• diskuze
  • nástěnka
  • přihlásit
    registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    TUHODezinformace o klimatu // Rage Against the Fossil Machine
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    Tech’s complicity in environmental destruction is not just limited to toxic manufacturing waste and a large carbon footprint. Companies also have a large influence on the climate crisis in the context of policy, the broader economy, and the flow of information. Reports in 2019 revealed that Google has made significant contributions to climate denialist groups, including the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI), which helped convince the Trump administration to withdraw from the Paris Agreement in 2017. Facebook has come under fire for lax action against climate change denial on their platform, where disinformation can easily spread without diligent fact-checking. Google, Microsoft, and Amazon have partnered with large oil companies to build machine learning tools that streamline oil production. In fact, the oil industry invested an estimated $1.75 billion in 2018 into machine learning tools, which is projected to grow to $4.01 billion by 2025.

Our purpose in throwing light onto this destructive behavior is not simply to paint a bleak future. Through public pressure and the collective organizing of tech employees, there has been media coverage of some success in holding the tech industry responsible for their environmental destruction. In 2019, after the Amazon Employees for Climate Justice organization led a large walkout in support of the global climate strike, Amazon pledged to reach net-zero carbon emissions by 2040. Similarly, in response to employee pressure, Google pledged to stop funding climate change deniers in 2020. Google also promised to rescind all future contracts with oil companies in response to a Greenpeace report about tech’s oil contracts

The Hidden Cost of Digital Consumption
    https://parametric.press/issue-02/streaming/
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    Sbornik ke spolecenske tvorbe ignorance .)) Je tam i pasaz o klimatu

What don't we know, and why don't we know it? What keeps ignorance alive, or allows it to be used as a political instrument? Agnotology—the study of ignorance—provides a new theoretical perspective to broaden traditional questions about "how we know" to ask: Why don't we know what we don't know? The essays assembled in Agnotology show that ignorance is often more than just an absence of knowledge; it can also be the outcome of cultural and political struggles. Ignorance has a history and a political geography, but there are also things people don't want you to know ("Doubt is our product" is the tobacco industry slogan). Individual chapters treat examples from the realms of global climate change, military secrecy, female orgasm, environmental denialism, Native American paleontology, theoretical archaeology, racial ignorance, and more. The goal of this volume is to better understand how

Agnotology: The Making and Unmaking of Ignorance | Department of History
    https://history.stanford.edu/publications/agnotology-making-and-unmaking-ignorance
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    Kouakm, ze jsem si sem neodlozil. Jan Zahradnik z ODS, jejich expert na zivotni prostredi, ktery tvrdi ze - sklenikove plyny vlastne neovlivnuji klima na Zemi! .))

Je to třeba znovu se objevivší fyzikální výzkum pánů Nikolova a Zellera, kteří ve své studii píší, že skleníkové plyny vlastně neovlivňují klima na Zemi, ale že toto klima ovlivňuje jakýsi složitější termodynamický efekt atmosférického tlaku.

PČR, PS 2017-..., 30. schůze, část 179 (5. 6. 2019)
    https://www.psp.cz/eknih/2017ps/stenprot/030schuz/s030179.htm
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    Fosilni prumysl se snazi stale ve velkym blokovat klimatickou akci

InfluenceMap
    @InfluenceMap
    The American Petroleum Institute is flooding Facebook with ads aimed at blocking key climate initiatives in the $3.5t budget reconciliation.
    The group has eclipsed its previous daily spend record, which was set when Joe Biden announced his climate plan during the 2020 election.

TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    TUHO: I didn’t know it, but when I’d used the word “consensus,” I’d hit a land mine. For those who claim that climate change is a myth, the term “consensus” will — boom! — trigger a backlash. That’s because their strategy is based on spreading the idea that the science is still unsettled. Why? Because if you don’t know for sure there’s a problem, you can’t justify doing anything about it.
    As an ad from the coal industry had it, “How much are you willing to pay to solve a problem that may not exist?”

Around the time this was happening, I met the Caltech historian Erik Conway. He’d come across material about the campaign to stop ozone depletion by curbing chlorofluorocarbons use. Erik said one of the people attacking me had done the same to Sherwood Rowland, a co-recipient of the Nobel Prize for his work on ozone depletion.
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    Like many people, I used to think the scientific community was divided about climate change. Then in 2004, as part of a book I was doing on oceanography, I did a search of 1,000 articles published in peer-reviewed scientific literature in the previous 10 years.

I asked how many showed evidence that disagreed with the statement made in the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s report: “Most of the observed warming over the past 50 years is likely to have been due to the increase in greenhouse gas concentrations.” I found that none did. Zero.

Naomi Oreskes Imagines the Future History of Climate Change - The New York Times
    https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/28/science/naomi-oreskes-imagines-the-future-history-of-climate-change.html
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    Well, COVID-19 is a little bit different than climate change and evolutionary theory. Scientists have been working on evolutionary theory for the past 150 years and climate change for, say, 70 years – so the science is very well established and well settled. COVID-19 is different because there are many things about it, and coronaviruses in general, that we don’t understand; we can’t say the science is settled.

