• témata
  • události
  • tržiště
  • diskuze
  • nástěnka
  • přihlásit
    registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    TUHOKlimaticka zmena / If the fracturing of our once stable climate doesn’t terrify you, then you don’t fully understand it

"Given the sheer enormity of climate change, it’s okay to be depressed, to grieve. But please, don’t stay there too long. Join me in pure, unadulterated, righteous anger."

"I don’t want your hope. I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. And then I want you to act. Once you start to act, the hope is everywhere."

"Our best scientists tell us insistently that a calamity is unfolding, that the life-support systems of the Earth are being damaged in ways that threaten our survival. Yet in the face of these facts we carry on as usual."

“We’ve got to stop burning fossil fuels. So many aspects of life depend on fossil fuels, except for music and love and education and happiness. These things, which hardly use fossil fuels, are what we must focus on.”

A nejde o to, že na to nemáme dostatečné technologie, ty by na řešení použít šly, ale chybí nám vůle a představivost je využít. Zůstáváme při zemi, přemýšlíme až moc rezervovaně. Technologický pokrok to sám o sobě nevyřeší. Problém jsme my, ne technologické nástroje.

Rostouci hladiny oceanu, zmena atmosferickeho proudeni, zmeny v distribuci srazek a sucha. Zmeny karbonoveho, fosforoveho a dusikoveho cyklu, okyselovani oceanu. Jake jsou bezpecnostni rizika a jake potencialni klady dramatickych zmen fungovani zemskeho systemu?
    Ale take jak funguji masove dezinformacni kampane ropneho prumyslu a boj o verejne mineni na prahu noveho klimatickeho rezimu post-holocenu.
    rozbalit záhlaví
    PER2
    PER2 --- ---
    TADEAS: na novinkach si preji, aby jeste pritvrdili , wink wink

TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Aktivisté vypustili pneumatiky majitelům SUV. Jděte pěšky, vzkázali - Seznam Zprávy
    https://www.seznamzpravy.cz/clanek/domaci-zivot-v-cesku-aktiviste-vypustili-pneumatiky-majitelum-suv-jdete-pesky-vzkazali-213494
    SHEFIK
    SHEFIK --- ---
    #nightHobby #publicLawEnforcement

Příznivci parkouru v Paříži vypínají noční osvětlení výloh a světelné reklamy - Ekolist.cz
    https://ekolist.cz/cz/zpravodajstvi/zpravy/priznivci-parkouru-v-parizi-vypinaji-nocni-osvetleni-vyloh-a-svetelne-reklamy
    XCHAOS
    XCHAOS --- ---
    The cleanest dirt bike ever? Cake vows to produce 'truly fossil-free' bike by 2025 | Move Electric
    https://www.moveelectric.com/e-motorbikes/cleanest-dirt-bike-ever-cake-vows-produce-truly-fossil-free-bike-2025
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    TADEAS: az na to, ze "maso" (zvireci biomasa) nic co ji je v te pop verzi pricitano nezpusobuje, to co pusobi je lidsky ekosystemovy management a lidsky development civilizacnich infrastruktur...
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Sousedé budou sdílet energii ze solárů, popsal vizi Síkela. Kampaň STAN začala - Seznam Zprávy
    https://www.seznamzpravy.cz/clanek/volby-komunalni-sousede-budou-sdilet-energii-ze-solaru-popsal-vizi-sikela-kampan-stan-zacala-213355
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Dutch City Is World's First to Ban Meat Advertising - EcoWatch
    https://www.ecowatch.com/meat-advertising-ban-netherlands.html

Billions of dollars are spent each year on food and beverage advertising in order to sway people’s food choices. In an effort to reduce the consumption of meat and the greenhouse gas emissions it produces, the Dutch city of Haarlem will become the world’s first to ban advertisements for meat in public spaces.
    SHEFIK
    SHEFIK --- ---
    Switching The World To Renewable Energy Will Cost $62 Trillion, But The Payback Would Take Just 6 Years - CleanTechnica
    https://cleantechnica.com/2022/09/06/switching-the-world-to-renewable-energy-will-cost-62-trillion-but-the-payback-would-take-just-6-years/

The researchers looked at onshore and offshore wind energy, solar power, solar heat, geothermal electricity and heat, hydroelectricity, and small amounts of tidal and wave electricity. Batteries were the most common electricity storage solution, with the team finding that no batteries with more than four hours of storage were necessary.

The researchers say switching to renewable energy would avoid utility grid blackouts and save consumers trillions of dollars. One of the main reasons for that finding is that the combustion-based energy systems most countries rely require a lot of energy just to function. In switching to a clean, renewable energy system, Jacobson states that worldwide energy usage would go down by 56% immediately.

