• události
  • tržiště
  • diskuze
  • nástěnka
  • přihlásit
    registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    TUHOKlimaticka zmena / Thank you so much for ruining my day

"Given the sheer enormity of climate change, it’s okay to be depressed, to grieve. But please, don’t stay there too long. Join me in pure, unadulterated, righteous anger."

"I don’t want your hope. I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. And then I want you to act. Once you start to act, the hope is everywhere."

"Our best scientists tell us insistently that a calamity is unfolding, that the life-support systems of the Earth are being damaged in ways that threaten our survival. Yet in the face of these facts we carry on as usual."

“We’ve got to stop burning fossil fuels. So many aspects of life depend on fossil fuels, except for music and love and education and happiness. These things, which hardly use fossil fuels, are what we must focus on.”

A nejde o to, že na to nemáme dostatečné technologie, ty by na řešení použít šly, ale chybí nám vůle a představivost je využít. Zůstáváme při zemi, přemýšlíme až moc rezervovaně. Technologický pokrok to sám o sobě nevyřeší. Problém jsme my, ne technologické nástroje.

Rostouci hladiny oceanu, zmena atmosferickeho proudeni, zmeny v distribuci srazek a sucha. Zmeny karbonoveho, fosforoveho a dusikoveho cyklu, okyselovani oceanu. Jake jsou bezpecnostni rizika a jake potencialni klady dramatickych zmen fungovani zemskeho systemu?
    Ale take jak funguji masove dezinformacni kampane ropneho prumyslu a boj o verejne mineni na prahu noveho klimatickeho rezimu post-holocenu.
    rozbalit záhlaví
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Weather Whiplashing and Jetstream Waviness
    https://youtu.be/RS_0GNk_CfE?si=pAEyL8ImmySD5UrI

The Climate Emergency Forum welcomes Dr. Jennifer Francis to discuss two of her recent papers on Weather Whiplashing, which is defined as an abrupt shift from one persistent set of often extreme weather conditions to another.

This video was recorded on February 27th, 2024, and published on March 10th, 2024.

Dr. Francis introduces the concept of weather whiplashing and provides examples like sudden temperature drops and shifts from drought to heavy rain, highlighting the impact of these events on regions like Florida and California. Dr. Francis explains how weather whiplash events are diagnosed by analyzing patterns in the jet stream using self-organizing maps, emphasizing the role of the Arctic's warming in increasing the frequency of these events.

The dialogue delves into the intricate relationship between atmospheric patterns, jet stream dynamics, and weather phenomena. Dr. Francis illustrates how anomalies in the upper-level atmosphere can lead to significant shifts in weather patterns, affecting regions like Florida with freeze events and temperature extremes. She discusses the use of AI tools to analyze atmospheric patterns over time and predict future trends in weather whiplash events, particularly focusing on scenarios where the Arctic's warming plays a crucial role in driving these shifts.

Participants engage in a thought-provoking discussion on the complexities of jet stream behavior, climate factors influencing atmospheric dynamics, and implications for global weather patterns. Questions raised by participants highlight key aspects such as variations in jet stream configurations, heat transfer between equator and poles, and the impact of Arctic warming on jet stream speed and waviness.

Dr. Francis addresses inquiries about ocean currents' correlation with jet stream patterns and explains how subtleties in jet streams affect phenomena like record low transit times for airplanes flying across continents. The dialogue underscores the interdisciplinary nature of climate research and the interconnectedness of various environmental factors shaping our planet's weather systems.

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1029/2022JD036717
    XCHAOS
    XCHAOS --- ---
    YMLADRIS: mno, ovlivn'uje, ale přeci jen lokální teplota vzduchu nad tím prouděním většinou nějak zvítězí... ty objemy vzduchu, co jetstream přenáší, jsou zanedbatelné, to bych měl větší strach o oceánské proudy, protože do vody naakumuluješ víc energie, než ze vzduchu