But we can see that even in the very different scientific situation, some of the same kinds of political and ideological issues are kicking in. People reject scientific advice [about COVID-19] because they see it as the government telling them what to do: “I don’t want the government telling me that I have to wear a mask.” And that overlaps a lot with the rejection of climate change, where the rejection of government and market fundamentalism is also tied to a kind of radical individualism: “My life is not for someone else to tell me what to do.” That’s okay, up to a point. But when what you do hurts other people, then it gets problematic.

Naomi Oreskes on the science of climate change and COVID-19 – and those who deny it - McGill Reporter
    https://reporter.mcgill.ca/naomi-oreskes-on-the-science-of-climate-change-and-covid-19-and-those-who-deny-it/
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    Pro milovniky podcastu. Rozhovor o dezinformacni masinerii s Naomi Oreskes

Even people who might have been skeptical to begin with about climate change, when I would actually talk about why I got involved in this issue, why it matters to me, why I act on climate, to use the hashtag, I found that often people would suddenly be listening more closely. Then I become a person just like them, grappling with a complicated issue, caring about my children just like them, and I think that opens up a space to make a human connection with people that maybe otherwise you might think you have nothing in common with them.

That happens a lot with scientists. They think, “How can I possibly talk to somebody who thinks the earth is 6,000 years old?” Or, “How can I possibly talk to somebody who hasn’t vaccinated their children?” This is one way to answer that question: to say, “Well, look, you have values, they have values, and it turns out actually many of those values may overlap. Those people who aren’t vaccinating their children, they love their children just as much as you do, but they have some kind of conceptual framework that has made them think that not vaccinating their children is an appropriate expression of their love. And if you can find a way to say, ‘Well, I love my children too and here’s why I vaccinate my children’ — sometimes that can open up a space that would otherwise not be there.”

Not Cool Ep 26: Naomi Oreskes on trusting climate science - Future of Life Institute
    https://futureoflife.org/2019/11/25/not-cool-ep-26-naomi-oreskes-on-trusting-climate-science/
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    video super znazornujicinnejistoty v klimaticky vede

A Skeptical Look at Climate Science
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=R7FAAfK78_M&fbclid=IwAR3-s6WP7aLe5bMbk8xti5WiHQISGEecAk0V3bXzyjmKLmvX2gvq1HROMDI
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    In the videos, Stossel, and others appearing alongside him, cast doubt on the severity of climate change. In one video, titled Are We All Doomed?, Stossel replays excerpts from a panel discussion he moderated for The Heartland Institute, which has received funding from fossil fuel companies and groups opposed to regulations on greenhouse gases. The panel consisted of three climate skeptics—meteorologist Patrick Michaels, geographer David Legates, and astrophysicist Willie Soon—who proceeded to question whether anthropogenic climate change is causing sea level rise or increasing the power of hurricanes.

In another, titled Government Fueled Fires, Stossel discusses whether forest management practices or climate change were driving severity of California’s recent fire seasons, interviewing author Michael Shellenberger on the matter. Shellenberger is a self-proclaimed environmental activist who writes about “environmental alarmism” and claims that climate change “is not even our most serious environmental problem.”

Both videos were fact-checked by Climate Feedback, a subsidiary of French fact-checking organization and Facebook partner Science Feedback. The group found that Stossel’s climate change video contained “partly false information” because “speakers in the video rely on several inaccurate claims and use imprecise language that misleads viewers about the scientific understanding of climate change.”

Ex-Fox host claims Facebook defamed him by fact-checking climate change videos | Ars Technica
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2021/09/ex-fox-host-claims-facebook-defamed-him-by-fact-checking-climate-change-videos
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    TUHO:

We focus here on a recent such initiative, which gained notoriety between the second half of 2019 and the first half of 2020. We show that its promoters and signatories generally display an extremely low level of scientific activity within the field of climate change.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/16000870.2021.1875727
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    Dva roky starsi - Ivan Brezina, Reflex a tentokrat po Oregonske deklaraci, Lipske petici a dalsich a dalsich prichazi Evropska deklarace .]] Tusim, ze jsme si tu o ni taky psali, ale nejak nemuzu dohledat.

Tohle Gretu nepotěší: „Žádná klimatická nouze neexistuje,“ říkají vědci | Reflex.cz
    https://www.reflex.cz/clanek/komentare/98073/tohle-gretu-nepotesi-zadna-klimaticka-nouze-neexistuje-rikaji-vedci.html
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    The latter argument claims that populists deny climate change because they distrust the underlying climate science. According to this view, populists would view climate scientists as part of the self-serving elite that betrays the people. Utilising data from the Austrian National Election Study and structural equation modelling, we find strong support for the relationship of populism and climate attitudes via attitudes towards science and institutional trust. Populists systematically hold more negative attitudes towards science and political institutions, and consequently deny climate change.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/09644016.2021.1978200
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    Murdoch’s News Corp has spent the past 15 years mitigating its own climate risk while giving media outlets like Fox News carte blanche to deny climate change altogether.