Those savings are attributable to the efficiency of clean energy over combustion systems, as well as the efficiency of electrified industry. There would no longer be a need to explore for oil, coal, and gas, drill wells or dig new mines, transport oil to refineries, build and maintain pipelines, or truck petroleum products to end users, according to My Modern Met.

The cost of making the changeover to 100% renewable energy would be a staggering $62 trillion. Wow! That is a ton of money, people. But here’s the thing. Jacobson and his team say the savings from switching the world to 100% renewable energy would be $11 trillion a year. In other words, the initial investment would be paid back in just 6 years! Many people have a hard time distinguishing between an investment and an expense. They tend to see that $62 trillion as an expense and ignore the payback.

There’s one other aspect of renewable energy that you can’t put a price on but it’s extremely valuable nonetheless — energy security. Nations that generate their own electricity don’t need to be at the mercy of lunatics and despots who can decide at any time to cut off the supply of oil, or unnatural gas, or coal. How much is that worth? It may be hard to answer that question, but it is clearly not nothing. The people of Europe are facing a long cold winter because the supply of cheap methane from Russia has ended abruptly.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    odjinud

Wild food foraging accounts for nearly 250,000 cubic meters of produce consumed annually in Zambia
    https://phys.org/news/2022-08-wild-food-foraging-accounts-cubic.html
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    TUHO: v problematice se neorientuju, ale na svuj pozemek bychnsi agrivoltaiku umistoval prave do tech trvalejch kultur, kde nejak i v dnesni dobe pravdepodobne nejvic resis logiku usporadani, napr. v liniich, podel vrstevnic, nejvic se o to staras, pripadne je to v kombinaci s intenzivnejsim pestovanim nejake zeleniny, pasenim zvirat.

asi je otazka, jestli ma byt mozne kdekoliv na orne pude udelat fve, nepochybuju o tom, ze budou vznikat dobre silenosti... oni by to chtelo cele mit koncepcne v ramci nejakeho sirsiho krajinneho planu, jenze ten nemize existovar, protoze se na tom nedohodneme, vlastnicke vztahy nerespektuji vztahy v krajine a regulatori nerespektuji potrebu umistovat volneji stavby typu fve nebo vte... takze misto tohody a dobreho spolecneho planu z hlediska usporadani v krajine se to zmasti prosazovanim tech ci onech zajmu
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    YMLADRIS: Lab-grown meat, dense cities, and nuclear energy need a rebrand
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    Věnek Bonuš
    Stát chce v době bezprecedentní energetické krize a nejdražších cen elektřiny v EU zabít nadějný nový zdroj - agrivoltaiku.

Ta na jedné ploše kombinuje zemědělství a fotovoltaické panely. Některé plodiny ocení méně přímého slunce, takže jde o moderní win - win řešení. /1
    Včera jsem se účastnil konference k vypořádání připomínek k novele zákona o ochraně zemědělského půdního fondu.

Proti funkční agrivoltaice se postavily ministerstva životního prostředí, zemědělství, průmyslu a místního rozvoje. Nechtějí ve skutečnosti rozvoj, ale "testování". /2
    Za funkční agrivoltaiku se postavila překvapivá koalice Zeleného kruhu, Svazu průmyslu a dopravy, Hospodářské komory a Ministerstva práce a sociálních věcí (děkuji @MJureka). /3
    V čem konkrétně je problém? Dohoda 4 ministerstev počítá s tím, že agrivoltaika bude možná jen pro tzv. trvalé kultury - vinice, chmelnice a ovocné sady. To je nelogické, protože většina plodin z těchto kultur potřebuje všechno světlo, co v Česku dostane. /4
    Ptal jsem se na argumenty pro omezení na trvalé kultury a byly slabé - prý aby se nerozoraly kabely, že trvalé kultury jsou "vhodnější" a že se tak prostě dohodli. No dotaz proč nenechají starost o kabely na zemědělcích jsem odpověď nedostal.
    Zavedení agrivoltaiky by navíc vyžadovalo změnu územního plánu - tato náročná administrativní překážka má potenciál rozvoj zabít či přinejmenším hodně zdržet a omezit. /5
    Doufám, že relevantní aktéři ještě zabojují a funkční řešení prosadí - stále je čas. Ministři by měli prosadit rozvoj levného zdroje energie nezávislého na Rusku.
    Jaký je např. názor @PiratIvanBartos na podmínku změny územního plánu, kterou chce zachovat MMR? /konec
    SHEFIK
    SHEFIK --- ---
    PETER_PAN: je to trochu ot tady, ale veris, ze vodik je ta spravna cesta pro leteckou dopravu?

U baterii se dalsi progress ocekavat s jistotu da (nejiste je jen kdy), ale u vodiku je ta hmotnost zasadni problem - tlakovy nadrze a jejich zabezpeceni... i kdyz u tryskacu to asi muze bejt mensi problem, nez u standardnich linkovejch jumbo jetu...

