• události
  • tržiště
  • diskuze
  • nástěnka
  • přihlásit
    registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    TUHOKlimaticka zmena / Thank you so much for ruining my day

"Given the sheer enormity of climate change, it’s okay to be depressed, to grieve. But please, don’t stay there too long. Join me in pure, unadulterated, righteous anger."

"I don’t want your hope. I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. And then I want you to act. Once you start to act, the hope is everywhere."

"Our best scientists tell us insistently that a calamity is unfolding, that the life-support systems of the Earth are being damaged in ways that threaten our survival. Yet in the face of these facts we carry on as usual."

“We’ve got to stop burning fossil fuels. So many aspects of life depend on fossil fuels, except for music and love and education and happiness. These things, which hardly use fossil fuels, are what we must focus on.”

A nejde o to, že na to nemáme dostatečné technologie, ty by na řešení použít šly, ale chybí nám vůle a představivost je využít. Zůstáváme při zemi, přemýšlíme až moc rezervovaně. Technologický pokrok to sám o sobě nevyřeší. Problém jsme my, ne technologické nástroje.

Rostouci hladiny oceanu, zmena atmosferickeho proudeni, zmeny v distribuci srazek a sucha. Zmeny karbonoveho, fosforoveho a dusikoveho cyklu, okyselovani oceanu. Jake jsou bezpecnostni rizika a jake potencialni klady dramatickych zmen fungovani zemskeho systemu?
    Ale take jak funguji masove dezinformacni kampane ropneho prumyslu a boj o verejne mineni na prahu noveho klimatickeho rezimu post-holocenu.
    rozbalit záhlaví
    SHEFIK
    SHEFIK --- ---
    OMNIHASH: ono spis pujde o udrzitelnou a rozumnou cenu, nez o napad vyuzit hmyz
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    SHEFIK: tilapie typicky jsou chovany v tech akvaponickejch systemech, je to neutralni maso vhodny pro ruzny upravy a dochuceni. ale co jsem koukal zkousej nahrasit tema larvama krmivo i pro ruzny jiny druhy ryb
    SHEFIK
    SHEFIK --- ---
    TADEAS: tak doufam, ze to bude aplikovatelny i na jinou rybu nez je tilapie :))

Hmyz bude nakonec zachrance lidstva
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    SHEFIK:

Replacement of Fish Meal by Black Soldier Fly (Hermetia illucens) Larvae Meal
    https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/34e4/2d2415b1945b5bae8e76b351a41cc6374e7d.pdf
    MARSHUS
    MARSHUS --- ---
    Scott Duncan
    @ScottDuncanWX
    Certainly one way to start 2022...

Summer & winter separated only by a few States.

In degrees Celsius Thermometer:
    Montana: -39.4 °C
    Texas: +37.2 °C
    Thus a difference of 76.6 °C
    XCHAOS
    XCHAOS --- ---
    SHEFIK: to je fascinující... ale fakt ty houby konvertují uhlík na něco jiného, než CO2?
    PER2
    PER2 --- ---
    DZODZO: earth is definitely not dying though ;)
    DZODZO
    DZODZO --- ---
    toto dali do vysmateho ustavu, ale je to taky usmev cez slzy :)

TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    The movie Don’t Look Up is satire. But speaking as a climate scientist doing everything I can to wake people up and avoid planetary destruction, it’s also the most accurate film about society’s terrifying non-response to climate breakdown I’ve seen.
    The film, from director Adam McKay and writer David Sirota, tells the story of astronomy grad student Kate Dibiasky (Jennifer Lawrence) and her PhD adviser, Dr Randall Mindy (Leonardo DiCaprio), who discover a comet – a “planet killer” – that will impact the Earth in just over six months. The certainty of impact is 99.7%, as certain as just about anything in science.
    The scientists are essentially alone with this knowledge, ignored and gaslighted by society. The panic and desperation they feel mirror the panic and desperation that many climate scientists feel. In one scene, Mindy hyperventilates in a bathroom; in another, Dibiasky, on national TV, screams “Are we not being clear? We’re all 100% for sure gonna fucking die!” I can relate. This is what it feels like to be a climate scientist today.