Rupert Murdoch Has Known We’ve Been in a Climate Emergency Since 2006, Documents Show
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7byqw/rupert-murdoch-climate-change-fox-news-news-corp
    SLL_QUY
    SLL_QUY --- ---
    Předvolební debata se zástupci stran a hnutí – 3/5
    https://youtu.be/FBzXMFQdKWQ?t=1959

Pynelopi Cimprichová (Švýcarská demokracie) na 32:55 s vážnou tváří kontempluje co budou chudáci kytky dýchat kdyby skutečně došlo na uhlíkovou neutralitu
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    neco zase ze zakouti bizarnosti internetu

My Němci pro vás zachráníme planetu | The Conservative
    https://theconservative.online/article/my-nmci-pro-vas-zachranime-planetu
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    Neco z hlubin internetu, co na me kdosi vytahl ve FB diskuzi. Featuring Frederick Seitz a Willie Soon, aneb frontline zoldaci fosil prumyslu .))

Před časem (datum prvního zveřejnění je na webu těžko zjistitelné) se na serveru Oregonského ústavu vědy a medicíny objevila stránka, která možná měla vliv na rozhodnutí vlády USA prozatím nepodepisovat žádné dohody, které by je zavazovaly ke snížení emisí oxidu uhličitého. Pod průvodním dopisem, který celou akci provází, je podepsán pan profesor Frederick Seitz, bývalý president Národní akademie věd USA a emeritní profesor Rockefellerovy university. V následujícím textu nabízím svůj nekvalitní překlad části jedné z podstránek tohoto serveru (můj překlad celé podstránky včetně seznamu literatury, na kterou se text odvolává, je zde). Autory původního textu jsou:

Environmental Effects of Increased Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide - Anti Global Warming Petition Project
    http://www1.fs.cvut.cz/cz/U12110/hlavac/pproject/
    OMNIHASH
    OMNIHASH --- ---
    TUHO: trollit Ševčíka byla zábavná kratochvíle, jak zabít volnou hodinu. Už před 15 rokama, co jsem tam studoval, mu jebalo v lebeni o stošest a EU/OSN byly na jeho seznamu nepřátel kapitalismu bez přívlastků na prvních příčkách. Debata probíhala vždycky stejně, nejdřív se tě pokusil setřít nějakou náhodnou hláškou, když zjistil, že tudy cesta nevede, hodil si pětiminutovou přednášku na téma kapitalismus spasí svět, akorát jste moc mladý a blbý na to, abyste to pochopili, a když nezabralo ani to, vyrukoval argumenty typu: já se nebudu bavit s dvacetiletým děckem, co má dredy/piercing/whatever, a pokud nepřinesl kýženej výsledek ani to, vyhodil tě z hodiny.
    PETER_PAN
    PETER_PAN --- ---
    PETER_PAN: Tam jde o 1 vec. Ted kdyz tohle tema vic a vic studuju tak je jasne ze ta narocnost te transformace bude zejmena kolem vyroby elektricke energie. Transformace prumyslu a provozu civilizace na neemitujici bude stat trvalou vyrobu elektriny v levelu (cisla se mirne lisi a nikdo je nopocita globalne, ale jen na mensi lokality) cca 2.5x soucasne produkce. A to nejde s OZE + baterky udelat. Tzn. bez podpory JE je to bud nerealizovatelne, nebo se strukturou spolecnosti odpovidajici evrope po 1.sv.valce. A to pri dnesnich schopnostech lidi neni v Evrope moc realne. Protoze transformovat energetiku je maraton na cca 30 let, tak nepodporovani JE ted, znamena strkat hlavu do pisku a je to stejna zmrdovina pro "planetaritu" jako si muzeme precist z produkce IVK.
    PETER_PAN
    PETER_PAN --- ---
    TUHO: Ja jsem to shlidnul.
    Dokud zeleni (nejen SZ, ale cela ta socialne-kulturni bublina od Patrika po GP) nebudou podporovat JE, aplikaci technologii ktere jsou, referovani o bezpecnosti (tj. treba nevyvazet dezinfo do lokalit kde se ma dojit ke stavbe uloziste jaderneho odpadu) a podporovat vyvoj, jsou stejne toxicti jako Sevcik.
    Tim ze na jedne strane hovori o nutnosti zmeny ktera bude neco stat a na druhe strane proti JE argumentuji tim ze je draha, klesaji na uroven tech co v jedne vete reknou ze klimaticke zmeny zpusobene clovekem neexistujou a v druhe vete zahlasi ze bude alespon vic teplo a budou nam tu rust lepsi broskve.
    Kliknutím sem můžete změnit nastavení reklam