• témata
  • události
  • tržiště
  • diskuze
  • nástěnka
  • přihlásit
    registrace
    ztracené heslo?
    TUHOKlimaticka zmena / If the fracturing of our once stable climate doesn’t terrify you, then you don’t fully understand it
    GLOBETROTTER
    GLOBETROTTER --- ---
    TUHO: laický dotaz - čím lze nahradit australské uhlí?
    TUHO
    TUHO --- ---
    Máme nyní příležitost skoncovat v Austrálii s klimatickými válkami. Podnikatelé vědí, že bránit klimatické změně znamená pracovní příležitosti a že je to dobré pro naši ekonomiku. Chci se připojit k celosvětovému úsilí,“ řekl Albanese v rozhovoru s BBC.

I když v kampani kladl důraz na ekologická témata a slíbil, že bude prosazovat přijetí ambicióznějších cílů, pokud jde o snižování emisí, odmítl zatím výzvy omezit využívání uhlí nebo zablokovat otevírání nových uhelných dolů.

Austrálie je sice zasažena klimatickou změnou –⁠ v posledních třech letech zabily rekordně rozsáhlé požáry a povodně přes pět set lidí a miliardy zvířat –⁠ zároveň ale zůstává v přepočtu na obyvatele jedním z největších světových znečišťovatelů. Je mimo jiné druhým největším světovým vývozcem uhlí.

Austrálie zásadně změní svou klimatickou politiku, slíbil budoucí premiér Albanese — ČT24 — Česká televize
    https://ct24.ceskatelevize.cz/svet/3492174-australie-zasadne-zmeni-svou-klimatickou-politiku-slibil-budouci-premier-albanese
    SHEFIK
    SHEFIK --- ---
    #ccs #researchFunding

Biden administration lays out plan for four carbon-capture facilities | Ars Technica
    https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/05/biden-administration-lays-out-plan-for-four-carbon-capture-facilities/

The DOE's funding has the potential to change some of that. It has a total of $3.5 billion to spend in the years 2022 through 2026. It plans to use that to fund four carbon-capture and storage centers spread across the US, each with the capability of permanently storing a million metric tons of carbon dioxide a year.

The funding will handle the entire process: the facility that removes and concentrates the carbon dioxide; any pipelines or transport hardware needed to get to where it's used or stored; and any equipment needed to do the storage. The funding is agnostic about the method used for capture and storage, mentioning that chemical capture, removal by biomass, and sequestration in the ocean are all options.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Peter Kalmus: ‘As a species, we’re on autopilot, not making the right decisions’ | Climate crisis | The Guardian
    https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/may/21/peter-kalmus-nasa-scientist-climate-protest-interview

President Biden is begging Opec to expand production. He’s opening new lands for drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and public lands of the US. Right now, what I’m seeing from world leaders, including Biden, is that they’re using the bully pulpit of their position to urge the expansion of fossil fuels. They’ve completely stopped talking about taking climate action.

The leaders of the world are squandering a historic opportunity to make that transition to renewables. Instead, they’re using it as an opportunity to expand the fossil fuel industry, and the fossil fuel CEOs are rubbing their hands in glee at what’s happening right now. They can’t believe their good fortune that Putin invaded Ukraine.

People need to understand that all degrowth really is, is a switch in the goal of the economic system. We need to change the goal of the system from the accumulation of capital to the flourishing of all people, not just people in the global north, also people in the global south, and the flourishing of all life on this planet, because our economic system is embedded in the biosphere. If we take down the biosphere, we lose everything, and we don’t have an economic system any more. That’s why we desperately need to change the goal of the system to the flourishing of everyone and all life on the planet.

