souvisí i dobíjecí místa na elektrokola, asi.

současná infrastruktura "barvou na silnici" není moc lákavá pro běžnou jízdu na kole, ale na elektrokola je vlastně docela akorát. vlastně dnes není moc překážek, snad jen není jasné, jestli v debatách zvítězí sharing nebo vlastnění kol, mě přijde možná pravděpodobné, že to bude nějaký komunitní model něco mezi (teda opravna, která půjčí nestandardní kolo nebo normální během opravy... ale ne zcela s možností vrácení kdykoliv kamkoliv, ale třeba jen v jiné pobočce sítě...)
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Kate Wiseman
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/deepadaptation/permalink/1764822427038651

I also wonder how much of this approach is our own discomfort at provoking in others the self-same difficult emotions that arose in us when we learned how bad the situation was? The understandable, but socially unacceptable appearance of fear, rage, grief, despair. These difficult feelings are repressed by most, not readily welcomed between us. Will we, as the messenger, be shot along with our painful message? Are we afraid to risk the transgression of social norms; a suicide by social rejection? A rejection which is painfully and viscerally processed in the soft, vulnerable animal of our body as a threat to our existence.

And I wonder if we are moved by an even greater fear; the rising to the surface of the true scale of those emotions lurking in the dark of our unconscious? Is our avoidance, the avoidance of the amplification of our own emotional responses in the communal feeling-togetherness which is a hallmark of our shared humanity? Do we fear that in community, the rising flood waters of emotion will break the banks protecting our most precious fantasies of independence, individuality and immortality? Do we fear that the turbulent waters will wash away everything we longed for, hoped to be, wanted to have, exposing us in the nakedness of our inter-neediness as the wretched, dependent and mortal creatures that we fear ourselves to be?
    Of course, I am not arguing or advocating for any particular approach in communicating the climate and ecological emergency. Rather to expose ourselves more truly in the self-protectionist opinions and beliefs that we may hold and to invite ourselves to ask tough questions about what we think is right or wrong, skillful or unskillful action as we face the greatest catastrophe in the history of humanity.

Does the last grain of sand to slip through the narrow neck of the hourglass believe that it has time for time to take time?

Will we hold ourselves knowingly and lovingly in the consciousness of our own fear and denial and act from there?

Or, will the loyalty to our belief in the taking-of-time be prised from the cold, rigid, dead last pair of human hands?

No one to chisel the epitaph ‘it takes time’ ‘on the tombstone of our humanity.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    They Thought They Had the Energy | Online Only | n+1
    https://nplusonemag.com/online-only/online-only/they-thought-they-had-the-energy/

there is a lot of work currently on climate attribution, but I think it is true that we can absolutely say that we’re more likely to see events that take our systems outside of design parameters.

There are a lot of different kinds of things that can go wrong that all have their own periodicity and all have their own probabilities. You might have a one-in-100-year event of heat one year then have a one-in-100-year event of cold the next year.

With climate change, we are seeing a lot more specific types of weather. There’s some debate on whether these big cold-weather events are likely to become more frequent, more extreme, longer, et cetera. In general, the types of extreme events that we can plan to see are pretty variable and all have slightly different implications for what you would do to prepare. What’s definitely true is that we are likely to see things that are far outside of what we planned on.

But it’s not just climate and weather that make these events bad. A lot of the time, it’s really the intersection between unusual events—events that are outside design parameters—and the fact that on the infrastructure side we have a lot of issues with long-term deferred maintenance and obsolescence.

It’s this intersection between technological problems, climate problems, and governance problems—it’s not usually just one thing that fails.

So Texas was an extreme event on the winter weather front, but also, a lot of the infrastructure that we thought was going to perform under those conditions didn’t. And then in terms of notifications, there was a lot of mix-up in terms of who was supposed to be doing what. We had failures in all three of those arenas, and probably more. It’s not just that it was cold.

With the energy sector, if we want to mitigate, we actually do have to go build the whole thing back again. That’s a huge window of opportunity for really thinking about what we’re going to build. We’re not just trying to maintain and replace things that break—we’re trying to completely remake that system. There’s this massive need for investment that actually lines up with the timelines that we use for some of these climate goals.

And then to also have a new administration that’s interested in pursuing some of those goals, it really is a very unusual opportunity.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Parenting and Climate Change | Issue 36 | n+1
    https://nplusonemag.com/issue-36/politics/parenting-and-climate-change/

To be good parents, we need to actually care about the climate crisis. Adults need to step up to this challenge: adults make decisions in businesses and companies, run schools and workplaces and organizations, vote and make purchasing decisions. If we can connect the youth’s framing to the things that we actually do and the way we live our lives, I think we can use our power to really build the movement and change the trajectory of the crisis.

I think there’s a tendency, even among people of good faith, to abdicate responsibility to nature. We think about climate change as rising seas that swallow up cities, as horrible storms and fires—and all those things are symptomatic of climate change. But when people ask me, “What scares you the most about climate change?” I answer: “What climate change is going to make us do to each other.”

I don’t think a nightmare climate-changed world is a world where Earth kills us all. I think a nightmare climate-changed world is one where society breaks down, and we do awful, awful things to each other.

I watch climate change happen every day on a computer, on a fake planet that I can do experiments on. But climate change doesn’t happen on a fake planet; it happens on our planet, in the world that we’ve built. You can’t put Bashar al-Assad in a climate model. You can’t put the legacy of colonialism in a climate model. The drying trend we’ve seen in the Levant region interacts with the world we’ve actually built. Climate change is not an abstraction, and it’s not something you can remove from the complexities of human society.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    TADEAS:

Paul Maidowski @_ppmv
    https://twitter.com/_ppmv/status/1391491260402307073

The Gandalf of Climate Change just dropped a 2h video, of "advice to Young People as they face annihilation.