I’m a climate scientist. Don’t Look Up captures the madness I see every day | Peter Kalmus | The Guardian
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/29/climate-scientist-dont-look-up-madness
    SHEFIK
    SHEFIK --- ---
    #funghi #carbonCycle

Fungi Are Capturing More Carbon Than We Thought | Discover Magazine
    https://www.discovermagazine.com/environment/fungi-are-capturing-more-carbon-than-we-thought

Scientists had long thought it simply evaporated into the atmosphere. But that didn’t sit right with Davinia Salvachúa Rodríguez, a microbiologist at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory in Golden, Colorado. After 10 years of studying white-rot fungi, she demonstrated that it eats the carbon in lignin to fuel its growth, according to a March study in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS). Rodríguez’s discovery flags white-rot fungi as a key player in sequestering lignin-derived carbon in soil.

Similarly, Stanford University microbiologist Anne Dekas published a study in June in PNAS showing that parasitic fungi that live on tiny algae in oceans and lakes remove some of the carbon inside the algae, which might otherwise reenter the atmosphere.

Conventional wisdom had maintained that all of the carbon inside the algae remained in a microbial feedback loop near the water’s surface, where microbes consumed the green plants and then released the C02. But Dekas and colleagues showed instead that the fungi siphon off up to 20 percent of the algae’s carbon. Then — because the fungi outsize the microbes in the feedback loop — the fungi become a more likely meal for larger species, which remove them from the loop. As the carbon makes its way up the food chain, it may eventually sink to the ocean floor, which also sequesters carbon, when the top species dies.
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    PER2: cool

A final decision has yet to be taken about where to store tens of thousands of tonnes of nuclear waste produced in German power plants. Experts say some material will remain dangerously radioactive for 35,000 generations.
    PER2
    PER2 --- ---
    TADEAS: meanwhile in germany
    Germany shuts down half of its remaining nuclear plants | Nuclear Energy News | Al Jazeera
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/12/31/germany-shuts-down-half-of-its-remaining-nuclear-plants
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Jádro i plyn jako zelené investice. Čeští politici oceňují návrh Evropské komise - Aktuálně.cz
    https://zpravy.aktualne.cz/domaci/politici-ocenuji-navrh-evropske-komise-zaradit-jadro-a-plyn/r~c52f063e6b1811ec8fa20cc47ab5f122/?
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    A Synthesis of Ranch-Level Sustainability Indicators for Land Managers and to Communicate Across the US Beef Supply Chain - ScienceDirect
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1550742421001020

Our objective was to synthesize existing guidance on monitoring and assessing ranch-scale sustainability in the United States and to identify core ecological, social, and economic indicators that could identify well-managed ranching, support adaptive management, and demonstrate producers’ sustainability and continuous improvement to retailers and consumers. We evaluated 21 range and pastureland assessments from nongovernmental organizations, agencies, and academics that totaled 180 indicators. From this, we selected 20 commonly used “core” indicators (12 ecological and 8 socioeconomic). We identified indicators that are designed to detect change over time for management practices, common among many approaches, and/or critical indicators for outcomes of common interest to producers, companies, and consumers. The synthesis of indicators across many guidance documents offers insight into what a diverse set of range professionals and institutions see as critical to demonstrate and track ranch-level sustainability, and producers, consumers, and companies may find a subset of these indicators to be relevant for their operation and region, values, and/or company sustainability goals.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    New Grazing Methods May Preserve Grasslands, Keep Carbon in Soil - The New York Times
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/10/31/climate/cows-grassland-carbon.amp.html
    INK_FLO
    INK_FLO --- ---
    23% of people would prefer if the comet didn't hit at all, which is way up since the last week.
    KEB
    KEB --- ---
    SHEFIK: Mam pocit, že se dají koupit i dluhopisy
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    SHEFIK: velky energeticko materialovy a financni vstupy, jako hlavni materialovej vstup do toho biologickyho systemu se pouziva krmivo pro ryby, coz jsou typicky peletky z hlubokomorskyho vylovu. tohle je pro me osobne velkej road block pokud bych mel sam do stavby a provozu takovyho systemu investovat, spolu s plynem, kterej se obvykle pouziva pri vyhrivani skleniku k preklenuti zimniho obdobi.
    SHEFIK
    SHEFIK --- ---
    #sustainability #futureFarming

Ročně má farma o velikosti jednoho hektaru produkovat 1220 tun potravin

V Letonicích vznikne další aquaponická farma na zeleninu a chov ryb - Ekolist.cz
    https://ekolist.cz/cz/zpravodajstvi/zpravy/v-letonicich-vznikne-dalsi-aquaponicka-farma-na-zeleninu-a-chov-ryb
    Kliknutím sem můžete změnit nastavení reklam