I’m constantly fending off this sort of ocean of climate anxiety that’s in my brain. When that ocean rises to a high enough level, I can’t really function any more. I get stressed. I am not very fun to be around. My ability to write degrades hugely. The strongest practice I have to keep that ocean of anxiety at bay is a meditation practice, called Vipassana. ...
    I’m doing it, then I have zero climate anxiety. I’m fully aware of the emergency, but it unlocks my ability to be able to do everything I can, to work as hard as I can to sound the alarm, basically.

I used to take vacations in the High Sierra, to kind of recharge through nature, but it doesn’t work any more. Because last summer we took a five-day backpacking trip up there with my younger son and my partner, the three of us. It was too depressing to me, because in the two years that I’d walked on that trail, the John Muir trail, the tree mortality was just outrageous. There were so many dead trees all along the path. Streams and ponds that had once been flowing at that time of year, two years earlier, were bone dry, because of the drought. I can’t go. It’s just too painful for me now. When I’m in the mountains, I’m constantly feeling climate grief. That’s not a way for me to deal with my climate anxiety any more, unfortunately.,

If I were in their place, I would also choose not to have children. It’s a hard thing to say. It’s so heartbreaking to have this sense that the future is getting worse, and that it’s going to be worse for your kids. Now it feels like it’s getting worse at a very fast rate. One thing I desperately want before I die is to have a feeling that the future is going to be better.

That we’ve switched this corner and we’ve started to change the system towards flourishing for all, and we’ve come out of this madness of billionaires, and fossil fuel, and money in politics. That’s what I want to feel. I’ll feel grief from maybe the loss of the Amazon rainforest, and the loss of most of the world’s coral reefs, but mixed with that grief, I long for a feeling of solidarity. I long to feel a faith in humanity once again, because right now I’m not so sure. There’s some tremendous people out there, but it feels like, as a species, we’re just on autopilot and we’re not making the right decisions. I long to feel that we’re doing things better.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Bill McKibben

In an election largely fought on climate, Australia tosses the Prime Minister who once brought a lump of coal to parliament.
    A huge win for Greens, and for activists who have fought for decades--and it will matter to the world! Such thanks!

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/21/australia/australia-election-results-morrison-albanese-intl-hnk/index.html
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Apocalypse now? The alarming effects of the global food crisis | World news | The Guardian
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/21/apocalypse-now-the-alarming-effects-of-the-global-food-crisis

The World Food Programme estimates about 49 million people face emergency levels of hunger. About 811 million go to bed hungry each night. The number of people on the brink of starvation across Africa’s Sahel region, for example, is at least 10 times higher than in pre-Covid 2019.

The adverse impact of Russia’s invasion on the availability and price of staples such as wheat, maize, barley and sunflower oil – Ukraine and Russia normally produce about 30% of global wheat exports – has been huge.

Ukraine’s wheat production this year is likely to be 35% down, and exporting much of it may be impossible due to Russia’s Black Sea blockade. In March, global commodity prices, recorded by the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organisation, hit an all-time high. They remain at record-breaking levels.

Russia’s war has compounded or accelerated pre-existing food deficits and inflationary trends arising from a host of linked factors: the negative economic impact of the pandemic; resulting supply-chain, employment and transport problems; extreme weather and climate-crisis-related falls in output; spiralling energy costs; and numerous other ongoing conflicts worldwide.

Addressing the UN last week, Antony Blinken, the US secretary of state, said the world faced “the greatest global food security crisis of our time”. Blinken announced an additional $215m in global emergency food assistance on top of $2.3bn already donated by the US since the Ukraine invasion began on 24 February.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    SHEFIK: kdyby se v tak velkym instalovala fotovoltaika, muselo by se pak budovat moc domacich paroplynek a kotlu na uhli, dava to smysl
    SHEFIK
    SHEFIK --- ---
    TADEAS: :DD tak skoda, ze u nas jeste neexistuje to trzni prostredi

Podle ministerstva průmyslu by totiž masivní výstavba velkých fotovoltaik vyblokovala veškerou kapacitu instalačních firem, které by tak nemohly budovat malé solární zdroje na střechách domů.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    authorized by the department of climate wars

Australia election: conservative government voted out after nearly a decade | Australian election 2022 | The Guardian
    https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/may/21/australia-election-conservative-government-voted-out-after-nearly-a-decade

While both major parties were at pains throughout the campaign not to appear overly ambitious on climate action, the legacy of recent natural disasters across several states, including deadly bushfires and floods, appear to have resonated with many voters.