Why this matters: few people seem able or willing to talk frankly about our dilemma, and discuss what to do. Like Roger says: Take it or leave it. The information is all there, our situation is truly simple, in a brutal way.

Full text:

Advice to Young People, as you Face Annihilation
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xlEbMab_dRs4Wx3nESYT0bkFb2LluuBHjA9lOEyeWqY/mobilebasic

I'm very disappointed, but not surprised, by the inability of young people to effectively organise. This inability, I want to argue, is going to take you to your deaths. Nothing then can be more serious than this. I therefore intend to be blunt and honest with you. I don't think this is the time for pretence or false praise, time is short. Indeed, the point of no return may well have already been passed. My proposal to you is that all that has been done over the last 30 years has been a failure. Carbon emissions have continued to rise, and the world's youth, what you're doing to try and stop this catastrophe is bound to end in failure, because you are copying the same failed methods.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    ... not happening [ TADEAS ]

#showyourbudgets
    https://www.showyourbudgets.org/?country=czechia

BROZKEFF
    BROZKEFF --- ---
    XCHAOS: nesouhlasím. Nalozeny kolo na cyklo vandr je tezsi nez ebike. Hlavni hmotnost ale dela jezdec. Mam li 100 kg je to vic nez kdyz mam ted ebike a 68kg. Ono novy kolo a prestavba byla cca za 30k,ja to koupil uz pouzity. Jen nova baterka bude za12 tisic.

Rafkovy brzdy staci a i to co mam de da ovladat bezpecne jen nesmi byt clovek debil.
    Co je desivy jsou spis elektrokolobezky, spolehani se za jejich brzdy kdyz jedou na kolobezce 2 lidi skopce 40km/h bez prilby a na tech mrnavych kolech.Idealne jeste po chodníku.

Levne ale funkcni ebiky a dotace na to jsou imho cesty jak prevest cast autistu na cyklisty... Samotna soutěž Do prácen na kole to nezvládne. Samozřejmě hlavní je bezpečnáiinfrastruktura , což dopravní indukce pak zajistí aby to preferovalo vic lidi... Ale jak z Česka udělat Kodaň je otázkou
    XCHAOS
    XCHAOS --- ---
    BROZKEFF: no jo, s ultralevnýma přestavbama jsem taky začínal, ale ty právě dost poškozujou dobrý jméno elektrokol :-) teda když už ultralevná přestavba, tak jdou komponenty pořídit skoro do 10 000 Kč, nejdražší je dobrá baterka. ale otázka je, jestli to má smysl takhle, já taky začínal s ráfkovýma brzdama, ale ono třeba už i vzhledem k prosté hmotnosti se každé elektrokolo dokáže z kopce dost rozjet, a spíš by to zasloužilo k tomu přistupovat jako k mopedu. tedy, těch 80 000 je většinou nesmysl, ale rozumný kompromis by měl být kolem 30 000 a aspoň s kotoučovými brzdami a hodně pomůže i když jsou hydraulické (skutečně eko je až rekuperační brždění, které i šetří brzdy, ale to je věda, se kterou pořád zápasím :-)
    BROZKEFF
    BROZKEFF --- ---
    XCHAOS: mam ultra levnou prestavbu městskýho kola za ebike (rafkovy brzdy, motor v prednim kole, dalsi kompromisy), rocni najezd cca 5000 km, většina do prace z prace a na nakupy apod po meste, proste optimalni dopravni prostredek z bodu a do bodu b. Nesmi to ale byt drahe kolo za 80 tisic co si clovek netroufne nechat pred supermarketem dkdyz jde nakoupit. Ja to vzal z druhy ruky komplet za 16 tisíc. Melo 1800km najetych a ja za necely 2 roky přidal skoro 10k...
    XCHAOS
    XCHAOS --- ---
    DZODZO: hele, elektrokolo je ve městě podceňovaný. včera jsem to zkusmo vzal po silnici z Černošic na Radotím, místo po cyklostezce (na elektrokole si na ní připadám nepatřičně) a předjel jsem na kole kolonu asi tisícovky aut šinoucích se naprosto krokem....

pro předměstskou dopravu mimo víkendovou špičku je elektrokolo samozřejmě pořád pomalejší než auto, srovnatelný spíš s vlakem. ale po městě je bezkonkurenční, protože průměrná rychlost tramvaje i bez čekání na zastávce je asi 20 km/h...
    XCHAOS
    XCHAOS --- ---
    JIMIQ: Zaujalo: Naprostá většina Čechů bere změnu klimatu vážně, 63 % navrhuje začít s jejím řešením hned.

To je při mediální masáži posledních 20 let pozoruhodný výsledek...
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    JIMIQ: tohle pocitani uhlikovy stopy by chtelo doplnit o to, ze je to koncept fosilni propagandy...

A few years after BP began promoting the “carbon footprint,” MIT researchers calculated the carbon emissions for “a homeless person who ate in soup kitchens and slept in homeless shelters" in the U.S. That destitute individual will still indirectly emit some 8.5 tons of carbon dioxide each year.

“Even a homeless person living in a fossil fuel powered society has an unsustainably high carbon footprint,” said Stanford’s Franta. “As long as fossil fuels are the basis for the energy system, you could never have a sustainable carbon footprint. You simply can’t do it.”

BP created 'carbon footprint' as a devious, manipulative PR tactic
    https://mashable.com/feature/carbon-footprint-pr-campaign-sham
    Kliknutím sem můžete změnit nastavení reklam