• témata
  • události
  • tržiště
  • diskuze
  • nástěnka
  • přihlásit
    registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    TUHOKlimaticka zmena / If the fracturing of our once stable climate doesn’t terrify you, then you don’t fully understand it
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    TADEAS:

komentar od chrise hedgese

The corporate state came for human rights lawyer Steven Donziger — and we're next | Salon.com
    https://www.salon.com/2021/10/13/the-corporate-state-came-for-human-rights-lawyer-steven-donziger--and-followed-orders/

Judge Loretta Preska, an adviser to the conservative Federalist Society, to which Chevron is a major donor, sentenced human rights attorney and Chevron nemesis Steven Donziger to six months in prison ... she said at the sentencing, "It seems that only the proverbial two-by-four between the eyes will instill in him any respect for the law" — capped a judicial farce worthy of the antics of Vasiliy Vasilievich, the presiding judge at the major show trials of the Great Purges in the Soviet Union, or the Nazi judge Roland Freisler, who once shouted at a defendant,"You really are a lousy piece of trash!"

"No lawyer in New York for my level of offense ever has served more than 90 days, and that was in home confinement," Donziger told the court. "I have now been in home confinement eight times that period of time. I have been disbarred without a hearing where I have been unable to present factual evidence; thus, I am unable to earn an income in my profession. I have no passport. I can't travel; can't do human rights work the normal way which I believe I am reasonably good at; can't see my clients in Ecuador; can't visit the affected communities to hear the latest news of cancer deaths or struggles to maintain life in face of constant exposure to oil pollution. In addition, and this is little known, Judge [Lewis A.] Kaplan has imposed millions and millions of dollars of fines and courts costs on me. [Kaplan is the judge for Chevron's lawsuit against Donziger; Preska is his handpicked judge for the contempt charges.] He has ordered me to pay millions to Chevron to cover their legal fees in attacking me, and then he let Chevron go into my bank accounts and take all my life's savings because I did not have the funds to cover these costs. Chevron still has a pending motion to order me to pay them an additional $32 [million] in legal fees. That's where things stand today
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    znamej pise

Dusty Hinz
    https://www.facebook.com/72701048/posts/10100421344125518/

I think one of the fundamental questions of our time is, are we down to walk away from the comforts and ease that modern, technological, fossil fuels-based, industrial civilization provides us? Yet it is excruciatingly rare that I ever hear the question asked.

If we are not, if we are going to ride this thing out to the scorched-earth bitter end, which is what it seems, then most other things are just bull shit posturing and fantastical techno-saviorist illusions.

There is a zero sum game between all human activity and the rest of all nature. There is no techno-futurist utopia. Solar panels and wind turbines are not going to save us. In fact, as Jeff Gibbs says, we would do well to stop calling these forms of energy "renewable" or "sustainable", and should instead call them "technological energy".

Not once, never have I ever heard on NPR when they are discussing climate change, a reference to the need for what I will call an ecological, bioregional embeddedness. Nothing even remotely close to this concept.

I also think that just using the term "climate change" as a catch-all for all environmental issues is reductive and does a disservice to the multitude of crises that we face. As if, hey, let's just suck some carbon out of the atmosphere and we can go back to business as usual....this line of thinking is a fatal mistake.

Mostly, a far-ranging, full-on assault is being waged against all of nature. So I prefer to use the term "eco-catastrophe" or "the converging eco-catastrophes".

I don't think people really grasp the extent to which pretty much all aspects of modern life are bound up with the abundant use of fossil fuels, and thus, the monumental amount of sacrifice and hard-work it would take create an *actually* sustainable world that did not use them.

It would take an upending. The vast majority of people would have to do something completely different on a day-to-day basis. Literally, the physical, material aspect of it all. They may not even be able to live where they currently live (cue the person that says "oh, you are talking about forced relocations"...no, what I am saying is that if something is not sustainable, then it's not sustainable, and there is no getting around that fact.)

So, what I am saying, is that without a collective social vision, in which most of the population coalesces around a place-based, ecological, bioregional embeddedness, which would think deeply about the systems that we need and from my view would be agrarian and horticultural with a healthy dose of rewilding, and would prioritize agroforestry efforts...without this, the future seems to be one destined for a tragic, bleak, scorched-earth.
    RADIQAL
    RADIQAL --- ---
    TADEAS: Mmh, hruškovec přelahodný. Pojď mi!
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    SEJDA: past kravy (a pestovat lisky a avokada) s vyhledem na more je muj sen ,) 500 ppm within reach ,)
    SEJDA
    SEJDA --- ---
    TUHO: to mi pripomnelo, jak jeden bio-zemedelec v show Adely Vicenze na otazku "Neskodi bio-kravy klimatu?" odpovedel "v tretihorach byla Zeme plna velkych savcu a uroven sklenikovych plynu byla vyssi" ~ 500 ppm a pul Evropy bylo mod morem.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    rule them all

TADEAS, TADEAS:

Lawyer Who Won $9.5 Billion Settlement Against Chevron Reports to Prison - The New York Times
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/27/business/energy-environment/steven-donziger-chevron.html

vs TADEAS "The heads of Exxon Mobil, Shell, Chevron and BP will testify Thursday in the first congressional inquiry into industry efforts to hinder action on climate change"
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    SEJDA
    SEJDA --- ---
    YMLADRIS: DZODZO: Rakousko zavedlo rocni jizdenku za +/- 1000 €, ktera vyjde na 3 € za den. Tedy jde o spojeni integrovanych mestkych systemu a dalkovych dopravcu.
    Pro predsatvu Rocni jizdenka u CD stoji 19 999 Kc ~ 800 €, Prazska MHD stoji 3650 Kc ~ 146 €, Brno stoji o trosku vic atd.
    V podstate jde o zjednoduseni administrativy pro koncoveho spotrebitele.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Oil Executives to Face Congress on Climate Disinformation - The New York Times
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/27/climate/oil-congress-climate-disinformation.html

The heads of Exxon Mobil, Shell, Chevron and BP will testify Thursday in the first congressional inquiry into industry efforts to hinder action on climate change.