jetstream proudil asi okolo izolovaného chladného polárního vzduchu, který když v létě nebude, tak se možná jetstream rozpadne, kdo ví. albedo Severního ledovýho oceánu je rozhodně vyšší, než kolik měl ten led, takže množství tepla, který země absorbuje, když se během polárního dne část energie pohltí, místo aby se odrazila, je obrovský. Možná ten vliv je zásadnější, než celý vliv CO2, protože to albedo hraje velkou roli... ale třeba mraky nad mořem už budou skoro tak dobrý, jako předtím ten sníh, takže je to hrozně nelineární a nakonec jediný faktor, který ti nevyjde nelineární, je CO2 (protože tak zima, aby se vysněžil do podoby suchýho ledu, nikde na Zemi není... vlastně mi napadá, že CO2 by mohl desublimovat někde vysoko ve stratosféře, ale je ho tak málo, že to asi nedělá... wow, to je cool nápad na sci-fi geoinženýring - vytvořit stratosférický konstrukce, na kterých by desublimovalo CO2 a ochlazovalo stratsoféru :-)
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    J Rockstrom
    https://twitter.com/jrockstrom/status/1544280479041568768?s=19

Brand new PIK research: #Jetstream alterations are a key part of why Western Europe is seeing more and more scorching #heatwaves - 3-4 times more than the rest of northern mid-latitudes.

Increase in heatwaves in western Europe linked to changes in the jet stream — Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
    https://www.pik-potsdam.de/en/news/latest-news/increase-in-heatwaves-in-western-europe-linked-to-changes-in-the-jet-stream
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Arctic climate change may not be making winter jet stream weird after all
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2021/07/31/arctic-climate-change-jetstream-winter/

Screen and Blackport suggest that the connection between Arctic sea ice loss and extreme midlatitude events is real, but not necessarily causal. Instead, they argue, a third factor — most likely large-scale changes in atmospheric circulation that may not be permanent — is probably driving both the sea ice loss and the extreme winter events.

Mann said in an email, “I think the jury is still very much out. And I applaud both ‘camps’ for continuing to examine the best available data and models to get to the bottom of this. Eventually, this work will converge toward a scientific consensus.
    YMLADRIS
    YMLADRIS --- ---
    TADEAS: v podstate ano. pokud hledam, cemu verim ze se stane, nejak intuitivne, tak business as usual, tj. misto miliardy lidi v chudobe bude nekolik miliard, misto rozsahleho vyspeleho sveta budou male enklavy, vetsine sveta poklesne zivotni uroven a tim se mj. zploští energeticka krivka (v tomto bode ale samozrejme pokud randers nema pocit ze bude nejakej pokles/crash tak urcite tomu rozumi lip), jako ze nevim z ceho tu nadeji na planetaritu cerpat. Nejde o to co ja bych chtela, ale co se stane.

muze se samozrejme stat neco zasadniho, fuze, AI, nebo naopak skutecna pandemie, jetstream udela skutecny crash (hladomory), cokoliv. to nevim
    YMLADRIS
    YMLADRIS --- ---
    YMLADRIS: .. aktualne jsem v pozici, ze se musi objevit v te dynamice nejaka nova velka sila, ktera by nejak zamichala kartama. vidim dve moznosti. a) stane se nejakej zazrak na urovni EU / vynaleznou nejakou metodu, ktera povede na masove probuzeni v EP a nejake zpusoby jak zajistit, aby klima pochopily lokalni vlady. co tim myslim? analogie "neznameho muze s excelovou tabulkou" -- nekdo na jare udelal babisovi prezentaci o covidu, ten tomu sice neveril, ale pak si kazdy rano overoval pocty pripadu s tou prezentaci a protoze to furt presne sedelo, tak uveril a zacali solidne hrotit. vicemene zazrak. tak neco takoveho, ze proste by to v EP nejak "konecne doslo" (souvislosti, rozsah, prognoza...). Nevim co by to mohlo byt (moc diky, Deloitte), ale proste ze by to nejak prislo "z EU, kde jsou schopni uvazovat dele nez k nejblizsim volbam")

b) stanou se narocne prirodni jevy, ktere ani ac necekal. nemyslim tim katastrofalni sucho pristi leto v cesku. ale fakt neco solidniho, jetstream vyrobi ukazku hladomoru nebo tak neco. Pak by byl prostor.

ja bych se rada podilela na necem co ma pro klima vyznam. burcovani volicu se mi neosvedcilo (sorry gojatla :))
    Kliknutím sem můžete změnit nastavení reklam