Labor’s target of cutting emissions by 43% by 2030 was more ambitious than the Coalition’s goal of a 26-28% reduction, but less than what the independents and Greens were demanding, and below what scientists claimed was needed.

However when declaring victory on Saturday evening, Albanese said “together we can end the climate wars”, and said Australia can be a “renewable energy superpower”.
    PER2
    PER2 --- ---
    DZODZO: pred pard dny jsem tu z okna koukal natohle, celkem fun :D
    Bouři na Pardubicku v úterý večer provázela tromba. Mohlo jít i o slabé tornádo — ČT24 — Česká televize
    https://ct24.ceskatelevize.cz/regiony/3490740-bouri-na-pardubicku-v-utery-vecer-provazela-tromba-mohlo-jit-i-o-slabe-tornado
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    Ministerstvo průmyslu ani po kritice ze všech stran nepustí fotovoltaiku do aukcí - Ekonomický deník
    https://ekonomickydenik.cz/ministerstvo-prumyslu-ani-po-kritice-ze-vsech-stran-nepusti-fotovoltaiku-do-aukci/
    DZODZO
    DZODZO --- ---
    takze teraz ked budu tornada castejsie, tak uz za to bude moct zmena klimy? lebo jedno tornado bolo v cesku aj v 11. storoci ci kedy to, takze tornada su v CR bezne...

V Česku může udeřit další tornádo, varuje meteoroložka. Které oblasti jsou ohroženy? - CNN Prima NEWS
    https://cnn.iprima.cz/v-cesku-muze-uderit-dalsi-tornado-jak-vznika-a-ktere-oblasti-jsou-nejvice-ohrozene-108520
    SCHWEPZ
    SCHWEPZ --- ---
    „Chtějí mou vlast jako zdroj potravin a vody.“ Co spojuje válku a klima, popisuje Ukrajinka z IPCC | Plus
    https://plus.rozhlas.cz/chteji-mou-vlast-jako-zdroj-potravin-a-vody-co-spojuje-valku-a-klima-popisuje-8748670

„Ukrajina má výhodné podmínky pro zemědělství, dobrou půdu, jsme zdrojem potravin nejen pro Evropu. Rusko útočí na jih a východ Ukrajiny také proto, že potřebuje vodu pro Krym. Celých osm let od okupace Krymu mě měsíc co měsíc kontaktovali z Krymu s otázkami ohledně klimatu nebo počasí, ať už to bylo kvůli suchu nebo záplavám. Klimatické předpovědi ukazují, že se tam situace bude zhoršovat, takže potřebují další území.“
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    SMYSLOV: to je tezky no, kdyz ted neexistuje budoucnost bez extremnich socialnich nepokoju, zhroucenejch rezimu, neurod a kolapsu zemedelstvi... se tim nakonec neda obhajovat nic, protoze to nastane v podobny mire s odpojenim plynu, bez odpojeni plynu...
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    italové řekám

The longest river in Italy is drying up. What does this mean for those who rely on it for food? | Euronews
    https://www.euronews.com/green/2022/05/14/the-longest-river-in-italy-is-drying-up-what-does-this-mean-for-those-who-rely-on-it-for-f

Italy’s Po River flows some 650km from the snowy Alps in the northwest to the wild Po Delta in the east before rushing out into the Adriatic Sea.

During its course, the great waterway nourishes the expansive fertile plains of northern Italy where farmers have thrived for generations. Dubbed Italy’s breadbasket, these flatlands covered with crops are responsible for some 40 per cent of Italy's GDP.