The hearings mark the first time oil executives will be pressed to answer questions, under oath, about whether their companies misled the public about the reality of climate change by obscuring the scientific consensus: that the burning of fossil fuels is raising Earth’s temperature and sea levels with devastating consequences worldwide, including intensifying storms, worsening drought and deadlier wildfires.

House Democrats compare the inquiry with the historic tobacco hearings of the 1990s, which brought into sharp relief how tobacco companies had lied about the health dangers of smoking, paving the way for tough nicotine regulations.
    PER2
    PER2 --- ---
    fuck you!
    Honest Government Ad | COP26 Climate Summit
    https://youtu.be/QIyKmqEdgR4
    YMLADRIS
    YMLADRIS --- ---
    SHEFIK: myslela jsem to tak proč nový elektrický auto nemůže být levnější než nový benzínový auto. Takže by lidi přestali řešit zákaz spalovacích motorů
    YMLADRIS
    YMLADRIS --- ---
    SHEFIK: neumím zjistit jak se toto týká ČR ale přišlo by mi zvláštní kdyby ne

YMLADRIS:
    SHEFIK
    SHEFIK --- ---
    YMLADRIS: dotace na elektroauta jsou. Jenze dotujes velkym balikem malej pocet jednotek u stredni a vyssi tridy.

Dotaci na benzin si moc vedomej v cr nejsem, stat si bere temer polovinu z ceny PHM, coz mi jako dotace moc neprijde :)

Nimene si dovedu si predstavit, ze "dotaci" PHM snizujes ekonomickou zatez obyvatelstva rovnomerne (phm se promita do vsech vyrobku a castecne i sluzeb), tedy vcetne tech nizkoprijmovejch. Nerozeviras tolik nuzky...

https://www.cappo.cz/cisla-a-fakta/zdaneni-phm-v-cesku-a-dalsich-zemich-eu#:~:text=Je%20obecn%C4%9B%20zdan%C4%9Bna%20sazbou%2028,zdan%C4%9Bny%20DPH%20ve%20v%C3%BD%C5%A1i%2021%20%25.
    YMLADRIS
    YMLADRIS --- ---
    DZODZO: světová média to komentují jako přelomovou klimatickou věc opozice si myslí že to žádný dobrý efekt mít nebude no tak se uvidí. Stojí to nějaký miliardy
    DZODZO
    DZODZO --- ---
    kolko je euro? 25? 26? keby viem ze za 80 korun na den mozem cestovat kamkolvek a cimkolvek po celej republike tak to beriem (vlaky/autobusy)
    YMLADRIS
    YMLADRIS --- ---
    GLOBETROTTER
    GLOBETROTTER --- ---
    KEB: Auto má nějakou životnost. A jak píše kolega JANDOUR, předčasné šrotování není moc ekologické. Btw.v USA (kde je kupní síla někde jinde než v ČR a současně je tam poměr ceny práce (servis) / zboží také jinde než v ČR), bylo loni průměrné stáří osobáku 12,5 roku. Předpokládám, že letos to bude horší, takže dejme tomu 13 let. To jsme na tom v Česku ještě dobře.
    YMLADRIS
    YMLADRIS --- ---
    Makroekonomie je záhada. Proč nemůžou být místo dotaci na benzín dotace na elektroauta a elektřinu.

Rakousko teď zavedlo jízdenky na vlak "kamkoliv" za 3 $ (bylo ve feedu, neklikla jsem)

Spotřebitel není až takovej problém, udělá co bude levný

Změnit ty agroindustrialni výrobní kolosy asi nikdo neví jak
    KEB
    KEB --- ---
    GLOBETROTTER: no hlavně, že ted si všichni kupují nová auta. A ten 14 let průměrně starý vozový park máme tady v čr proto, protože máme rádi veterány. Přečti si tohle, jo a ty JANDOUR: taky:

EU chce zakázat prodej spalovacích aut. Proč vám to může být buřt | Finmag.cz
    https://finmag.penize.cz/veda-a-technika/425328-eu-chce-zakazat-prodej-spalovacich-aut-proc-vam-to-muze-byt-burt

pokud k tomu máte nějaké dotazy řačte se přesunout sem:

[Elektromobily]

a můžete se autora doptat...
    DZODZO
    DZODZO --- ---
    GLOBETROTTER:
    JANDOUR: je niekde nejaky zdroj kde sa hovori o zakaze provozu tychto vozidiel? alebo je to zakaz predaja novych fosilnych vozidiel po urcitom roku? lebo neviem odkial sa berie ten narativ, ze tu niekto niekoho tlaci do nakupu elektromobilu, ja ten tlak nepocitujem, stale jazdim v starom fosile a do nejakeho roku 2035 si stale aj fosil budem moct kupit, ale uz teraz viem ze okolo roku 2025 to bude ekonomicky nezmysel a moje dalsie auto bude elektricke uz nie len z ekologickych ale aj racionalnych dovodov
    Kliknutím sem můžete změnit nastavení reklam