• události
  • tržiště
  • diskuze
  • nástěnka
  • přihlásit
    registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    TUHOKlimaticka zmena / Thank you so much for ruining my day

"Given the sheer enormity of climate change, it’s okay to be depressed, to grieve. But please, don’t stay there too long. Join me in pure, unadulterated, righteous anger."

"I don’t want your hope. I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. And then I want you to act. Once you start to act, the hope is everywhere."

"Our best scientists tell us insistently that a calamity is unfolding, that the life-support systems of the Earth are being damaged in ways that threaten our survival. Yet in the face of these facts we carry on as usual."

“We’ve got to stop burning fossil fuels. So many aspects of life depend on fossil fuels, except for music and love and education and happiness. These things, which hardly use fossil fuels, are what we must focus on.”

A nejde o to, že na to nemáme dostatečné technologie, ty by na řešení použít šly, ale chybí nám vůle a představivost je využít. Zůstáváme při zemi, přemýšlíme až moc rezervovaně. Technologický pokrok to sám o sobě nevyřeší. Problém jsme my, ne technologické nástroje.

Rostouci hladiny oceanu, zmena atmosferickeho proudeni, zmeny v distribuci srazek a sucha. Zmeny karbonoveho, fosforoveho a dusikoveho cyklu, okyselovani oceanu. Jake jsou bezpecnostni rizika a jake potencialni klady dramatickych zmen fungovani zemskeho systemu?
    Ale take jak funguji masove dezinformacni kampane ropneho prumyslu a boj o verejne mineni na prahu noveho klimatickeho rezimu post-holocenu.
    rozbalit záhlaví
    DZODZO
    DZODZO --- ---
    Q&A: How are Libya’s ‘medicane’-fuelled floods linked to climate change? - Carbon Brief
    https://www.carbonbrief.org/qa-how-are-libyas-medicane-fuelled-floods-linked-to-climate-change/

"They find that rainfall as extreme as that observed over Libya has become up to 50 times more likely and up to 50% more intense due to human-caused climate change."

pokial budu eventy, ktore znicia stvrtinu celeho mesta za 24 hodin 50x castejsie, stihne ekonomika tuto infrastrukturu budovat dostatocne rychlo, aby mohla dalej rast? zbombardovane drazdany tiez nepostavili za den
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    J Berardelli
    https://twitter.com/WeatherProf/status/1700587947353890850?s=19

We have a #medicane in the making. Storm #Daniel in the Mediterranean now has tropical characteristics heading south and will make landfall tonight near Benghazi, Libya. TheThe dark shades of purple are winds 50 mph+
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Extremely busy hurricane season 2020 now taps into the Greek alphabet
    https://www.severe-weather.eu/tropical-weather/greek-alphabet-atlantic-hurricanes-mk/

There are still several months left until the official end of hurricane season 2020, but there has already been twice the average number of storms. With 23 storms under the belt, the traditional hurricane names are used. We are moving into the Greek alphabet. Alpha and Beta formed on Friday, but more is on the way!

What makes this season being so extreme and record-breaking, is the fact that storms with the same letters are developing weeks earlier than normally expected. And even much earlier than previously set records.

Such satellite image of numerous active storms is almost typical for 2020. While there was very active Tropical Atlantic not enough, even the Mediterranean produced a tropical storm – Medicane Ianos!

the temperatures are around 1-2 degrees Celsius warmer than the long-term average (1981-2010) across the Western Atlantic, Caribbean, and also in part of the Gulf. Seas are particularly warm along the US East Coast, even up to 3 °C warmer.

Kliknutím sem můžete změnit nastavení reklam