The problems start, however, in the mountains, where snowfall has been at its lowest for 20 years measuring 50 per cent less than the seasonal average. The glaciers of the Alps, which act as reservoirs to feed the river, are also shrinking each year. On Monte Viso, a mountain close to the French border where the Po River originates, the permafrost is melting and causing chunks of rock to crumble away.

The situation has set alarm bells ringing about the effects climate change could have on an area so heavily dependent upon the river’s waters.

This season has already been a stark warning that the warming planet may turn Italy's fertile farmlands and nutrient-rich Delta into a salty wasteland, while putting hundreds of thousands of livelihoods at risk. “It is a 360-degree disaster,” says Mantovani.
    SHEFIK
    SHEFIK --- ---
    #hope #hydrogen #ccs

Carbon-negative hydrogen. Z bioplynu vodik a biouhel jako odpadni produkt. Co vic si prat. Snaz uz jen nizsi cenu

New method could potentially produce hydrogen from biogas for $2/kg – pv magazine International
    https://www.pv-magazine.com/2022/05/19/new-method-could-potentially-produce-hydrogen-from-biogas-for-2-kg/
    SHEFIK
    SHEFIK --- ---
    #vysvedceni

Životní prostředí v Česku je podle analýzy páté nejhorší v Evropské unii - Ekolist.cz
    https://ekolist.cz/cz/zpravodajstvi/zpravy/zivotni-prostredi-v-cesku-je-podle-analyzy-pate-nejhorsi-v-evropske-unii

Kůrovcová kalamita u nás způsobila, že naše lesy a orná půda neabsorbují CO2, ale naopak jej produkují. V tomto ukazateli jsme podobně jako v případě sucha na posledním místě v EU,"
    SHEFIK
    SHEFIK --- ---
    #doomed

WMO: Důležité indikátory klimatické změny jsou na rekordní úrovni - Ekolist.cz
    https://ekolist.cz/cz/zpravodajstvi/zpravy/wmo-dulezite-indikatory-klimaticke-zmeny-jsou-na-rekordni-urovni

Podle zprávy koncentrace skleníkových plynů v ovzduší dosáhla v roce 2020 rekordních 413,2 ppm (částic na jeden milion). Údaj z loňského roku ještě není k dispozici, ale měřicí stanice na hoře Mona Loa na Havajských ostrovech v dubnu 2020 naměřila 416,45 ppm, loni v dubnu 419,05 ppm a letos v dubnu už 420,23 ppm.

Pokud jde o kyselost moří, oceány podle WMO vstřebávají zhruba 23 procent skleníkových plynů pocházejících z lidské činnosti. Tyto plyny reagují s vodou, což vede k zakyselení, které ohrožuje nejen mořský ekosystém. Kromě toho platí, že čím kyselejší voda je, tím menší je kapacita přijímat další CO2. Mezivládní panel OSN pro změny klimatu (IPCC) nedávno uvedl, že hodnota pH udávající kyselost (čím nižší, tím kyselejší) je na hladině oceánů nyní s velkou pravděpodobností na nejnižší úrovni za nejméně 26.000 let.

Experti se shodují, že v posledních desítkách let roste také množství tepla v oceánech, zvlášť výrazně od roku 2016. Stoupá také hladina moří, k čemuž přispívá tepelná expanze samotné mořské vody i nárůst objemu vody z tání ledu na pevnině. Mezi roky 1993 a 2002 podle WMO stoupala hladina moří o zhruba 2,1 milimetru ročně a mezi lety 2013 a 2021 už to bylo o 4,5 milimetru ročně.
    TADEAS
    TADEAS --- ---
    SHEFIK: nesleduju to... radsi se pripravuju na takeover az se tohle fosilni podnikani zhrouti svoji vlastni vahou
    Kliknutím sem můžete změnit nastavení reklam