Aktualne jsem mel spis na mysli ty reverzni carbon neutral paliva (synthetic fuels), ktery uz sou v zapadnim svete relativne dostupny, jen proste drazsi

(Vodikovy palivovy clanky nacteny nemam)
    PETER_PAN
    PETER_PAN --- ---
    Jo u malejch letadel to dava velky smysl uz ted. Znamej co resil rizeni vysokootackovych motoru pro drony atd. rikal ze treba sportovni ultralight uz je elektrickej lepsi nez benzinovej v mnoha aspektech. Mimojine i protoze 80kW elektro-motor do toho ultralightu je velky jako 2,5l pet lahev a odneses ho v igelitce metrem :-) A nemusi se servisovat a ma ucinnost 97%+.
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    resp zas tak hrozne vyznamnej neni, ma 40 letadel, ale pry je to nejvetsi hydroplanova spolecnost na svete .))
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    PETER_PAN: Btw Harbour Air - celkem vyznamej poskytovatel charterovejch letu v Kanade pry jde all electric prave ted.

Seaplane airline Harbour Air continues to make progress toward making its entire fleet of planes electric by successfully completing its first point-to point test flight in Canada. The eBeaver electric plane flew 45 miles with plenty of reserve power left when it landed.
    Harbour Air began operations in 1982 with two small seaplanes as a service for the forestry industry in British Columbia, Canada, and is now North America’s largest seaplane airline. With over 40 aircraft in its current fleet, the company completes up to 300 scheduled flights per day, including scenic tours and private charters on the West Coasts of Canada and the US.

Harbour Air completes point-to-point test flight in all-electric plane
    https://electrek.co/2022/08/25/harbour-air-first-point-to-point-test-flight-electric-plane/
    PETER_PAN
    PETER_PAN --- ---
    SHEFIK: Souhlasim. Hlavne penize bohatych vylakat na zaplaceni vyvoje next generation jetu, ktere budou na vodik. Prvni jet-vodikovy letadla budou soukromy jety a az postupne ta technologie probubla do velkych letadel (bude velkotonazni infrastruktura, poptavka, uspory z rozsahu, ...).

Tam je dulezite kdyz se clovek podiva ne na vodikove jety, ale na potencial vrtulovych (pomalejsich) elektrickych letadel (dava smysl od 400 Wh/kg energeticke hustoty baterie, zatim jsme u nejlepsich pod 350 Wh/kg, predposledni generace Tesly mela 265 Wh/kg - jen BTW) tak to cestovani vychazi s nizsima ekologickejma externalitama nez vlakova doprava. Ale dostat se tam pujde pres kombinaci zprisnovani prumyslovych norem + early adopters u malych letadel.
    A tenhle princip nejak utilizovat i do vodikovych jetu a obecne technologii ktere se ted nevyplati, protoze palit fosil je levnejsi, ale drive ci pozdeji budou levnejsi/dostupne nez cokoliv srovnatelneho predtim.
    JIMIQ
    JIMIQ --- ---
    Feeding Seaweed to Cows Can Reduce Their Methane Emissions | Time
    https://time.com/6119791/seaweed-cows-methane-emissions/

listopad 2021, nevím jestli zde proběhlo

In 2020 Australian researchers found that replacing 3% of a cow’s diet with a type of seaweed native to Australia resulted in up to an 80% decrease in methane emissions.
    YMLADRIS
    YMLADRIS --- ---
    YMLADRIS: Ekoložka

Watching me make a meal looks like an environmental travesty. I almost exclusively use the microwave. I don’t take time to savour the process: a meal that takes longer than ten minutes is one that’s not worth having. It nearly always comes from a packet. My avocados are shipped over from Mexico, and bananas transported from Angola. It’s rare that my food is produced locally. Or if it is, I don’t check the label enough to notice.

This is the opposite of what seems sustainable. The image we have in our head of the ‘environmentally-friendly meal’ is one that’s sourced from the local market; produced on an organic farm without nasty chemicals; and brought home in a paper bag, not a plastic wrapper. Forget the processed junk: it’s meat and vegetables, as fresh as they come. We set aside time to cook them properly, in the oven.

I know that my way of eating is low-carbon. I’ve spent years poring over the data. Microwaves are the most efficient way to cook. Local food is often no better than food shipped from continents away. Organic food often has a higher carbon footprint. And packaging is a tiny fraction of a food’s environmental footprint, and often lengthens its shelf-life.

Yet it still feels wrong. I know I’m doing the right thing for the environment, but there’s still a part of me that feels like a traitor. I can see the confusion on peoples’ faces when they hear about some of my decisions. I feel embarrassed that people might think that I’m being a ‘bad’ environmentalist.

Kliknutím sem můžete změnit nastavení reklam